Best Bet Of The Day - Sunday 20/04/08

Buster Hyvonen 3.15 Great Leighs (WIN) From the K Fallon website:

Too far back in a slowly run race at Kempton last time out. Picking up late on, with the winner getting first run on him. He is a winner without a penalty and must be followed next time he runs. (Especially if its on the all weather).
Seems quite versatile on all weather, placed 2nd on debut back in 2004 at Souhtwell and more recently it has won at Wolverhampton and place 2nd at Kempton. Often likes to be held up and has the master of those tactics on board today in Jamie Spencer. He has ridden it before and is 1 win and 2 places from 5 rides. Calculating is the obvious danger but has an extra 4lb and Hayley Turner takes over from Callan.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sunday 20/04/08 3.30 Wincanton : Mango Catcher EW Not easy to find a horse at this stage of the jump season that is still fairly fresh, improving, fairly handicapped and a value price. Mango Catcher could be the type to follow over the next few weeks, fairly modest form in Ireland before coming over to join the present trainer, first run for 6 months when running a cracker at Kempton when being heavily backed from 33's into 8's, finished second that day, then went on to win at Chepstow when i thought the track wasnt ideal as the horse has pace rather than stamina in my opinion. Anyway the way he made up ground that day impressed me and Wincanton could be an ideal place. Plenty of last time out winners here but a few of the opponents need to produce lifetime bests and have had a long season, with all that in mind i reckon the 8/1 is a very fair price, wouldnt be surprised if its backed again by connections either.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.