Thursday 17 April 2008Player 1 Tie Player 2 BPP
Jenkins v Mardle (19:40BST)2.205.402.8799%Details »
Hide « Jenkins v Mardle
Manley v Wade (20:30BST)4.757.001.50102%Details »
Hide « Manley v Wade
Lewis v van Barneveld (21:00BST)3.005.801.99101%Details »
Hide « Lewis v van Barneveld
Part v Taylor (21:45BST)9.008.001.26103%Details »
2 for me this week. 10pts W.Mardle to beat T.Jenkins (DNB) 5/4 Stan James Wayne Mardle's winning run came to an end at the hands of James Wade last week but there's no reason why it can't begin again at the Wembley Arena. Mardle has the crowd pretty much wherever he goes but tonight's he's the home guy and that should focus him enough to play his best darts here. Terry Jenkins has been like the okey cokey in this tournament. In, out, in, out. Other than when he's played Taylor or Barney he's looked pretty average in this event and average is unlikely to get the job done against Mardle in his current form. One concern would be Mardle missing a few doubles and while in the main Jenkins hits em like a barn door, he can miss them too but Mardle is scoring so well right now that it seems weird he's such an outsider even without the draw. I don't have him as such so we'll take Mardle without the draw. 10pts A.Lewis to beat R.Barneveld (DNB) 6/4 Paddy Power I've said it plenty of times before but I think there's something wrong with Barney in this tournament. He just hasn't played anything like his best darts so far. I noticed last week he went back to those ceramic darts of his but in truth he could have thrown 3 hedgehogs and he'd have still lost. Adrian Lewis though was superb last week in destroying the world champ. He averaged a shade under 100, hit 4 180s and took out a 170 finish. He really did look a class act last week and although consistency is his biggest problem I don't see him not bringing his best game with him here against the Dutchman. Barney's been missing a few doubles recently which will keep Lewis' spirits high should that continue and with Lewis back to full fitness and throwing 1st which I think could be important - especially if he pings the lids like he did last week - I'll take the young Stokie without the draw.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 12 Mardle DNB 5/4 10 pts and most 180s 11/8 10 pts. Pretty much as outlined above, Mardle is in clearly the better form and even though he lost last week he went down with credit. Jenkins can quite clearly bounce back to form at any point but given his current form especially against players other than Taylor/Barney (ie. games he should be doing better in) he should not really be the fav. and Mardle is the selection dnb. In terms of 180s, Jenkins hit more earlier in the comp. but recently as Mardle has really picked up form and Jenkins dropped it has been Mardle who has hit the 180s, 11 I think in his last 3 games compared to Jenkins 4 in the same amount of games and considering that it is slightly surprising to consider that Mardle is not the fav. in this market even with the tie a possibility. Terry Jenkins v Wayne Mardle 8-4 @ 12/1 8-6 @ 7/1 Peter Manley v James Wade 8-4 @ 9/2 8-6 @ 13/2 Adrian Lewis v Raymond van Barneveld 8-4 @ 7/1 8-6 @ 11/2 John Part v Phil Taylor 8-4 @ 9/2 8-6 @ 6/1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.