Carlisle Thurs 10th April

Tony Dobbins last day as a jockey :notworthya loyal servant over the years Hope to send him off with a winner 3.20 Ballyvoge should be a warm order to win the novice chase & the 7lb it gets from Akilak should be enough to see of its only serious rival to make this an emotional send off for Dobbin. The trip is no problem & the ground should be ideal.

Re: Carlisle Thurs 10th April

Do you think they've laid it out? :) I'll be cheering it on - hope he goes out with a winner.
I can only see Akilak beating it & it gets a handy 7lb from the top weight, ther eis nothing else in the race. Akilaks best form is on heavy so Gd - soft plays into Ballyvoge's hands. I reckon it will be 10/11 with Akilak 6/4 the rest 12/1 +

Re: Carlisle Thurs 10th April 5.05 Carlisle. Native Coll. Lay. (Racing Post SP 7/2) All about the weights for me, and with the lay needing to produce at 'least' his best, and with several having chances on their bare form and weights combined, the 7/2 would appear short enough. Can win, but at 7/2 can only be opposed in my opinion. If he goes and wins, then fair play to him.

Tony Dobbins last day as a jockey :notworthya loyal servant over the years Hope to send him off with a winner 3.20 Ballyvoge should be a warm order to win the novice chase & the 7lb it gets from Akilak should be enough to see of its only serious rival to make this an emotional send off for Dobbin. The trip is no problem & the ground should be ideal.
Yeah - but due to withdrawlas it is 1/5 EP with bookies and 1.34 @ BF. Anyway, this race is very interesting for place only backers as there are only 5 horses left in and three places will be paid out at BF:ok

Re: Carlisle Thurs 10th April Get the feeling they all want this to win, nice of the connections of the second fav to pull out to leave the way clear, just hope Dobbs doesnt fall off it now! Good luck to the bloke, making the right decision though, not looked on is game this season despite the stable's poor showing.

Led all the way round but looked in trouble jumping the last. Not sure the 2nd put in enough effort to beat it as i thought it would have got up had it started its run slightly earlier. They backed the 2nd from 9's to 5's just before the off so the bookies werent taking any chnaces as i expect the fav was friendless at those odds. Pleased for Dobbs & wish him every success.