Cricket :England v New Zealand

A great match to start what could be a good series. Kiwi batsmen are playing with a lot of cinfidence and our bowlers are quite a feasome line-up. I think the better bowling attack of England will prevail and win the series but a turning wicket sould alter things with Vittori a much better bowler than Giles . Jones is an aggresive fast bowler and if he finds his rhythm he could get a bagfull of wickets. Stauss is a massive bonus for England and may mean that Hussain may not finish the series in the line up. England should win this first test as the wicket is still good from all accounts and 270 odd is very gettable should just a couple of batsmen get in. Flintoff and Jones batted well and means that the Kiwis will have a much sterner tail to skittle out. You can get 8/11 at laddies for England to win the first test and I'll have a piece of that. England are around 5/4 for the series and a good bet too should they get the runs tomorrow.

Cricket :England v New Zealand Having just re-evaluated the situation, I think it's a decent price keema :lol Trez, Strauss, Butcher, Nasser, Thorpe, Filtoff (and Jones) should be able to knock that off really on what is apparently still a decent batting pitch :nana

Re: Cricket :England v New Zealand aye , I know what you mean jeffers.However I'm optomistic that this team has the balls to see a game through to the end and compete , unlike the soft teams of yesteryear. this bowling line-up excites me especially when you think that Anderson is waiting for his chance. Oh for a half decent spinner , we could challenge the convicts if we had one.