The Last At Kempton

It was hard to watch Love Academy breaking down with what looked like a break. I think it's an absolute disgrace that owner/trainer Luke Comer has ran this horse. He is 13 years of age, rated 32 for crying out loud and running at 80/1. Why? Now he is dead. What a fool. This should not be allowed. I'm against 99% of animal rights activist views when it comes to our sport, they know NOTHING about our sport but claim to, so instead of harping on incorrectly about the National on Saturday they should look at what had just happened at Kempton. I know his job was obviously to keep Nightstrike company on the way over here, but he shouldn't be here, he should be in a field somewhere. The trainer is a disgrace to his sport. :@ (apologies if in wrong area)

Re: The Last At Kempton I suppose at the end of the day its the owners choice to run their horses and I am sure they will be gutted. HOWEVER, I completely agree with you - at that age and with that rating there is no point in the horse continuing to run. He has clearly lost all his ability and should have been allowed a happy retirement after racing. He had been racing for the last 9 years for Christ sake and run 63 times. Surely when the horse had dropped so low in the ratings he should have been retired. Sickening scenes. :puke

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.