Southwell 31st March

3.30 - 2 Y-OLD MAIDEN - 5F HANDCUFF - J OSBORNE had his first 2 y-old runner of the season [sUB PRIME ] on Sat and was only beaten a SH-HD , finishing fast. I highlighted it's chance in that race after a study of the race stats and after reading a stable tour report on the ATTHERACES website. An interesting read and another of those 2 y-olds put forward to follow is HANDCUFF , here's the part lifted from the ATR site regarding OSBORNE'S assesment of it - HANDCUFF B c Lend A Hand - Peruvian Jade. Unraced "He's fast and forward and I could use him as my first runner because he's a tough little bastard that I like. He'd be a very good guide and if he won ok then it would be a very good sign for the rest of the two-year-olds." The danger will be the probable fav - COUNT ALMAVITA whose stable can produce some early season 2 y-old winners , however after SUB PRIME'S good run and the fact that OSBORNE'S stable has a 30% [6/20] record at SOUTHWELL with his youngsters and jockey TP QUEALLY has won on 12/55 [22%] of the stables 2-olds ; it gives the Colt a decent chance.

Re: Southwell 31st March 2.30 - Wodhill Schnaps - was beaten 1.25 lengths by Blue Empire last time out when receiving 2lbs but with a 5lb claimers allowance today Wodhill Schnaps is now 10 lbs better off than his rival. Wodhill Schnaps has been knocking on the door over a mile at Southwell of late with two placed efforts and a 4th of marks between 47-49 so today's mark of 52 doesn't seem that excessive today considering Mr B M Morris takes off 5 lb. Current 5/1 co-fav with Betfred. 3.00 - Copperbottomed - incredibly consistent at this level and never been further than 3rd on last 8 runs on the AW. Has winning course form, albeit over an extra furlong (6f raced here) although did place over 6f here two runs ago (beaten by 1 length). Runs off an attractive mark of 62 today, won off that mark at Lingfield LTO and rewinding back to last month even won off 67. A really solid bet, but that is reflected but the poor odds, currently 8/13 with Betfred. 5.00- Zaffeu is the clear form pick and goes in search of the hat-trick. The most recent of those wins came over CD last time out and Zaffeu runs off the same mark today but has to deal with a 10 lb hike in the weights for a 2.5 length win LTO. The 7/2 on offer with Betfred looks good value IMO opinion though so I'll be backing a 1pt win single on that and also a 1 pt win single on Muntami as a saver. Muntami is 16/1 (Betfred) this morning and although was slaughtered on the AW on its last run has been contesting C4 races on the hurdles recently. Rewinding back 12 months Muntami notched up back-to-back victories here at Southwell off marks of 56 and 62 over 11-12f, and today is down to 55 (raced off 60 for that recent poor run at Southwell). If it can recapture its form from last year then 16/1 is a great price......

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.