Wolverhampton 28/03/08

4.00 This really is a shocking race but Bivouac caught my eye. I backed him on his last two runs of last season - finishing a good 2nd to John Dillon at Hamilton but then disappointing at short odds next time up. That pretty much sums up his career so far - very inconsistent. However I believe there is a race in him off his lowly mark. Perhaps I'm not the only one, as on his handicap debut last season (off 1lb lower) he was backed 11/1 into 4/1, finishing third. He ran ok on his reappearance over C&D and could beat this lot - take a look at the trainers in this race, hardly inspiring. The jockey booking of Robert Winston is encouraging as apart from stable jockey Dean McKeown he has ridden twice as many winners for the yard than any other jockey (28% S/R). Will be taking the best of the morning prices as he has been backed a few times. Bivouac 100% of stake I will be updating for the claimer (3.25) but having a closer look in the morning once the market forms - winner must come from Rockfield Lodge, Dhhamaan or Little Knickers.

Re: Wolverhampton 28/03/08 2.20 - Avontuur (9/2 Bet 365 BOG)- this one was a CD winner here two runs ago off 52, beating Music Box Express and the favs to land the race at 16/1 under todays jockey, M Geran. Unlike that race though, M Geran claims 7 today, so that can compensate for the increase in rating. Avontuur also placed on its last run, in a 20-strong field at Redcar. It led 2f out but got caught out in the final furlong apparently, so the drop back to 6f here should suit. 3.25 - Dhhamaan (13/8 Betfred)- looking to make it 2/2 for todays jockey and trainer is in good form at the minute too. Races off 80 today, and has won off that mark in two claimers in last two races, albeit at class 6 level (clas 5 here). Although Dhhamaan fared badly on last run here when finishing 4/8, that may be explained by the fact it was upped to class 4 and being a handicap, the selection probably faced stronger opponents than it does here? It had placed here on its only other career run at Wolverhampton last December (class 3). 4.35 - Morbick (7/2 Bet 365 BOG) - looking to make it 2/2 for todays jockey who destroyed a field here yesterday on Dodaa. Trip no problem and record over CD reads 112153 since the turn of the year. Perhaps it struggled of its rating in the last two runs, but is has the benefit of Hamblett taking off 5 lbs here. 5.10 - Valhillen (8/1 Bet 365 BOG)- I'm prepared to take on the favourites here with Valhillen, who has been holding its form well in recent months and is worth a punt at the price. Has won here over minimum trip before and races off a decent mark of 71, considering it was beaten by only 1l off the same mark at Lingfield in its last run and was denied by a shorter distance still off 70 when upped to class 4 here at the back end of February. Hopefully Patrick Hills, claiming the 5 lbs, can oblige. :hope:hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.