Best bet of the day 28/03

Newbury 2.40 Nov hcap chase Firstly, i was attracted to Hobbs' horse I'm Supreme as philip has won this race twice in the last 5 years & it gets in off a low weight. However looking at the trends of this race, in 8 years, it has been won by a 7-8yo on 7 of those occasions (6yo won last year). Rustarix is the interesting horse for me from Kings yard. 2nd 2L behind Gold medallist LTO was surely the best race it could run & runs off same mark of 123 here. Those horses carrying weight seem to do well in the race also.

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 8.50 Kempton 2m handicap, Class 5 with an expected 12 runners. The race revolves around the front 6 in the market and I'm going EW on one of these, albeit at a decent price. Opposable are top weight Lorikeet, who is raised again in mark despite failing to win and has 10st to carry and Coda Agency, another on quite a high mark. Preference is for: Best Selection (RPF 15/2) - Claimed out of the Alan Jarvis yard 2 starts ago for £15k and represents the Mongan combo tonight. This combo won a decent race the other week with a similar type (bits of form, dropped significantly in mark) in the shape of Medieval Maiden, a horse I backed. This horse has always struggled against the handicapper but is dropped 3lb tonight to a career low of 62. Is stepped up markedly to 2m for this run having plyed its trade over 1m4f career to date, which looks sure to suit based on some decent staying-on efforts over this track. Since moving to this stable, has had its sights set a little lower by racing in Class 6 which it faces again. Plenty of promise shown lto and the grade coupled with trip and mark could prove crucial here. Despite being a 2m race, has a good draw in box 10 and should get a decent early position here just off the pace. Fitness is guaranteed having raced just 2 weeks ago and this horse must have a great chance to open its account with conditions in its favour. Expect a price of around 8/1. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 3.50 Newbury - Balinova (win) has good solid form in each of it's three starts, has won over distance before, and is still weighted very generously, considering it has form of 211. Appointed jockey is obviously the stable jockey. so that is another plus. likes soft ground, but can also act on g/s, this is another plus as it seems the ground will favour the horse on the day. has good rapport with this rider; respectable second on reappearance and should go well.

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 N4.25 Motorway 1pt Win This will either crash and burn or could win easily hence a straight win bet. It was looking potentially a very nice horse when I backed it at Cheltenham a couple of years back but has had problems since. It's all down to whether the problems have been overcome but it would be a very nice price if back to form. Also has course form (2 wins here).

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 i have been positive bout the good form of emma lavelle all week and having poor runs off the 2 horses i sided for in my bet of the days. I am guna give it one more try today. With TALENTI in the 2.10 TALENTI - Is definetly the improving sort and would seem to be best suited by the 2m5 trip. Looking for the horses first win and this could be the time/place to do it. 15/1 with betfair. Back e/w and take the Price.

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 2.50 Saint Eric When ridden by Chiris Catlin 2 outings ago, the horse shaped as if the step up in trip would suit, LTO it ran over 1m 6f under an apprentice jockey and was given a shocker of a ride. Went in the notebook that day and looked one to follow. With a professional jockey back on board today, I expect a good run 5/1 WIN BET Please BH

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 Wolverhampton 2-20 Back Marko Jadeo. Avontuur needs a career best to win off this mark, and if Wicked Uncles mark gets any lower he'll have to be carried by the jockey :tongue2 The selection has run 7 times at Wolverhampton over 6 furlongs, in handicaps of class 5, 4, 5, 4, 4, and 3 and a seller, which he won quite comfortably. This is a class 6 basement job, he's off 65, and even though he's getting on a bit (who isn't) I think he's down to a level where he could win. I'll have 2 points win if that's allowed :unsure not studied the rules enough...

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 15.15 Newbury - Spring Dream (15.00 @ Stan James) 0.5pts E/W Probably going to be between Exmoor ranger and Pamak D'Airy for the win, however Spring dream looks like the best equiped outsider should the favourites struggle. Always produces its best form in soft ground, and I look to it performance last time out at Bangor, where it finished a creditable 2nd in grade 4 race on soft ground over a similar distance. Drops in weight, but steps up a little in class, will need to improve to make the places today... however trip & ground will suit and at 14/1 represents real value IMHO.

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 140 Nb : Navada Royale 1pt win Cant see this getting beaten in this sphere, actually recieves weight from one of his dangers. Connections think this could go the very top when goes back to chasing so should take care of these today.

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 3.40 Lingfield Canary Islands - win When I first glanced at this race last night (48hr decs are the best thing to happen to punters since betfair) I really like the look of Canary Islands. I thought he had been given an ok chance by the handicapper and with the yard in flying form I thought he would be the value in the race, I thought General Blucher would be favourite. Obviously I was surprised when I say him chalked up at 11/8 in the RPF tonight. I really thought they would be something like 9/4 joints. I think the forcast is a little stingy and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a little bigger come the race, he is already 13/8 on betfair. (last night) But despite that I think he must go close, he has been in my notebook since his 2nd run where he ran an encouraging race despite not being knocked about. His next run was even more encouraging finishing a fast finishing third to good thing Sundowner. Ideally I'd like to see him over further, his future clearly lies over 1m2f and more. However despite the negatives (trip/price) I don't want to let him go and will back him knowing that if he fails today, he'll repay me next time up. The yard have been in great form since his last run, two winners and a 2nd from three runners.

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 We've come to the time of month when us down the bottom of the table need a few big priced ones...........:nana 2.40.....Notabotheronme........0.5 points EW I keep looking at Hobb's 'second string', Notabotheronme, at 25/1........as an each way flutter.........:hope He's described as a big chasing type who's been running in hurdles, getting outpaced, then staying on again. The shape of today's race, 16 runners, few front runners, rain softened ground, stiff fences, long run-in..........I think the race might suit something coming late from way back........ OK, it's a long shot, but I need some points/pounds in the competition, no point going down thinking 'if only'..........:ok

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 5.20 Lingfield - Top Draw (rpf 3/1) -> LAY! Won a poor race lto and had the assistance of the champion jockey. This will be tough and I see some very good handicap things in the race. At least one will prove too good. Might sneak a place, but I can't see it winning. A lay is the bet for me here.

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03

N4.25 Motorway 1pt Win This will either crash and burn or could win easily hence a straight win bet. It was looking potentially a very nice horse when I backed it at Cheltenham a couple of years back but has had problems since. It's all down to whether the problems have been overcome but it would be a very nice price if back to form. Also has course form (2 wins here).
Won at 7/1 :ok Despite making a bit of a mess of the last, it stayed on well and may be worth keeping on the right side of especially if racing at Newbury or Cheltenham. Looks like the trainer has ironed out its problems after a year off. :)

Re: Best bet of the day 28/03 :clap awesome tipping Hoprock!

Won at 7/1 :ok Despite making a bit of a mess of the last, it stayed on well and may be worth keeping on the right side of especially if racing at Newbury or Cheltenham. Looks like the trainer has ironed out its problems after a year off. :)