Wolverhampton - 27/3/08

7.20 - Princess Cocoa & Blue Sky Thinking - reverse forecast. Going to have a dabble with a forecast with the two market leaders. Princess Cocoa is dropping in grade and won off 74 on its last here. Although it doesn't have the benefit of the claimers allowance, it has been doing well at C4 so could still go well even with the extra weight of Paul Hanagan. Blue Sky Thinking has fantastic form over CD which reads 21111, all of those have been claimers (raced in claimer here), with a win coming off 80 in April (Rated 74 today). 7.50 - Try Me - decent jockey booking and Clive Brittain is in fantastic form of late (another winner today at Lingfield). Brittain's form alone is convincing me to back this one at 9/2. In the 9.20 Gallantry should go well. A CD winner who has been holding its form well in recent races when upped in class and was beaten by only 1.25 by Atlantic Story LTO at Lingfield off 1 lb lower mark. Party Boss could rank the danger with trainer in fine form and it has dropped to a handy mark. 98 for this now, and won off 97 at Lingfield last year. I've done a single on Gallantry and a Party Boss-Gallantry forecast just incase!

Re: Wolverhampton - 27/3/08 6.50 Wolverhampton 6f, Class 5 handicap here with 11 runners expected to line up. Heading to the top weights for the bet here and going EW on one of the market principles in: Obe Royal (11/2 William Hill) - Big chance tonight for this horse. Drawn well in stall 3 although likes to be held up but should be able to settle early and get a decent early position although may need a little luck in running. Stable going reasonably well and is amongst the winners, whilst the jockey is excellent value for his 7lb claim. Races off same mark tonight as last few runs and is only 1lb above its last winning mark but comes here in good form and now with conditions to suit. Recent form figures of 2142143534 show how well it is holding its form, despite not always having its ideal conditions. Lto raced over 5f when staying on best of all and previous to that has been racing over 7f where, although staying on, is probably better at 6f. Has raced 3 times over 6f on the AW and results have been as follows: 1st of 8 off 69 over this course 4th of 8 off 71 at Kempton, only 1.5L off the winner 3rd of 12 off 70 at Kempton, 2L off the winner when having the worst of the draw. Looks a cracking EW bet to me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.