Lingfield 27/03

Re: Lingfield 27/03 3.00 I've had Best One on my mind as a future winner for some time. I backed him on his 2nd start this season where he was very unlucky. Hayley had a bit of a mare, having to switch left and right after failing to get a run, a result of deciding to go the rails route. He came with a wet sail to finish 4th beaten a length. He disappointed next time over the same C&D, running flat after being up with the pace. He was stepped up to a mile on his last start and tried to make all under Debra England. I thought he had the race won until very late on and he faded under a weak ride to finish 3rd. It's very hard to lead all the way around Lingfield, especially under a weak ride - also I don't think he stayed the mile as I remember having a chunk e/w on him last season at Ponty, the last time he was tried over the distance. He looked all over the winner 2 out that day, but just as I started working out my winnings he stopped dead - he finished 4th and I couldn't believe it. I'm convinced he wants shorter. I've been on the look out for him ever since as I think he is well handicapped so you can imagine my surprise when I saw him declared for a seller when I looked yesterday. He is the clear pick at the weights. He is dropped back two furlongs as this is over 6, but I don't think that will be a problem, his two best runs (3rd twice off 74 and 75 in two turf h'caps) were over this shorter trip. Obviously I agree with bowles above although I'm not sure he will lead. His best two runs, the ones mentioned above, come when he was held up over 6f - also in the run mentioned above where he was unlucky, he come from last. This may be hope more than anything as I'm not a fan of front runners around here. Punching goes off quite fast and that may lead for us. Talking of Punching, I thought he was a horse that would be dangerous when dropped to this level this season. However he hasn't really been given a chance with the weights and is winless from his first two selling attempts. That is also the case here (15lb wrong with Best One), but with the blinkers off, I'm having a small saver as I believe it is a matter of time before he does win a seller. Although it's more like to be at a track that will suit him better. A final note, Best One's trainer Clive Brittain has had 4 winners from his last 5 runners. Best One 90% of stake Punching 10% of stake

Re: Lingfield 27/03 4.05 Although not totally straight forward Music Box Express has ran some fair races this season since his maiden win and could figure in a race where I negatives for most of the runners. Dodaa has been running well in average races but he may be hindered here has he comes up against another trailblazer Triskaidekaphobia (42 runs, 7 win but winless here) - they could cut eachother's throats. Billy Red and Rocker don't look good enough at the moment and Kempsey wins every pancake day. Azygous is fancied but was last of 10 on his seasonal debut last year and 10th of 12 the year before. George The Second and Stoneacre Boy could be coming into form and I will risk a few combos with those and my selection Music Box Express. Music Box Express has been heavily backed on every one of his 5 starts this season; 11/4 to 9/4, 8/1 to 11/4, 4/1 to 7/4, and 2/1 to 13/8. So I'll be taking the morning price on betfair or the best price from the big three. He is currently 5.5 on betfair but the market hasn't really formed yet. Music Box Express 45% of stake E/W (hoping for around 5/1) Stoneacre Boy 10% of stake win (hoping for around 20/1)

Re: Lingfield 27/03 5.10 I thought Dream Of Fortune was interesting at Doncaster, although I quickly decided against as I thought the longer trip and ground would be against him. He ran a lot better than his 8th position suggests too, he travelled well, got tapped for a toe a bit and kept on again. Straight away I thought he'd be interesing when back over 10 furlongs. I didn't have to wait long. His first run last year was in probably the strongest dirt maiden of last season, he was 5th to Lucarno, multiple winners Boz and Look So well down the field. He wasn't disgraced in an ok Newmarket maiden next time up and as a result went off fav next time for a Lingfield maiden over a mile. He was given no chance at all that day by Daryll Holland although he did run on from a mile back to finish an 11l 4th. Myself and many obviously made him a good thing on his handicap debut off and attractive 65 last October of 10f here. He went off quite short and looked as if he was going to cruise home, however he had to be driven out to win by under a length. He is only off 70 today and although he has changed hands from Noseda to Quinlan I see no evidence of him losing any ability. The run Saturday should put him spot on, he is back to his winning C&D, and the first time blinkers may be what he wants. I'll have a saver on the only other improver in the race Compton Falcon, Gerard Butler last two runners here have ran well and it should be a price. Dream Of Fortune 90% of stake win Compton Falcom 10% of stake win

Re: Lingfield 27/03 The 2.30 looks to be between Home and Bridge of Fermoy. Bridge of Fermoy has beaten Home twice already, with both wins coming over a mile, but is unproven over the 10f raced today. Bridge of Fermoy also has to prove himself of todays mark of 73 - won off 66 before but beaten 4 lengths off 75 LTO. Home runs of the same mark as when successful at Southwell over 11f latest, so trip shouldn't be a worry, but has 6 lengths to find with Bridge of Fermoy from their last encounter. Today, home receives 3lb from his rival. I've done a reverse forecast on the two. The 3.00 looks a tricky little affair. With Clive Brittain in great form I can understand why people will be backing Best One and some of the guys above make a convincing argument for it. I'm going to try my luck with minimum stakes on Monashee Prince (11/2 VC Bet)though, purely because Best One is a maiden and I don't want to lump in on something as short as 11/8. Jim Crowley's mount finished 4th here over this trip recently but was only 0.62 l off the winner. In the 4.05 I fancy bottom weight Dodaa (4/1 BOG) to go well. Was a CD winner two runs ago off 52. 56 for this so will have to improve but the selection is 4/7 when partnered with Hamblett, who rides again today and claims 5lb. In the same race I also fancy George the Second (10/1 BOG)to place. George the Second is dropping to an attractive mark. It is now 65 for this, and notched up a win and a 2nd place of the same mark last June. In the 4.40 I think Zazous (7/1 Betfred) could go well. it is upped to class 5 for this and has mainly been racing at C6 or C7, but the market leaders Joy and Pain and Double Valentine have only been winning at C6 too. Zazous races off 55 today and has been denied by less than a neck the last two times it has run off that mark. The trip and distance pose no problem and the horse has previously won here.

Re: Lingfield 27/03 3.00 - NIGHT PROSPECTOR Running off a mark of 63 today, was running off 65 when second to MARKO JADEO first try with Alan Munro riding. MARKO JADEO is now a non runner, however Night Prospector should have turned form around anyway. This only third run back from six months off should be back to full fitness now. Trainer in good form & Alan Munro only here for 2 rides. 4.05 - AZYGOUS Signs his lower mark going to bear fruit when sound second over C&D in November; ran only once more the following month Alan Munro back in the saddle, 3-7 on him. J Akehurst is the only trainer in this race in any sort of form, & as above Munro in the saddle is a massive positive.

Re: Lingfield 27/03

3.00 I've had Best One on my mind as a future winner for some time. I backed him on his 2nd start this season where he was very unlucky. Hayley had a bit of a mare, having to switch left and right after failing to get a run, a result of deciding to go the rails route. He came with a wet sail to finish 4th beaten a length. He disappointed next time over the same C&D, running flat after being up with the pace. He was stepped up to a mile on his last start and tried to make all under Debra England. I thought he had the race won until very late on and he faded under a weak ride to finish 3rd. It's very hard to lead all the way around Lingfield, especially under a weak ride - also I don't think he stayed the mile as I remember having a chunk e/w on him last season at Ponty, the last time he was tried over the distance. He looked all over the winner 2 out that day, but just as I started working out my winnings he stopped dead - he finished 4th and I couldn't believe it. I'm convinced he wants shorter. I've been on the look out for him ever since as I think he is well handicapped so you can imagine my surprise when I saw him declared for a seller when I looked yesterday. He is the clear pick at the weights. He is dropped back two furlongs as this is over 6, but I don't think that will be a problem, his two best runs (3rd twice off 74 and 75 in two turf h'caps) were over this shorter trip. Obviously I agree with bowles above although I'm not sure he will lead. His best two runs, the ones mentioned above, come when he was held up over 6f - also in the run mentioned above where he was unlucky, he come from last. This may be hope more than anything as I'm not a fan of front runners around here. Punching goes off quite fast and that may lead for us. Talking of Punching, I thought he was a horse that would be dangerous when dropped to this level this season. However he hasn't really been given a chance with the weights and is winless from his first two selling attempts. That is also the case here (15lb wrong with Best One), but with the blinkers off, I'm having a small saver as I believe it is a matter of time before he does win a seller. Although it's more like to be at a track that will suit him better. A final note, Best One's trainer Clive Brittain has had 4 winners from his last 5 runners. Best One 90% of stake Punching 10% of stake
3.00 Lingfield BEST ONE Dropped into selling class for the 1st time & noticably down in trip to 6f after trying 7f & even 8f on latest outing. There is not much to beat here & given a lead may be difficult to catch under top jock Seb Sanders.
Cracking stuff guys :clap:clap

The 2.30 looks to be between Home and Bridge of Fermoy. Bridge of Fermoy has beaten Home twice already, with both wins coming over a mile, but is unproven over the 10f raced today. Bridge of Fermoy also has to prove himself of todays mark of 73 - won off 66 before but beaten 4 lengths off 75 LTO. Home runs of the same mark as when successful at Southwell over 11f latest, so trip shouldn't be a worry, but has 6 lengths to find with Bridge of Fermoy from their last encounter. Today, home receives 3lb from his rival. I've done a reverse forecast on the two. The 3.00 looks a tricky little affair. With Clive Brittain in great form I can understand why people will be backing Best One and some of the guys above make a convincing argument for it. I'm going to try my luck with minimum stakes on Monashee Prince (11/2 VC Bet)though, purely because Best One is a maiden and I don't want to lump in on something as short as 11/8. Jim Crowley's mount finished 4th here over this trip recently but was only 0.62 l off the winner. In the 4.05 I fancy bottom weight Dodaa (4/1 BOG) to go well. Was a CD winner two runs ago off 52. 56 for this so will have to improve but the selection is 4/7 when partnered with Hamblett, who rides again today and claims 5lb. In the same race I also fancy George the Second (10/1 BOG)to place. George the Second is dropping to an attractive mark. It is now 65 for this, and notched up a win and a 2nd place of the same mark last June. In the 4.40 I think Zazous (7/1 Betfred) could go well. it is upped to class 5 for this and has mainly been racing at C6 or C7, but the market leaders Joy and Pain and Double Valentine have only been winning at C6 too. Zazous races off 55 today and has been denied by less than a neck the last two times it has run off that mark. The trip and distance pose no problem and the horse has previously won here.
Cracking stuff mate, fcast in the 1st and an easy winner in Dodaa :clap:clap

Re: Lingfield 27/03 Fair play to you both. I'll be on Clive Brittain's at Wolv tonight now. The forecast for Bridge of Fermoy and Home came off as predicted and Dodaa has just romped home so I'm still happy with those winners. Disappointed with George the Second though.

did anyone see the 4.40? Just looking through the results on Sporting Life. The top 5 look to have finished really close. Could Catlin have done any better on Zazous?
Well he had to be niggled after a couple of furlongs to hold his middle position, he was never on the bridle after that. He finally started to run on approaching the furlong marker. He gave it everything to be fair and done well to get that close. Unfortunately he had no choice but to challenge on the inside of the winner, had he come with a wider run he would've got up. Well done with the two winners - I should've backed Bridge of Fermoy myself. Cheers all btw, little disappointed with the price of Best One and with my 12/1 2nd in the last, my third in three days - just not clicking at the minute.

Well he had to be niggled after a couple of furlongs to hold his middle position, he was never on the bridle after that. He finally started to run on approaching the furlong marker. He gave it everything to be fair and done well to get that close. Unfortunately he had no choice but to challenge on the inside of the winner, had he come with a wider run he would've got up. Well done with the two winners - I should've backed Bridge of Fermoy myself. Cheers all btw, little disappointed with the price of Best One and with my 12/1 2nd in the last, my third in three days - just not clicking at the minute.
Cheers. Keep plugging away, I'm sure they'll pick up for you if you've been coming so close.