** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Simple Massey System for the patient

This is a system I have been using since October 2006 but monitoring a lot longer. The rules are very simple and use Adrian Masseys old ratings as opposed to his new ones. 1. Top rated horses that are 100+ clear of second rated. It's the figures in brackets. 2. More than half the field must be rated. 3. Odds range 10/11 - 3/1 inclusive. This year there have been 37 qualifiers (like I said it's for the patient). 18 winners (45% SR which is consistent). 10.3 points profit at SP for a ROI of 45%. Longest losing run this year is 7 but I had 8 once before. I personally stake 7.5% of my bank on these and will record results based on that. It allows for a run of 13 losers before the bank blows out. That's given me a profit of 234 points since I started. Remember it's the old ratings not the new ones!!! Anyone can feel free to post these up if I don't get around to it. Rooster Wednesday 26 March 2008 No qualifiers

Re: Simple Massey System for the patient Hi Rooster....... I'm just wondering if you know what the difference is between Massey's old and new ratings..........I've looked at them both......... Are they done on different form ratings ? Are the 'old' ones more reliable in some way than the new ones ? Just wondering why you prefer the old ones.........:)

Re: Simple Massey System for the patient

Hi Rooster....... I'm just wondering if you know what the difference is between Massey's old and new ratings..........I've looked at them both......... Are they done on different form ratings ? Are the 'old' ones more reliable in some way than the new ones ? Just wondering why you prefer the old ones.........:)
Hi Trotter, I'm just used to old ones I suppose. In terms of these 100+ horses the old ratings throw up more and they are more consistent than the 100+ on the new ratings. I don't know how he does them differently. Rooster

Hi Rooster, I was wondering how far you have back dated this? I see that Masseys ratings go back many years, do you know how to export the Massey text into Excel?
I have backdated this to the very start f his ratings. To import to excel I go to 'tools' - 'get external data' - 'new database query' and that imports for me. Maybe one of the tech heads on here can explain better :) Rooster

Re: Simple Massey System for the patient Thanks Rooster. I've just found that you can run off system checks on Masseys site, looks like it only goes back 3 years though. That said, just running off a quick test report shows that there is a positive return. Will follow this one carefully, thanks for posting.

Thanks Rooster. I've just found that you can run off system checks on Masseys site, looks like it only goes back 3 years though. That said, just running off a quick test report shows that there is a positive return. Will follow this one carefully, thanks for posting.
It's a pleasure sir. I'm here to serve :ok

Re: Simple Massey System for the patient Quick question Rooster, how you you know the SP before the off? Are you betting literally seconds before the off. For example Sir Tantallus Hawk was trading at odds against for most of the pre-race show, then the price came in to 10/11, but it went off at 5/6. It looks like it will be hard to make sure you pick horses based on that criteria.

Quick question Rooster' date=' how you you know the SP before the off? Are you betting literally seconds before the off. For example Sir Tantallus Hawk was trading at odds against for most of the pre-race show, then the price came in to 10/11, but it went off at 5/6. It looks like it will be hard to make sure you pick horses based on that criteria.[/quote'] Valid point mate and there is no easy answer and from time to time I have been caught out betting at lower than 10/11. Once it's not a sprint you often lay it off but this is not an exact science all th time :) Rooster

Re: Simple Massey System for the patient The first qualifier and a winner :ok Thursday 3 April 2008 515 TAUNTON SHEPHERDS HUT NR 540 LEICESTER THE OSTEOPATH W 2/1F Betting 7.5% of 100 point bank Bank: 115.00 No. of bets: 1 Winners: 1 SR: 100%

Re: Simple Massey System for the patient The second qualifying bet is also a winner. Nice start for a change :D and seriously people who bet on 1/12 shots deserve a kick in the bum from time to time. 1/12 I ask you! Monday 7 April 2008 250 PLUM SIR HARRY ORMESHER 2ND 1/12F 540 PLUM PRESENT M'LORD W 5/2 Betting 7.5% of 100 point bank Bank: 133.75 No. of bets: 2 Winners: 2 SR: 100%