Doncaster 22/3/08

Not sure what to expect tomorrow as there is no recent form to go by and all of the races have large fields. There has also been a lot of talk surrounding the draw now the track has been relaid. Who is everyone on then? My tentative choices are.... 2.50 – Ella Woodcock - beaten by a neck over distance on last run here. Rattled up a hat-trick last season in lower class races and followed up with two placed efforts straight after as rating shot up from 65 to 83 (now 88). Got something to prove upped in class for this and perhaps draw could have been better (stall 6)? At around 20/1 I'll keep my fingers crossed for a place though 3.25 – Tax Free – did well for sprint king Dandy Nicholls last season, picking up two group 3 races and a listed race. Done well over 5f or 6f and versatile with regards to ground. Hoping for a place for this one, currently around 11.0 on Betfair. 4.00 – Vitznau – the big race of the day and the one that caught my eye was Vitznau, who goes well fresh (1st and a 2nd after 60+ day breaks) and will not be inconvenienced by any overnight rain. Was a close 2nd to Damika off 84 (87 tomorrow) at the end of last season in a big field race so the large field would not appear to be a problem. Only proven up to 7f and maybe could have been better drawn, but again hoping for a place. 5.10 – Suits Me – CD winner last season off 75 and then went on to win subsequent race at Ayr on heavy ground – so any rain will not be of concern. Drawn low in stall 2 which may also be a plus. I don't have a massive amount of confidence in any of these though, and will be interested to see who the big hitters on here are siding with..........

Re: Doncaster 22/3/08 Will get a racing post in the morning, see if the ground has changed as I expect plenty of rain and maybe even snow overnight and expect it to be on the soft side tomorrow. Not had a proper look at any of the races but just skimming through the card I thought this isn't going to be easy tomorrow. :wall I'll be there at Donny but won't be placing much cash on horses without form or a recent run, more of a watching brief and getting a few for the notebook. Might see some of you there. :ok I'll have more of a thorough look tonight and in the morning and post up a few speculative selections.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.