Trainers misleading Punters?

I realise I may be talking out of my pocket here but here it goes.... I log into betfair tonight to check the prices for the Grand National after the latest declarations stage and find out that one of my ante-post fancies "Parsons Legacy" is no longer listed and hasnt made the cut today. This is exactly 1 week after reading in the RFO trainer file from Philip Hobbs that he has been pulled out of both the Kim Muir and William Hill Chase at Cheltenham so he can be aimed solely at the National. Upon reading this, I back him some more. The horse has subsequently been backed down from 32.0 to 24.0 over the last couple of days only for him to be withdrawn today. The horse looked to have the perfect profile for the race - fitted all the historic trends, had the stamina,, had the class, was the right age and had a great weight. So why the fcuk has he been pulled out? Unless he's injured do I smell a rat or am I talking out of my pocket?

Re: Trainers misleading Punters? Seems like a few of Hobbs' went out including Boychuk who looked to have ran an almost exact Slim Pickings style National trial at Cheltenham in the Racing Post Plate last week. It does seem slightly strange to me that so many of his were withdrawn. Perhaps an admin error as it is unlike the media friendly Hobbs to miselad punters so to speak and for all his horses to go does seem slightly unusual. Aiden O Brien on the other hand.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.