Greyhound System helpers required

Re: Greyhound System helpers required the rules i have been adopting with this system: if there are two equal high numbers at the result there is no bet if the odds to lay are above 8.0 there is no bet if there are no 3 equal distances in the last 5 races we do not calculate that race if in the last five one is a time trial at the same distance we miss this out and use the next in line use the same races for calculating finishing times and finishing positions omitting the time trial i have added finishing times to the spreadsheet still reading the instructions to add some other more complicated formulas :( but please i advise you to paper trade until i have done tinkering and released some positive full results i would hate to be the one who costs you any hard earned cash i personally only use £2 stakes anyway but it does give me a realistic profit/loss to follow on a daily basis when i get a day to actually do every race still wanting peeps to take a race meeting on over a couple of days using the system so we can compare results and publish maybe with the spreadsheet making it easier we may get a few wanting to jump in you never know i use a laptop next to my monitor with the racing post website on it to make it easier for filling in the spreadsheet but the paper is just as easy if you do it in the morning but with using this spreadsheet i have managed to keep up with each race as it runs well the last 5 anyway in between playing around with the sheet and they all won or should i say lost :)

Re: Greyhound System helpers required Bunny I've just done the 10.13 Romford and went the other way as i like going for winners so the lowest trap was 5 its score was 4 the next best was trap3 with 9 so trap 5 would have been the choice being 5 points clear and wins @5/1 i changed 1 or 2 of the inputs like going for the same trap will try again tomorrow and see what transpires will let you know GM

Re: Greyhound System helpers required you must be doing something right because didnt get that calculation i got the lowest trap 5 but at 5 and it dosnt work unless your adjustments help i have had a few come in reversing but not very many with the lay side i lose 1 maybe 2 a day :eek the lay for that race where joint 1-4-6 with the lowest trap 5 something i am trying is if i get more than 1 lay result i remove the finish position times then that race would have been for me lay trap 6 with 5 still coming in with the lowest points and a probable winner when i do the calculations i dont take into account trial times my results for that race where as follows: with finish position data included 13-10-8-13-5-13 in trap order so i removed the finish position data as in the first second third and i got 9-9-6-8-5-11 so i took trap 6 as a clear layer and if i was a few quid up i would have dutched 2-3-5 thats how i do it anyway:ok

Re: Greyhound System helpers required hi yes made good profit to £2 stakes got stung once the other 2 where over 8 so i dint get a bet on them also missed the first at romford doh logged all my results crayford was a bad meeting anyway should have realised due to the amount of no bets the system threw up but crayford total winnings £12.00 1 loser -£5.64 profit £6.36 romford total winnings £26.00 losers 0 profit £26.00 total profit on the day to £2 stakes £32.36 not bad

Re: Greyhound System helpers required Bunny with a bit more fine tuning you may be able to up that quite a lot could it be only certain grades are better than others or distances no doubt your allready looking into that still a profit is a profit keep up the good work GM

Re: Greyhound System helpers required

Regarding the note on the other post about bitches returning from seasonal rest. They take 16 to 20 weeks to get back to top form, from the time they go into season. I had my eyes open for two bitches for nearly a fortnight as they were due to approach their peak. Beechwood Velvet and Heskeys Noelene, one at Newcastle and the other at Nottingham. They both won last week, one at 7/2, the other at 9/4. I was working at Cheltenham and missed them both. :sad
Sorry to hijack a thread slightly, but I've always been interested to hear people talk about bitches coming back from seasons, but have never been able to find a resource that gives season dates, or expected dates. I've tried to guesstimate when a bitch hasn't run for a few weeks, but this is not always down to seasons. Is there anywhere that gives the info? Oh, and bunnychaser, I think you've got a good idea going here! A little similar to something I tried on paper a while ago.

Re: Greyhound System helpers required i am continually trying to narrow down the selections and fine tune certain areas here are my selections for today with a few tweaks to the system crayford 11.37 t3 romford 12.33 t5 crayford 12.57 t4 crayford 13.44 t2 newcastle 14.24 t4 sittingbourne 19.06 t5 monmore 19.42 t4 monmore 20.13 t6 romford 21.04 t1 walthamstow 21.07 t5 romford 22.40 t6 i am going with £5 lays on each selection must be below 8.0 paper trading fingers crossed

Re: Greyhound System helpers required i havnt even checked the results but i have alot of faith in this system the whole idea of this thread was to get help go to page one initial thread and i havnt had an ounce of anybody so i am closing the thread i will continue with my system and will not be wasting my time supplying freeloaders with selections or software this is the systems thread not the selections so unless someone out there wants to help develop i will do this alone as i have since i started the damn thing wish ide never bothered now :@

Re: Greyhound System helpers required

Sorry to hijack a thread slightly' date=' but I've always been interested to hear people talk about bitches coming back from seasons, but have never been able to find a resource that gives season dates, or expected dates. I've tried to guesstimate when a bitch hasn't run for a few weeks, but this is not always down to seasons. Is there anywhere that gives the info? [/quote'] On the racing Post Greyhound cards. Bring up a race, and click on the dogs name. This brings up the full form, not just the last 5 or 6 races. At the top it will say if it's a dog or a bitch. Under G.R.A. rules these days a bitch need only be off the track for 3 weeks when in season, when it used to be a lot longer under the old rules. Look back down the form for gaps of at least 3 weeks, with no races or trials. This would indicate season dates (or possiby an injury) From the date the bitch last ran in a race, count 16 weeks, and wait for her to to get to the that week before backing her. She may well win before the 16th week, but that could be more by luck in running than ability. Once bitches run into form they generally hold it longer than dogs. For some reason, bitches generally make better stayers than dogs. A downgraded bitch in a 6 bender against 5 dogs is worth looking at.