** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Strikers on form - 1st Goal

I`m going away for the weekend tomorrow straight from work so will post this now. (Im assuming they all start!! No time for team news) I'm just seeing if there is any money to be made with backing strikers who are on a bit of form to score first in there respective games. The stikers I pick will play for teams I expect to score first (OBVIOUSLY!!) not neccessarilly to win the game!! For saturday I`m looking at - Jermaine Defoe 6/1 - Has scored in 4 of his 5 games for Pompey including scoring 1st in his last 2 home games. Villa have also conceded 1st 12 times in the league. Kevin Phillips 9/2 - Had another great season and scored 1st in the last 2 league games. Leicester have conceded 1st 18 times in the league this season. Aaron McLean 4/1 - Great seaon again and he`s scored in his last 2 and scored 1st last time out. Notts County have conceded first 19 times in the league this season. Andy Bisop 5/1 - Great season again especially lately. Scored 6 in his last 3 with 2 each game. Wrexham have conceded 1st 19 times in the league this season. Might be a long shot but this is a glory hunt after all!! Forgot to put in these will all be in a lucky15 each - way. 16p lucky15 each-way = £4.80 Acca = £0.20p just to round it up to a nice number.

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal

I`m going away for the weekend tomorrow straight from work so will post this now. (Im assuming they all start!! No time for team news) I'm just seeing if there is any money to be made with backing strikers who are on a bit of form to score first in there respective games. The stikers I pick will play for teams I expect to score first (OBVIOUSLY!!) not neccessarilly to win the game!! For saturday I`m looking at - Jermaine Defoe 6/1:nana - Has scored in 4 of his 5 games for Pompey including scoring 1st in his last 2 home games. Villa have also conceded 1st 12 times in the league. Kevin Phillips 9/2:@ - Had another great season and scored 1st in the last 2 league games. Leicester have conceded 1st 18 times in the league this season. Aaron McLean 4/1:@ - Great seaon again and he`s scored in his last 2 and scored 1st last time out. Notts County have conceded first 19 times in the league this season. Andy Bisop 5/1:@ - Great season again especially lately. Scored 6 in his last 3 with 2 each game. Wrexham have conceded 1st 19 times in the league this season. Might be a long shot but this is a glory hunt after all!! Forgot to put in these will all be in a lucky15 each - way. 16p lucky15 each-way = £4.80 Acca = £0.20p just to round it up to a nice number.
£5.00 staked £3.52 RETURNED -£1.48 OVERALL

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal Was going to wait for the weekend but what the hell: Mickael Forsell 7/1 - Not in the greatest form but with a hat-trick last time out at home his confidence should be quite high I would think. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 9/2 - Scored 4 in his last 4 including scoring first in two of these games. Fraizer Campbell 13/2 - Goals have dried up slightly but has scored the first goal 3 times in the last 6 games including last time out. Wayne Rooney -7/2 - Not in the best goal scoring form but last season he destroyed Bolton almost single handedly scoring 6 times in the two meeting. These are all the midweek games against Newcastle, Scunny, Colchester and Bolton. 16p Lucky 15 each-way = £4.80 10p each-way acca to round it up to = £5.00

Was going to wait for the weekend but what the hell: Mickael Forsell 7/1:spank - Not in the greatest form but with a hat-trick last time out at home his confidence should be quite high I would think. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 9/2:spank - Scored 4 in his last 4 including scoring first in two of these games. Fraizer Campbell 13/2:nana - Goals have dried up slightly but has scored the first goal 3 times in the last 6 games including last time out. Wayne Rooney -7/2:hope - Not in the best goal scoring form but last season he destroyed Bolton almost single handedly scoring 6 times in the two meeting. These are all the midweek games against Newcastle, Scunny, Colchester and Bolton. 16p Lucky 15 each-way = £4.80 10p each-way acca to round it up to = £5.00
:hope for tomorrow Not a great start to this hunt but :hope on Rooney tomorrow which should give me slight profit.

Was going to wait for the weekend but what the hell: Mickael Forsell 7/1 :spank- Not in the greatest form but with a hat-trick last time out at home his confidence should be quite high I would think. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 9/2:spank - Scored 4 in his last 4 including scoring first in two of these games. Fraizer Campbell 13/2:nana - Goals have dried up slightly but has scored the first goal 3 times in the last 6 games including last time out. Wayne Rooney -7/2:spank - Not in the best goal scoring form but last season he destroyed Bolton almost single handedly scoring 6 times in the two meeting. These are all the midweek games against Newcastle, Scunny, Colchester and Bolton. 16p Lucky 15 each-way = £4.80 10p each-way acca to round it up to = £5.00
Not a great start in the first week but theres always the weekend!! Total Staked - £10.00 Total Returned - £7.09 - £2.91

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal Another go!!! Michael Owen 9/2 - Admittedly not in good form but the goal against Brum should have sorted him out abit after the sitters he missed against Blackburn. Scored 3 times since Kevs return scoring first twice. I just expect Newcastle to create chances. Jamie Cureton 5/1 - Another one struggling for goals like Norwich are but he has scored their last 3. Against a struggling Colchester and against he's old club I can see norwich creating chances. Christiano Ronaldo 4/1 - No real need for explanation but has scored 4 in 4 and first in last 2 games. Nicky Forster 5/1 - Scored 5 in the last 6 including scoring in each of the last 3. Changed the staking a little - 15p lucky15 each way 12p 4 trebles Total stake £4.98

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal I'm gonna join you with this. Newcastle surely must beat Fulham & there doesn't seem to be too many candidates for first goal. Cureton is a good bet because of 'former player syndrome'.Ronaldo & Forster are both on fire. Good Luck Mate!

Another go!!! Michael Owen 9/2 :nana- Admittedly not in good form but the goal against Brum should have sorted him out abit after the sitters he missed against Blackburn. Scored 3 times since Kevs return scoring first twice. I just expect Newcastle to create chances. Jamie Cureton 5/1:nana - Another one struggling for goals like Norwich are but he has scored their last 3. Against a struggling Colchester and against he's old club I can see norwich creating chances. Christiano Ronaldo 4/1 :nana- No real need for explanation but has scored 4 in 4 and first in last 2 games. Nicky Forster 5/1:nana - Scored 5 in the last 6 including scoring in each of the last 3. Changed the staking a little - 15p lucky15 each way 12p 4 trebles Total stake £4.98
Just a shame none of them were first!! I didn`t cover my trebles each way:cry either but still a win end of the day!! 14.98 Staked 30.47 Returned + 15.49

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal Well another shot at it hopefully they`ll score first this time!! Chris Greenacre 11/2 - Crunch game for Tranmere here and this is normally a tight game. Greenacre has scored in his last 3 games including first for the last 2 games. Scored first 6 times this season. Danny Graham 11/2 - Another crunch game here. Graham has scored 6 in his lat 10 including scoring first 4 times including last time out. Scored first 7 times this season. Jason Scotland 7/2 - Fantastic season for Scotland and with 9 goals in his last 10 is on fire scoring first in 4 of these including last time out. Scored first 8 times this season. Aaron Maclean 4/1 - Another striker who`s had a great season. Not scored in his last 2 but had scored 9 in 12 before theses games. Scoring first twice. Scored first 5 times this season. 16p Lucky15 each-way = 4.80 12p trebles - 4 each-way = 0.96 12p each-way acca = 0.24 Total stake = 6.00:hope

Well another shot at it hopefully they`ll score first this time!! Chris Greenacre 11/2:spank - Crunch game for Tranmere here and this is normally a tight game. Greenacre has scored in his last 3 games including first for the last 2 games. Scored first 6 times this season. Danny Graham 11/2 :spank- Another crunch game here. Graham has scored 6 in his lat 10 including scoring first 4 times including last time out. Scored first 7 times this season. Jason Scotland 7/2 :clap- Fantastic season for Scotland and with 9 goals in his last 10 is on fire scoring first in 4 of these including last time out. Scored first 8 times this season. Aaron Maclean 4/1:spank - Another striker who`s had a great season. Not scored in his last 2 but had scored 9 in 12 before theses games. Scoring first twice. Scored first 5 times this season. 16p Lucky15 each-way = 4.80 12p trebles - 4 each-way = 0.96 12p each-way acca = 0.24 Total stake = 6.00:hope
Bit of a shocker only Scotland got the each-way goal for a 35p return!!! It could have been different though with Danny Graham hitting the post early on and Maclean missing a sitter apparently. Total Staked = 21.98 Total Returned = 30.82 + 8.84

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal This week:- Jermaine Defoe - Scored in all of home games and first in the last 3. Kevin Phillips - Scored 3 in 4 and scored first twice in this run. Expect West Brom to bag a few today. Lee Boylan - (Cambridge) Not scored in 2 but scored 7 in 5 before that scoring first for 4 games running. Billy Sharp - Took a while to get going but has scored first in the last 3. 16p lucky15 = 4.80 each way Trebles 4 bets = 92p each way Acca = 24p each way 6.00 Total stake

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal Only just noticed this thread as I'm new to the forum I did originally post in the strategies section so hopefully one of the mods can move it to here. I've been trying first goalscorer lucky 15 for past few weeks and regularly getting 2/4 success. I'm convinced I can get 100% strike rate soon. Like yourself I'm choosing strikers that are in form and high up on the goal scoring charts. This weekend I did Scotland, Beckford Ronaldo, Mclean. Once again 2/4 success Midweek I'm going for champions league games, my selections are Ronaldo 6/1 Drogba 5/1 Adebayor 5/1 and E'to 5/1 with ladbrokes Normally i do £1 lucky 15 so when a 4/4 comes in its happy days and I can slowly increase my stakes. Only advice I can give is to leave bet as late as possible before placing so it gives you time to check the team news for each particular game. I've nearly been caught out a couple of times with players starting on the bench. If you've got any advice or tips on this kind of bet then any help would be appreciated

This week:- Jermaine Defoe :nana- Scored in all of home games and first in the last 3. Kevin Phillips:clap placed - Scored 3 in 4 and scored first twice in this run. Expect West Brom to bag a few today. Lee Boylan :spank void- (Cambridge) Not scored in 2 but scored 7 in 5 before that scoring first for 4 games running. Billy Sharp :spank- Took a while to get going but has scored first in the last 3. 16p lucky15 = 4.80 each way Trebles 4 bets = 92p each way Acca = 24p each way 6.00 Total stake
£6.20 returned so 20p profit!!!!!!! Staked £27.98 Returned £37.02 + £9.04 Still in profit!! Not by much but still profit!!

Only just noticed this thread as I'm new to the forum I did originally post in the strategies section so hopefully one of the mods can move it to here. I've been trying first goalscorer lucky 15 for past few weeks and regularly getting 2/4 success. I'm convinced I can get 100% strike rate soon. Like yourself I'm choosing strikers that are in form and high up on the goal scoring charts. This weekend I did Scotland, Beckford Ronaldo, Mclean. Once again 2/4 success Midweek I'm going for champions league games, my selections are Ronaldo 6/1 Drogba 5/1 Adebayor 5/1 and E'to 5/1 with ladbrokes Normally i do £1 lucky 15 so when a 4/4 comes in its happy days and I can slowly increase my stakes. Only advice I can give is to leave bet as late as possible before placing so it gives you time to check the team news for each particular game. I've nearly been caught out a couple of times with players starting on the bench. If you've got any advice or tips on this kind of bet then any help would be appreciated
Sometimes I cant wait till the team news but I know what you mean because the Lee boylan bet was void!! 1 week I have managed to get 4/4 but none of the swines scored first!! I`m just using small stakes at the mo but I think it could be a profitable system if I could just get the selections right. Some of the selections I pick score first the week after which is a bit :puke. If you have any tips tho mate just post them and i`ll do the same!!

Only just noticed this thread as I'm new to the forum I did originally post in the strategies section so hopefully one of the mods can move it to here. I've been trying first goalscorer lucky 15 for past few weeks and regularly getting 2/4 success. I'm convinced I can get 100% strike rate soon. Like yourself I'm choosing strikers that are in form and high up on the goal scoring charts. This weekend I did Scotland, Beckford Ronaldo, Mclean. Once again 2/4 success Midweek I'm going for champions league games, my selections are Ronaldo 6/1 Drogba 5/1 Adebayor 5/1 and E'to 5/1 with ladbrokes Normally i do £1 lucky 15 so when a 4/4 comes in its happy days and I can slowly increase my stakes. Only advice I can give is to leave bet as late as possible before placing so it gives you time to check the team news for each particular game. I've nearly been caught out a couple of times with players starting on the bench. If you've got any advice or tips on this kind of bet then any help would be appreciated
:clap 2/4 again mate so you you should ave got a decent return!!

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal Cheers mate....will try again this weekend same system and fingers crossed again hopeful for the big 1. £1 lucky 15 first goalscorer Graham (Carlisle) 4/1 Beckford (Leeds) 11/2 Scotland (Swansea) 7/2 Niculae (Inverness CT) 4/1 (This one's bit of a gamble but Inverness are playing Gretna who look doomed and Niculae is top scorer for Cally Thistle) All prices are with laddies if all correct should pay roughly £1450 (Not worked it out yet though) :hope

Re: Strikers on form - 1st Goal This week going for :- Lyseden Christie - Kidderminster 4/1 - Scored 8 in 8 including 1st last time out and 3 in the last 4. Billy Sharp - Sheff Utd 5/1 - Scored 3 in 4 and scored 1st in 3 of them. Nicky Forster - Brighton 3/1 - Scored 7 in 7 before the last 2 creditable 0-0 draws. Michael Owen - Newcastle 9/2 - Scored in the last 3 and 5 in the last 8. 16p lucky15 E/W = 4.80 10p acca E/W = 0.20 :hope

This week going for :- Lyseden Christie - Kidderminster 4/1 - Scored 8 in 8 including 1st last time out and 3 in the last 4. Billy Sharp - Sheff Utd 5/1 - Scored 3 in 4 and scored 1st in 3 of them. Nicky Forster - Brighton 3/1 - Scored 7 in 7 before the last 2 creditable 0-0 draws. Michael Owen - Newcastle 9/2 - Scored in the last 3 and 5 in the last 8. 16p lucky15 E/W = 4.80 10p acca E/W = 0.20 :hope
Nice selections there mate i'll keep an eye out Good Luck

This week going for :- Lyseden Christie - Kidderminster 4/1 - Scored 8 in 8 including 1st last time out and 3 in the last 4. Billy Sharp - Sheff Utd 5/1 - Scored 3 in 4 and scored 1st in 3 of them. Nicky Forster - Brighton 3/1 - Scored 7 in 7 before the last 2 creditable 0-0 draws. Michael Owen - Newcastle 9/2 - Scored in the last 3 and 5 in the last 8. 16p lucky15 E/W = 4.80 10p acca E/W = 0.20 :hope
Nice selections there mate I'll keep an eye out Good Luck

Cheers mate....will try again this weekend same system and fingers crossed again hopeful for the big 1. £1 lucky 15 first goalscorer Graham (Carlisle) 4/1 Beckford (Leeds) 11/2 Scotland (Swansea) 7/2 Niculae (Inverness CT) 4/1 (This one's bit of a gamble but Inverness are playing Gretna who look doomed and Niculae is top scorer for Cally Thistle) All prices are with laddies if all correct should pay roughly £1450 (Not worked it out yet though) :hope
Good picks aswell mate so :hope Graham and Scotland are 2 of my usual picks aswell!! Good luck!! Like you I feel that this could be a profitable system and with 2 heads on it you never know!! All it needs is 1 win a season and you make a good profit!!

Good picks aswell mate so :hope Graham and Scotland are 2 of my usual picks aswell!! Good luck!! Like you I feel that this could be a profitable system and with 2 heads on it you never know!! All it needs is 1 win a season and you make a good profit!!
Likewise mate I feel this could be profitable. A friend of my dads got me into this type of bet but he reckons its harder this season because theres only a few leagues where theres standout top scorers in each league. I havent researched the stats from years gone by but he was generally saying theres normally 2 or 3 strikers per league that run away with the top scorer charts which then makes it easier to predict. I'm only into my 5th week of doing this and already well in profit. Totally agree with you even with just one hit of 4/4 per season, it should provide a tidy return giving you free bets for the season and something nice for 'er indoors :lol

:clap 2/4 mate well done. I'm sure the 4/4 is not too far away

£1 lucky 15 first goalscorer Graham (Carlisle) 4/1 Beckford (Leeds) 11/2 Scotland (Swansea) 7/2 Niculae (Inverness CT) 4/1 (This one's bit of a gamble but Inverness are playing Gretna who look doomed and Niculae is top scorer for Cally Thistle) All prices are with laddies if all correct should pay roughly £1450 (Not worked it out yet though) :hope
:spank My first week of getting nowt from this kind of bet..only consolation is £1 returned for bet void on Niculae who didnt play. Bloody Beckford scored but 2nd goal of game. But I'm still confident this bet will work so I'll be trying again midweek...will post my selections later