A League Moves and Transfers over the off season

Re: A League Moves and Transfers over the off season Adelaide United Re-signed – Nathan Burns (2 years), Lucas Pantelis (2 years), Michael Valkanis (1 year), Angelo Costanzo (1 year) In – Alvin Ceccoli (Central Coast Mariners – AFC Champions League only), Daniel Mullen (1 year), Sasa Ognenovski (Queensland Roar) Out – Bobby Petta (released at completion of contract), Dez Giraldi (released - after AFC Champions League) Central Coast Mariners Re-signed – Nigel Boogaard (2 years), John Hutchinson (2 years), Mile Jedinak (2 years), Brad Porter (2 years), Matt Simon (2 years) In – Adrian Caceres (Melbourne Victory - after AFC Champions League), Ahmad Elrich (Wellington Phoenix) Out – Tom Pondeljak (Melbourne Victory), John Aloisi (end of contract) Melbourne Victory Re-signed - Daniel Vasilevski (2 years), Stephen Pace (2 years), Nick Ward (1 year) In – Nathan Elasi (6 months – AFC Champions League only), Billy Celeski (Perth Glory), Tom Pondeljak (Central Coast Mariners) Out – Adrian Caceres (Central Coast Mariners – after AFC Champions League), Ljubo Milicevic (released) Newcastle Jets Re-signed - In – Out – Andrew Durante (Wellington Phoenix), Mark Bridge (Sydney FC), Mario Jardel (released), Jorge Drovandi (released), Steve Eagleton (retired), Scott Tunbridge (released), Denni (released), Stuart Musialik (Sydney FC) On-Loan - Joel Griffiths (to Avispa Fukuoka, Japan) Perth Glory Re-signed – Jamie Harnwell (2 years), Jamie Coyne (2 years), James Robinson (1 year) In – Out – Simon Colosimo (Sydney FC), Leo Bertos (Wellington Phoenix), Billy Celeski (Melbourne Victory) On-Loan - Jamie Harnwell (to FC Vaduz, Switzerland/Leichtenstein) Queensland Roar Re-signed - Josh McCloughan (2 years) In – Tim Smits (Rochedale Rovers - QLD, 2 years), David Dodd (Palm Beach - QLD, 2 years) Out – Sasa Ognenovski (Adelaide United), Reinaldo (Busan I'Park, Korea Republic), Simon Lynch (released), Marcinho (released) Sydney FC Re-signed - In – Simon Colosimo (Perth Glory), John Aloisi (Central Coast Mariners), Mark Bridge (Newcastle Jets), Stuart Musialik (Newcastle Jets) Out – Mark Rudan (Avispa Fukuoka, Japan), Ufuk Talay (Avispa Fukuoka, Japan), David Zdrilic (released), Ruben Zadkovich (released), Patrick (released) On-Loan - Adam Biddle (to Blacktown City, NSW), Ivan Necevski (to Blacktown City, NSW), Nick Tsattlios (to Penrith-Nepean, NSW), Ben Vidaic (to Sydney United, NSW) Wellington Phoenix Re-signed – Vince Lia (2 years) In – Leo Bertos (2 years - Perth Glory), Andrew Durante (2 years - Newcastle Jets), Jon McKain (2 years - from Politechnica Timisoara, Romania*) Out – Steven O’Dor (released), Cleberson (released), George Paladini (released), Ahmad Elrich (Central Coast Mariners), Felipe (released), Kristian Rees (short-term player, released) * at completion of his contract

Re: A League Moves and Transfers over the off season 'The move I had to make': Musialik New Sydney FC signing Stuart Musialik has labelled his shift from Newcastle as the move he had to make if his football career was to go to the next level. With ambitions to play in Europe and represent the Socceroos, the midfield visionary admitted he had gone stale playing for his hometown club and needed a break - from the city as much as the Jets. "It's a very big move for me. I'm a little disappointed to leave my hometown and family and friends but I'm very excited about the challenge ahead with Sydney and am looking forward to it," he said on Wednesday. "The last few months the pressure was on to sign with Newcastle and I just wanted it over and done with and now I can focus on Sydney." "They're going to have a very good football side next year and hopefully I'll play a big part in it." Musialik fell out of love with the Jets despite their run to the Hyundai A-League title - and the feeling appeared mutual at times when he was left off the team sheet for a fair slab of the season. "Besides winning the grand final, it was a disappointing season for me," he conceded. "That's one of the reasons I came down here. I was in my comfort zone in Newcastle so I'm looking at this as a chance to see what it's like to live outside of Newcastle and use it as a stepping stone to Europe." Musialik's signing completes a frenetic period of arrivals and departures at Sydney since the sky blues were dumped from the play-offs at the first stage. Coach John Kosmina is delighted to add the gifted Olyroo to big name off-season purchases John Aloisi, Mark Bridge and Simon Colosimo.