Backtesting systems

Hi all, I'm very interested in back testing a number of systems that I have thought up. How do people do this? Eg: where do people find out the data with which to do back testing - odds that certain teams were in the past, or any other factors which can disprove or otherwise their system? Look forward to replies, cheers Blinf

Re: Backtesting systems Try football-data.co.uk - it has excellent historical data on most of the major Euro leagues (including odds, AH odds, corners, shots-on-target, yellow/red cards etc. etc.).... and the information is easily down-loadable into Excel. Good luck with your back-testing

Re: Backtesting systems

Try football-data.co.uk - it has excellent historical data on most of the major Euro leagues (including odds' date=' AH odds, corners, shots-on-target, yellow/red cards etc. etc.).... and the information is easily down-loadable into Excel. Good luck with your back-testing[/quote'] thats great, ta very much for your help :cheers

Re: Backtesting systems depends what info you're after, and how far you need to go back..... i have all results (ever) from soccerway, and from 6th January, all league and form data for each team for each day of the week up until today (yes, that is a HUGE amount ;)) the leagues I have this data on are far reaching (although not including the americas), so it's possible i have something that you might find useful :ok

the leagues I have this data on are far reaching (although not including the americas), so it's possible i have something that you might find useful :ok
Sounds good, what format do you have this info in? I'm primarily interested in England and Scotland, but perhaps also Italy, as if the other two wont keep me busy enough!

Sounds good' date=' what format do you have this info in? I'm primarily interested in England and Scotland, but perhaps also Italy, as if the other two wont keep me busy enough![/quote'] format? depends what you want!!!! would be easier to say what you're after

format? depends what you want!!!! would be easier to say what you're after
I have got information on odds and game statistics to look through for a number of leagues. I would (of course!) be interested in any statistics that have been more refined into a less labour intensive method than sifting through spreadsheets containing a wide range of data. :cheers

I have got information on odds and game statistics to look through for a number of leagues. I would (of course!) be interested in any statistics that have been more refined into a less labour intensive method than sifting through spreadsheets containing a wide range of data. :cheers
i have all the results (for years) in the format: date, league, fixture, score look at soccerway and see their league and form table layout, i have similar, except i have a combo table for EVERY league (combo meaning you can look along a row and find both a teams league details AND form table, combo also meaning that every league i cover is combined into one big super table) for every day of the week since 6th january. i have a different spreadsheet for each day, also i could combine into a HUGE table, since i have a date column there would be no issues of duplication. so i guess this isn't what you're after, since it would require "labour" :tongue2