Superset Tennis

What a great innovation this is - it could be to tennis what Twenty20 has been to cricket. Really looking forward to it :ok 3pts Becker tb Rusedski @ 2.75 Paddy Power This is only one set, and I imagine Boris has been training a lot lately and won't want to lose this for sure. If his serve is as good as it used to be, and there's no reason why it won't be, then Boris isn't a 7/4 shot.

Re: Superset Tennis Im told this tourny is actually up to 10 for some reason so this makes me a bit dubious about betting but even more likely to go for the big servers if I was. I dont expect McEnroe and Becker to be able to win this and in an interview Boris said he doesnt expect to live with the younger guys and they are just here for fun. Mc probably does have a chance agaisnt Marray but surely Gregs huge serve will be enough to take out a senior. Its a small bet on Rudeski and Ginipri to win the tournament for me but Im not getting involved in match betting or big stakes here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NBryden

Re: Superset Tennis Wish I'd read all this before. Didn't even consider Ancic. Even so, the biggest disaster was still the new hope of British tennis being slaughtered by Big Mac.

Re: Superset Tennis NBryden, what are you talking about? Comments like that are just a joke. Knock the kid down why don't you. The fact is Andrew Murray will probably be a very good player (possibly top 10) - he's 17 and has won 3 Futures events already, not to mention the US Open Juniors. But you probably had no idea about that. To go out and play a true legend like McEnroe infront of that crowd, and infact, play well and make a good account of himself was very impressive. Did you even watch it?

Re: Superset Tennis Too true Jeffers :clap . NB, did you not see the game Mac gave Ancic? Who, you have to admit, is top 10 in the world on that type of court :\ . Saying that, I'm not really a fan of Murray :lol . He's pretty decent from the back, but the serve is very poor. Yeah he's used to the clay, and thats fair play, however, he will never get any media recognition if he can't nail some suckers on the green stuff. Did anyone see the US Open Juniors? Did Murray beat the big French fella, I like him. If so, maybe I'm wrong :\ .