Kempton 28/02

bowles10

Re: Kempton 28/02 8.50 Kempton

3 decent sized field handicaps tonight, but the one to concentrate on is this one, with 12 runners lining up over 6f, in Class 5 0-75. Quite a few in-form horses here, yet no lto winners. I expect this to be run at a decent clip, with many of the market leaders likely to up there from the start. Despite this, there are quite a few hold up performers in this, so I’m preferring something that can sit just off the pace, and one that has a decent draw so it can claim a nice position early on. The current fav is Diriculous from the Terry Mills yard. Had won 2 on the trot, before coming unstuck lto off the same mark as tonight. However, missed the break that day over an inadequate 5f so cannot totally be dismissed, but this is a step up in class and I couldn’t take a short price about this horse being good enough to make this grade. 42 day absence for a sprinter is another negative in the box. Mr Cellophane has a touch of 2nd’itis, finishing in that position on its last 2 starts. Has a poor win ratio, and is raised 2lb for those last 2 efforts, when looking all over the winner last time at Kempton. Is not totally straightforward and I couldn’t back any horse that essentially is penalised for not winning. Don’t Tell Sue is next in the market, and don’t tell me you’re backing this! Another penalised for coming 2nd, has a poor draw which is crucial here over this trip, and could quite easily suffer the bounce factor tonight. Amazingly, we have now covered the front 3 in the market and I couldn’t be backing any of these. Next in the betting is Divertimenti, the one that will carry my money. Steadily dropping in the weights in the face of some difficult tasks, this horse is now just 2lb above its last winning mark. Has a good draw in box 8 and should sit just off the pace, ready to pounce in the last 1.5f. This horse always travels well and needs a strong pace which it should get here. One point to note is that it prefers racing in biggish fields, with all its form in fields of 10+ runners, probably because it gets the strong pace. Over preferred trip tonight of 6f, has been campaigned over further, and 10/1 looks a big price to me. The other horse that could go well here is top weight, Resplendent Alpha. Another dropping in the handicap, and races for the first time in this company which could be a big pointer. Drawn in 5 so could have been better but the biggest concern is that it is often slowly away, so may be better suited by an extra furlong. Despite this, it is another with a good EW shout. Bertie Southstreet is one of 3 from the Jim Best yard, and is more than capable on its day. However, is a frustrating sort (I know, I’ve backed it before!) and is often well supported, but too often flatters to deceive. Good draw and has Seb on top but very poor win/place strike rate so I’ll be taking this horse on, especially as it probably needs to be eased a bit in the weights. The other 2 from the Best yard are the 2 at the foot of the weights, Hucking Hill and Monashee Prince. The former is drawn well and has the useful Hayley Turner on board. Is dropped 1lb for this run, goes well at Kempton but its tendency to be held up could again be its undoing. It is no forlorn hope if ridden a little more prominently but a place is probably the best it can hope for. The latter, meanwhile, is going well in lesser company than this but is raised a couple of pounds for its last 2 efforts, despite not getting its head in front. With an average draw too, I see no reason why this horse will be crowned prince in this better race. Grimes Faith has been doing ok in claimers but was turned over at odds on 2 starts ago and disappointed lto. Now back in handicap company, this horse would have to show significant improvement to be competitive here and is readily overlooked. Bobby Rose is drawn well and is a decent animal on its day but 121 day absence is more than enough to make me dismiss its chances. Obe Royal and Red Rudy are others in decent fettle at present, but both race off the same mark as lto, and have the worst of the draw in 2 and 1 respectively so cannot be advised.

The EW bet is Divertimenti.

Predicted finishing order:-

1 Divertimenti

2 Resplendent Alpha

3 Hucking Hill

4 Mr Cellophane

Big prices here, so let’s hope for an upset. Best prices on the front 3 are 11/1, 11/1 and 14/1.

Re: Kempton 28/02

Tip Detail
SportHorse Racing
Event8.50 Kempton
SelectionMr Cellophane (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date28/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 6.50 (Back)
Reasoning2nd 1st 2 starts this year and only a hd behind Divinsky at Kempton on 1st start when looking the winner near the line. Still on a winning mark & can go close again tonight.
Tip Detail
SportHorse Racing
Event9.20 Kempton
SelectionUnder Fire (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date28/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 7.00 (Back)
Reasoninglooking for hat trick tonight & no reason why it cant go in again. Not out of the 1st 4 in last 7 races here & although creeping up the weights, will go close.

Hi Folks, new to the forum, look forward to the tips and banter from you all
:welcometo the punters lounge mate, have a look around, read the posting rules and hope to see you putting some selections in the daily threads. Join in with Best Bet Of The Day if you like, March one starts soon. :ok

Hi Folks, new to the forum, look forward to the tips and banter from you all
:welcomeWEEYIN58 Hope you enjoy the banter & we look forward to some of your selections & reasoning good luck with your tips also dont be afraid to ask a question we are all here to help :ok