Darts: Premier League Week 5

5th week of the Premier League on Thursday. Bournemouth is the venue.

Thursday 28 February 2008Player 1 Tie Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Lewis v Manley (19:40GMT)1.895.803.10102%Details »
Hide « Lewis v Manley
Jenkins v Part (19:45GMT)2.305.502.62100%Details »
Hide « Jenkins v Part
Mardle v Taylor (19:45GMT)5.006.401.55100%Details »
Hide « Mardle v Taylor
van Barneveld v Wade (19:45GMT)2.505.502.37100%Details »
I'm looking at 3 away players this week. 10pts W.Mardle +2.5 legs to beat P.Taylor 11/10 Stan James Phil Taylor is just so out of touch it's untrue. He's admitted on planet darts that he's feeling nerves and it appears he's almost scared when he's on the stage at the minute. Last week's thrashing by Peter Manley must've sent shockwaves through Taylor Mansions and he's surely got to bounce back soon but his form is so bad, on the doubles especially that all confidence in him doing so has gone for me. Wayne Mardle's played ok in this event so far and possibly could've had more points than he's actually got. He beat Taylor in the quarters of the world championship and shouldn't be odds against to hit 6 legs in current form even with Taylor throwing 1st. Mardle should have the belief to win this match and I actually believe he'll get something from the match but these odds are fine to take with the requirement being one leg less. 10pts R.Barneveld to beat J.Wade (DNB) Evs Stan James I've been critical of Barney so far in this event, he seems to have inherited a drift into the 5 but even so he shouldn't be even money to win this without the draw in play. I accept he's throwing 2nd and all that but barring last week Wade hasn't exactly looked impressive in this competition yet. Despite his 5 fetish Barney is still scoring well and he's checking out very nicely. Wade's quality and for mine he's the best player in the world right now but he's admitted he's still getting used to the Premier League show. Barney has good memories of Bournemouth having hit a 9 darter against Peter Manley here 2 years ago and if there's a winner in this match I think Barney might just sneak it. 10pts T.Jenkins to beat J.Part (DNB) 10/11 Skybet In the past if someone had beaten Taylor and Barney is successive matches they'd be heavy favourite for their next match. Jenkins has done just that yet somehow Skybet still don't have Jenkins as favourite. Jenkins was awful for the 1st two weeks in this event but he's bounced back brilliantly to beat the two big names and he'll be well up for this. Part is the world champ as we know but at some point in this event the travelling could catch up with him. 2nd half last week against Wade it looked like it was just starting too and while Part will always be a tough guy to beat I think Jenkins will have just too much for the Canadian and again even though Jenkins isn't throwing 1st I think he'll come away with the win.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 5 Correct scores, last week all games finished either 8-3, 8-5 home and 8-4, 8-6 away: Adrian Lewis v Peter Manley 8-4 @ 12/1 8-6 @ 15/2 Phil Taylor v Wayne Mardle 8-3 @ 8/1 8-5 @ 6/1 James Wade v Raymond van Barneveld 8-3 @ 12/1 8-5 @ 13/2 John Part v Terry Jenkins 8-4 @ 9/1 8-6 @ 13/2 Two others: Manley 7/4 DNB 10 pts Taking on Lewis again. Manley seems to be playing the sort of darts he did at the MOD last year that has been so infrequently since. Deadly on his doubles, he wont smack his opponents away with 180s but steady 140s/100s along with the strong checkout percentage mean he is proving tough to beat. Last week for the first time this century in probably the 500th attempt he beat taylor and while much is spoken of Taylor's problems, Manley would have beaten most players with a 100+ average. Lewis has done ok in the league so far but does still seem a bit rough around the edges, in weeks 2 and 3 he failed to win, albeit against Taylor and Wade but he was in strong positions both times and last week he won but a lot of that was down to Mardle letting him of with loads of missed doubles, something Manley does not seem to do. Manley DNB. Jenkins 10/11 DNB 10 pts Jenkins has worked himself into better form as the event has gone on and has beaten Taylor and Barney the last two weeks. His performance against Taylor especially in the scoring sense has been impressive and sure he needs to tighten up on a few missed doubles at times but on current form he can outscore Part here. Part much like in the 2005 PL is proving very up and down with flights back to and from Cananda not really ideal preparation. He is normally especially dangerous in these tight games and it is dangerous to oppose him but on current form I will.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.