World Poker Crown

fenner

Re: World Poker Crown Cheers Trevor, and I would echo that Dave is very much someone who is always looking out for his readers' interests. I do know that these things don't always go smoothly particularly when using new systems of registration. There are seven InsidePoker freerolls over the next two months, however, so we have time to try to fix any problems that occur. With that in mind if people can pass on to me in an email ([email protected]) details of any problems they have had then that would be helpful. Similarly I would suggest emailing Dave for the PokerPlayer freerolls. We do talk to each other, of course, but the freerolls are unique to each mag no matter what 888 CS may think. Cheers Alun

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Poker Crown There may have been only 117 but that was still 4 too many for my liking - out in 14th :sad I have had big problems with regging for games with Pacific/888 in the past - and was expecting ones with this but I got enrolled for both tourneys no problem. :ok I sent my email off Sunday evening. I truthfully don't believe these will garner as many players as the regular Mag freerolls, due to the need for people to have to prepare a little by mailing in advance, which IMO is a good thing. Aligned with the fact that you don't actually win anything (except a chipset !! fore 1st) and these are more akin to Satellites than Freerolls (persay)

Re: World Poker Crown Hi all, I'll always respond to emails as soon as I get them (or get back in the office). And echoing what Alun has said, if anyone's having problems, could they email me at [email protected]? We are having a few teething problems but we'll make sure they're sorted for the next freeroll. And, to be fair to 888, we've put these registration hoops into place to make sure that only our readers can play in them. The freerolls in other mags are open to everyone. That said, I know how frustrating it is if you've bought the mag and can't get in to a tourney you want to play, so sorry to anyone who's having problems. Cheers, Dave

Re: World Poker Crown took me quite a few phone calls to get in yesterdays inside poker freeroll but got in eventually:ok just had a look and next weeks is registering already,just got in ok :ok strange thing is hav'nt even e-mailed em yet :loon:loon:loon:loon with me details and password,think it was my sexy voice on the phone and the woman just gave me a pass for all of them :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Re: World Poker Crown

took me quite a few phone calls to get in yesterdays inside poker freeroll but got in eventually:ok just had a look and next weeks is registering already' date='just got in ok :ok strange thing is hav'nt even e-mailed em yet :loon:loon:loon:loon with me details and password,think it was my sexy voice on the phone and the woman just gave me a pass for all of them :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol[/quote'] reg is open for next weeks pokerplayer 1 and as i stated above no details sent and it let me register :okgl the rest of you :hope:hope:hope:hope

Re: World Poker Crown in tonights as sent email last friday,and in next weeks as well without sending email, so assuming that they really dont understand what the magazines are trying to achieve,at least with Skypoker it worked with a good degree of success even if it was just for subscribers. but the mags are trying hard to please and you cant ask for more than that

sent emails today for both freerolls this week, but both have bounced straight back at me as 'undeliverable'. anyone else had the same problem ? :unsure
same problem here... I couldnt get in the 1st time around either but at least the email's went using the method from the mags....now I'm getting same prob as you trying to reg for the 2nd freebies, someone said you need to download from 888 create a new account with them, I have no idea if its true, but gave it a try and still getting undelivered...

same problem here... I couldnt get in the 1st time around either but at least the email's went using the method from the mags....now I'm getting same prob as you trying to reg for the 2nd freebies' date=' someone said you need to download from 888 create a new account with them, I have no idea if its true, but gave it a try and still getting undelivered...[/quote'] As suggested by jones12345 I was able to register anyway and not asked for a password so chances are they are open to everyone this week, emails or not. At one time I had a few 888 accounts, stemming from different newspaper promotions but, quite rightly, I was asked to choose just one and the others were closed. I would hope any existing account would be enough without you having to download another. :ok

Re: World Poker Crown Just want to say thanks to Dave Woods for emailing back so quickly. It was my first real 'moan' to the mag and I wrongly presumed that no reply would be sent I think I was just frustrated with not being able to register for the game..which I still think reflects bad on PP and IP (even though the problem was with 888) I sub to both mags and think they're great, but I also think that after announcing the freerolls on a double page spread in both mags - it's not really good enough to have teething probs (ie missing the first fr) - surely the registration process should be fully understood by 888 and that they ensure they have the resources and adequate knowledge to make it go smoothly. I had a problem last year with Betfair when I won a 'Goody Bag' in another PP freeroll and after several months and about 20 emails, I never received it - I gave up in the end and moved my br elsewhere. They all make immense amounts of cash from us and things like this should not be happening with companies that have been operating for quite a few years! Anyway, moaning over - Im in the next one so all's well Once again - thanks Dave

Re: World Poker Crown Trying to register for the freerolls from IP and PP on 4th and 5th March. I've tried emailing the addresses given in the mags but emails getting returned as address unknown ..... games show up as restricted in the lobby and won't let just anyone in .... some PLrs in them so is it done by calling 888 support (Pacific) or by other means? The difficulties mean that there are going to be very small fields :-)