** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lingfield - Monday 18th Feb

bigs

Re: Lingfield - Monday 18th Feb Lingfield 16:40 - Seductive Witch WIN Ok, my guess is that this will be a strong paced race with Seductive Witch and Stoneacre Pat setting it. These 2 like to lead, and I could swear it will be a 2 horse race until the very end when someone will try to pick'em up! Remains to be seen if they can. Anyway I'll give my vote to Seductive witch because seems to me that it has more to come :) And has a better jockey on board :p Not sure if Haddon will know how to handle Stoneacre whilst J Doyle knows his way around Seductive.

Re: Lingfield - Monday 18th Feb 4.40 Lingfield - Valhillen One handicap among his three wins ridden prominently at Wolverhampton and not beaten far on latest start - his first since changing hands and leaving Mark Wallace. Handicapped up to his best since the success, but the capable Patrick Hills claims 5 and I expect a bold show. Worth a punt at the price.

Re: Lingfield - Monday 18th Feb

Event 1.55 Lingfield
Selection Trees of Green (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength 8/10
Date 18/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning This looks a tricky race but the team of Wigham and Catlin look to have strong claims. Trees of Green has been running in much better company than this and it represents a large drop in class. This is a Godolphin cast off and ran some nice races as a 3 year old. I fully expect him to run a great race today.

Event 2.25 Lingfield
Selection Thermidor (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 18/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 34.00 (Back)
Reasoning Orientalist Art and Silent Master look the two most likely to place here but I like the Lady Herries horse, Thermidor. Her 2 runs to date have both been over 6f and she has been staying on eye catchingly at the death. This race is similar to those, where she finished 4th and 5th, except over 7f, which should suit. If the horse can cope with the absence, the track is also a positive and I expect her to run well.

Event 3.35 Lingfield
Selection General Bulcher (BOG)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning General Bulcher looks the good thing of the day and I am willing to take a punt at 8/13. Peter Chapple Hyam's horses tend to come on for their first run so he should improve on his 3rd LTO. Alan Munro returns to take the ride and Peter will want to give him a winner on his comeback. The horse got outpaced at a vital stage last time and the step up in trip should suit.

Event 4.10 Lingfield
Selection Josrs Magic (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 18/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 6.00 (Back)
Reasoning Josrs Magic eventually got the win on the board last time after having so many luckless runs. She always seemed to be flying home at the death but not quite getting there. Last time connections tried a change of tactics and he won well over Course and Distance. If he ca reproduce that form he should go close. He is also versatile as I have already spoken about and I think he has solid EW claims.

Event 4.10 Lingfield
Selection Jomus (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 18/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 11.00 (Back)
Reasoning Jomus shaped last time as if he would appreciate the step up to 1m 2f which he gets today. He is a consistent horse who rarely runs a bad race. I think Lingfield should suit and although his record over 10f isnt great, I think he is in better form now.

Event 4.40 Lingfield
Selection Vahlilen (BOG)
Strength 5/10
Date 18/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning Vahlilen struggle last time when stepping up to 6f and I dont think it suited him. 5f seems his best trip and he steps back to that distance today. I think he stand a decent chance today.

Event 4.40 Lingfield
Selection Seductive Witch (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 4.00 (Lay)
Reasoning Seductive Witch has won well her last 2 races but they were over 6f. She drops back down to 5 today and that combined with a drop in class will make it very difficult for her. She also has the penalty today and this looks a very decent race for a Class 5. A big LAY for me.

Stew' date=' mate .. are Boyle b.o.g. for all races? I will start using them more if they are. I only knew about B365 and SJ till now. Any other bookie?[/quote'] According to Sportinglife's oddschecker they are. Think its just Stan James, Bet365 and Boylesports for now, although I expect there will be more as it is such an attractive concession. :ok:ok

Stew' date=' mate .. are Boyle b.o.g. for all races? I will start using them more if they are. I only knew about B365 and SJ till now. Any other bookie?[/quote'] Betfred has BOG's in selected races - even if it is a limited number they sometimes offer a better price than other bookmakers - such as Climate at 14-1 with them today and it was around 9-1 to 10-1 with the rest.. I only used Bet365 for this and did not know about Boylsports and Stan James until now - thanks for the info.