Champions League (Feb 20th)

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th)

If barcalona go over 2 nearer kick off im backing them, celtic are in good form and are clearly good at home in the champions league but i think evens is good enough value for a side who are clearly superior in every department and face real opposition week in week out. Might put a saver on 1-1, see what kinda mood im in about it later. If barcas odds continue to sink I aint going near them. Looks a lot trickier tonight.
There we go, I'm impressed whycantistayawayfromdogs, you've actually made a decent arguement for Barcelona this time for a change instead of your childish "Celtic Suck Ass" comment last night. An apology should be forthcoming for your rather pathetic statement last night. Anyway onto tonights games. For me Arsenal are worth a shout at 2.1. AC Milan have a history of keeping things tight and cagey in the first leg, especially when the first leg is away from home but Aresnal have shown that with the form of players such as Fabregas and Adebayor that they are more than capable of breaching the AC defence. If AC come and play for a 0-0 then they will cause themselves some serious problems, much like they did at Parkhead on matchday 2. That night they showed very little creativity giong forward and were quite happy to pass the ball about in the midfield to wind down the clock, a tactic which inevitably seen them lose the game against Celtic 2-1. It wouldnt surprise me if AC try and implement the same mindset tonight and when you consider that Arsenal are unbeaten in Europe in the Emirates Stadium I think a home win looks a decent bet. Celtic v Barcelona There is no way in hell I'm going anywhere near this game. I think my heart will probably struggle to cope through the 90 minutes already never mind if I had money on it. It has been well documented that Celtic has one of the most (if not the most) impressive home record in European football which suggests that Celtic could yet again provide a shock tonight. However for me, although I would love to see it happen, I think the best we can hope for is a draw. I think our back line at the moment is too weak, too liable to make mistakes and I can Barca cutting through us tmie and time again. We'll need Boruc to have the game of his life plus we'll need to take the few chances which we will creat tonight to keep us in touch for the second leg. I'm praying it will be another one of those magical nights at Parkhead which will live with me for years where we yet again put one of Europes finest to the sword. My heart says 1-0 Celtic but my head says 2-1 Barca. Lyon v Man U Again another very tough game to call. Lyon have proved to be very hit and miss this season, they started the season both domestically and on the European front very poorly but have seemed to have regained their form as the season has progressed now sitting top of the league. They pulled off a sensational result at Ibrox to seal their place in the last 16 with a polished performance and if they perform in the same manner tonight they will cause Man U many problems. Despite the fact I do fancy United to be the far stronger side across the 2 legs I do feel that they will be extremely happy to take a score draw back to Old Trafford. Fergie will go out looking to score tonight and its for reason I'm tempted by OVERS in this game. Both sides are very attack minded and I think we will see a lot of goals tonight. Gd luck to all tonight with your bets. MON THE HOOPS!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Arsenal Arsenal have shown this year how good they are with the class of players like Fabregas and Adebayor who have taken them to the top of the EPL. Forget the result against Man Utd, Wenger wants to go all the way here and make it a double with the EPL. Milan have injury concerns especially their keeper Kalac who has been in great form recently and as well as the best player in the world (Kaka). They are not playing at their capabilities and will have a defensive approach to their game as they see a draw here as a big result to take back to Milan. However this will only allow Arsenal to keep probing for the goal, and as was witnessed last night in the Liverpool and Inter game, the italians have problems with the English teams with the pace of their game and and how well they close down the opposition when they have the ball. Arsenal seem to be playig a lot better than Milan in their respective leagues, so look to them to go to Milan with a victory under their belt. Celtic over 2.5 Celtic by their nature are not a team that sits back and defends. They will go out to win this game especially they know that they need to get a good result here to take back to Barcelona on the return leg if they wish to progress. Barcelona have niot plaeyd as well as they can recently but when you see the kind of players that they have brought, you would expect them to play the classy players they have to go out and win the game. This should be an open game and one that i favour Barca to win but Celtic also have a very good home record. For this reason, i wouldn't be surprised if Celtic comes out and wins this game but it would with a 2-1 or so result. Should see the over as both teams should score and from then on, both will look to get the win. Fenerbahce over 2.5 Seven of Fener's last 10 home games in the CL have gone over. Looking at their recent domestic games, the last 8 games all have gone over, as while they have been able to score quite easily they have only had one clean sheet in these games. Sevilla have gone over in 6 of their last 8 games and they too have found it easy to score while also allowing goals in these games. Should be goals here Man Utd Man Utd have been impressive in the EPL this year with Ronaldo in standout form. Defensively they have been rock solid at the back and have the players ot hold Lyon out. Lyon are not the same team as previous year's who were often seen as the dark horse in this competition. While they have some good players, their defense has some supsect players like Boumsong who was a poor player at Newcastle. Man Utd look like taking a lead back to Old Trafford

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) The Celtic game has got goals in it tonight I think. Celtic will not come out against Barcelona like Rangers did - a point was a good result for Rangers in the group stages. If Celtic have any chance of getting through, they need to win the home leg. Unfortunately this will leave gaps at the back. Celtic, with the form of McGeady and Nakamura will create chances. With evens or better on over 2.5 this is a good value bet. Steve.

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Arsenal - AC Milan I think Arsenal will win this one, Guests fail to impress me week after week - five 0-1 wins and a 1-1 draw. Just a small point here though - one of the reasons AC kept those clean sheets was Kalac. Fatigue is the key factor here, with 2 games week after week Milan play really tight, saving as much energy as possible. It is not a goal-keeping problem they have, it is the forwards who fail as not much chances are created/taken and injuries follow week after week. The ageing Milan's defence will struggle vs Arsenal's young guns, so I think Ancelotti will have all 11 in his own half, looking for an occasional counter. The midfield is excellent but in this particular game they will be much bussier helping at the back. An Over here? I love Overs, but imo even if Arsenal are one up early in the game Milan still won't open up much. TBH I hate both teams as a fan, but AC are the kind of L'pool in these games, somehow they always get the result they need. As of Arsenal, if they only managed 20-25 mins of their elegant attacking play, this game will send them to 1/4 finals early. Number of cards is a good option here as Milan will be using every trick to stop the fast Arsenal forwards. So is number of cards tempting in the Celtic game.

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Although a Rangers fan - I am not here to trash Celtic. I personally hope they do the business and get through the tie - it will be a tough task however. As for tonight, I am siding with the following bet: Barca to score most CL goals tonight @ 10/3 (Coral) The reasons being this: 1) These 4 games tonight look super close. On paper they could all well end up in draws. 2) You simply do not get many goals scored at this stage in the competition. I think 2 goals could well win this bet. 3) Barca have the 4 best attacking players in the world. 4) Celtic's home record in the CL is incredible - however, Barca have managed to score 3 at Parkhead before... As I said, I hope they do manage to get through, but I can see Barca scoring 2 goals tonight, and that makes the 10/3 on offer look a decent enough price. Good luck to the 'Bhoys', I think they might need it... 4) Although

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Celtic v Barcelona Celtic will try to nick this match and have the home form to do so. They can frustrate Barca and hopefully score without conceding. If Celtic score too early then they have to either go for the second or knuckle down and absorb the pressure. The Ref seems to be fairly consistent and let's matches flow, he averages 3 bookings per game(source worldreferee.com), so it would seem he will not have a major impact on the game apart from deserving offences. I don't think there will be too many goals, but will have a couple of Correct Score interest bets. Main Selection: DoubleChance 1X (1.86 Partybets) Interest Bets: CS 1-0, 1-1, 2-0 (9.0, 6.0, 21.0 all Partybets)

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) ...and few words on the possible Overs tonight, hope someone comments, as Overs is what I bet on. Celtic - Barca To those who follow Barca closely this season the amazing thing is that their defense is rock solid, while they struggle in attack. How many teams managed to score 2 or more vs the Catalans this season. If I am not mistaken only Lyon at home and I think no one in Spain (?). Despite the great names they don't score much, it was the freedom given to Ronaldinho that was giving better scores before ( and his form ), as on top of scoring he was supplying massive to Eto'o , which Henry and Messi do more rarely. On the other hand folks here mentioned some problems at the back for Celtic, so who knows.. Arsenal - AC Milan I just hope Arsenal score 2 or more for the simple reason that in the 1/4 finals and after we all watch attacking football instead of Milan's boring games, but as I said Milan won't change the tight approach even if they are one down early. Fener - Sevilla My personal favourite for an Over, if it wasn't for that frozen pitch in Istanbul. The weather was VERY bad until yesterday, surely for this occasion the Turks will do great work to improve to field, still... It often helps more with late tackles and nasty fouls than scoring goals. Lyon - Man U My clear favourite here. Neither team will hide behind a 1-0 lead, expect this one to be the best game tonight. Good luck P.S In fact after writting this I placed a considerable 18 point at 2,00 on Over 4,5 cards in the game in Istanbul - bad weather, plenty of Machos, Locos and Bravados in both teams, very strict refs at this stage, etc...

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Arsenal v Milan Arsenal should be able to forget last weekend's result and go for the win against AC. With AC having goalkeeping problems, Arsenal should be able score at least 1 goal against the 3rd choice keeper unless he is exceptional. AC's recent results in their own league have been mediocre and thats with their normal keeper. Adebayor is one booking away from missing the next leg which might subdue him a little but he is not their only goalscorer. The Ref is not the type to involve himself too much in matches so shouldn't be a factor. Another low scoring game for me Main Selection: Arsenal (2.05 Partybets) Interest Bets: Anytime Goalscorer Eduardo & Fabregas (2.0 & 4.0 all Partybets)

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Quote:Originally Posted by nicko Well done ! Thanks Nicko made some nice money Im not playin anyone tonight cos its to close, Arsenal are the only one im sure of, but if i was bettin i wud go for: Arsenal Fenerbahce Barcelona Arsenal to just edge this one because Milan have a lot of injury worries, Arsenal have something to prove after Man Us thrashing last Saturday and Wenger has a v good record against italian sides. Fenerbahce although Sevilla have been on some good form and are more or less unbeatable over 2 legs i still think Fenerbahce have the advantage of the hostile crowd which makes what is a strong team anyway even stornger to just snatch this one but will lose over the 2 legs. Barcelona Thers no doubt Celtic are 1 of the toughest teams to play at home, ther record speaks for itself, despite how poor the SPL is but i still think Barca have something to prove after havin a poor time so far in the Primer Liga and will just have too much more Celtic in this 1 and will win 1-0 as even though Rijkaard is serving a touchline ban he still has Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Thierry Henry to pick from which shud be enuf to see off Celtic. Then again who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) 1 for me today, and it is Celtic-Barcelona Under 2.5, 1.77 Celtic by nature may be an attacking team but that doesn't correlate to goals. call me silly but i don't believe Celtic will get a win at Nou Camp...but a draw there (like at the San Siro last year) is very possible. so i hope and believe not conceding a single goal is they're priority. The side is a tricky wager no doubt but i don't see many risks being taken in this game, and if all else fails, Barca has the ability to keep a clean sheet here i think even if they do nick a goal or two. personally i believe it will be 0-0 or a 1-0 game to either side. gl

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Hi all, I think that Arsenal (11/10 P.P) to beat Milan tonight is the best bet of the night. With the likes of Adebayor, Clichy, Flamini and Sagna returning to the team tonight, the Goalkeeping saga at Milan, the Emirates stadium becoming somewhat of a fortress for Arsenal this season and the Desire of this young team to become European Champions for themselves but also for their Manager, i think they will take another step tonight and bring a lead to Milan for the return leg . Appollo_10 Straight win : Arsenal 11/10 (P.P) Little Dabble : Arsenal 8/1 to win 2 0 (p.p)

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Arsenal v AC The old V The new, Men against boys well i feel this will be the game when AC are finaly found out in europe, 3rd choice GK 1 game in 5 years it doesnt look f=good for them, Expect Arsenal to fly out the traps and run AC ragged Bet Arsenal to win mare corners 9/10 expect Over 2 goals 6/5 Lyon v Man Utd Both teams like to push forward and both hate to go backwards this should be a cracking match with loads of free space for Ronaldo, Giggs, Fred & Co to take advantage of, Bet Multi corners over 30 11/5 VCBet Celtic v Barca Celtics home european record is amazing but all good things must come to an end and who better to end it than the team that handed them there last home defeat in Europe, Dont get me wrong Celtic at home in Europe isnt an easy task but Celtic erm how do we put this...Just dont look like the Celtic of old, this plus Barca on a high after cutting back Reals lead at the top of La Liga over the weekend should see class shine through Bet Barca to win 10/11 various Fenerbahce v Sevilla Another match which will not be for the faint of heart, Sevilla enter the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium to possibly one of themost hostile crowds in world football expect a few players to lose the plot and the atmosphere gets red hot. Bet Over 45 points booking 1/1 various Football Tipper

There we go, I'm impressed whycantistayawayfromdogs, you've actually made a decent arguement for Barcelona this time for a change instead of your childish "Celtic Suck Ass" comment last night. An apology should be forthcoming for your rather pathetic statement last night.
Put simply Get over yourself, it was a joke relating to the previous comments... :zzz

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Lads it looks like a night for keeping my hands in my pockets (will guarantee a little fun anyway !!) I just get the feeling that I couldn't tip a winner in any game. I'm up a little after AH L'pool and Olymp. so could do 4 draws (doubles and higher), with 2 meaning a profit, as all the games have me that confused. The perceived wisdom seems to say that Arsenal will beat AC Milan, but I'm not 100% - Will need to see the teams first. Nope, think i'll do the draws and wait and see. Normally do the AH but can't even convince myself as to who i should go with a 0.5 start !! all i do know is that there will be very few goals, only 6 last night. this is not a post that will sway anyone i'd say - hope there's no splinters on this fence !

Lyon v Man Utd _44050889_rooney_ronaldo_split203.jpg
Six times French champions Lyon are heading for a seventh successive league trophy as they currently top French League by a single point. They produced a superb comeback in Group E; they lost their first two games against Barcelona and Rangers, but they beat Stuttgart back-to-back before soundly beating Rangers in the return leg at Ibrox – shockingly! Lyon boast some top talent including Hatem Ben Arfa; Sir Alex Ferguson's choice for Ryan Giggs' replacement, and Karim Benzema who has scored 19-goals in domestic and European games. Man Utd's response to their dreadful 1-2 home loss to Man City came in the shape of a 4-0 FA Cup win over Arsenal at the weekend. It was a match in which we seen the first superb performance from Nani, while Wayne Rooney got on the score sheet after a bit of a barren spell. Despite some slip-ups in recent games, the Red Devils are on far better form than opponents Lyon who's recent form is patchy. They'll be no injuries to worry about for Sir Alex Ferguson, meaning there should be a full strength Man Utd side out in force in Lyon.
  1. Away win @ 11/8
  2. Rooney scores @ 2/1
  3. Over 2.5 goals @ 6/5

Arsenal v AC Milan kaka.jpg
Arsenal should be pleased to be back on home soil: two of their last three traveling games seen them battered at both Tottenham & Man Utd, and they should put a lot of their focus into Europe for the time being. With their pace the Gunners should be a perfect match for any Italian side, but especially Milan who have a defence stacked full of aged 30+ players. Domestically, Arsenal are a far better scoring side than Milan and should take full advantage of being the home side. After a dreadful start in Serie A, Milan find themselves fifth in the league and a whopping 21-points behind rivals Inter. They are well and truly out of the title race and can now put all their eggs in one basket by focusing on the European Cup. Typically, they should go looking for a draw at Arsenal which is what Italian sides tend to do in Europe. However, Milan have had better results and scored more goals on their travels this season.
  1. Home win @ 11/10
  2. Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) Have to agree with an earlier commenter who questioned that Lyon were "torn apart by Rangers". That was a bizarre game which somehow ended 3-0 to Rangers. I think Rangers crossed the half-way line 3 times during the 90 minutes, and scored every time. Lyon are much better than that scoreline suggested (and this was shown in their other group games) and will be tough for Man U to beat tonight. This game and the other 3 games tonight look very tight to me. Low score draws might be the best call.

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) As all of these games are very difficult to predict I'll have 2 small stakes lucky15's Arsenal - Milan - HT Result - DRAW @ 2.0 Fenerb - Sevilha - OVER 2.5 @ 2.05 Lyon - Man U - Man u WIN @ 2.2 Celtic - Barça - NO DRAW BET - Celtic to win @ 3.30 & Arsenal - Milan - HT Result - Result 1-1 @ 6.0 Fenerb - Sevilha - Result 1-1 @ 5.5 Lyon - Man U - Result 1-1 @ 5.5 Celtic - Barça - NO DRAW BET - Result 1-1 @ 6.5

Re: Champions League (Feb 20th) I'm actually tempted to oppose Arsenal tonight - I think Milan have just the right players to completely frustrate and disrupt Arsenal's passing rhythm, and then hang on to the ball when they have it (unlike Inter, who were inexplicably awful last night). Adebayor is the main goal threat for Arsenal, and despite his hot streak, in 13 games against the big 4 he has only actually managed 1 goal, so he may be a bit of a flat track bully. I rate him, but that stat (from the Racing Post's analysis today) is very interesting. Milan have two of the best players defensively in the world in Nesta and Gattuso, so even with a 3rd choice keeper they should be able t limit Arsenal's goal threat. Elsewhere, I agree that Man Utd look very tasty, but I'm a little worried about underestimating Lyon. Their home form in the league is 10-2-1, while away its an unimpressive 5-2-5. I think it will be a tight game, and I may play on the unders again if I can get around 1.7. Man Utd have gone under in 66% of their away games, and have the best defence in the Prem. Also, it looks as if both teams may start the game in 4-5-1 formation. With that in mind, Tevez may be a decent bet for 1st goalscorer at 8/1, although the 6/1 on Ronaldo is very interesting indeed. Anytime scorer prices for those two can be had with Paddy Power at 11/4 and 23/10 respectively. I'm also tempted by a Man Utd win to nil at 4/1 with Paddy Power or 1-0 to Man Utd at 13/2. But the standout bet looking just at the stats, is Fenerbahce to beat Sevilla at 9/5 with Ladbrokes. Only lost two in the league all season, and a 9-2-0 home record, won all 3 home group games, up against a team that has a 3-2-7 away record in the league. Also, Sevilla are in their first ever Champions League campaign, for all their UEFA success, while Fenerbahce have the experience of Roberto Carlos within their ranks. Now, while I understand that Fenerbahce are no sure thing, nearly 2/1 seems very large to me.

I'm actually tempted to oppose Arsenal tonight - I think Milan have just the right players to completely frustrate and disrupt Arsenal's passing rhythm, and then hang on to the ball when they have it (unlike Inter, who were inexplicably awful last night). Adebayor is the main goal threat for Arsenal, and despite his hot streak, in 13 games against the big 4 he has only actually managed 1 goal, so he may be a bit of a flat track bully. I rate him, but that stat (from the Racing Post's analysis today) is very interesting. Milan have two of the best players defensively in the world in Nesta and Gattuso, so even with a 3rd choice keeper they should be able t limit Arsenal's goal threat. Elsewhere, I agree that Man Utd look very tasty, but I'm a little worried about underestimating Lyon. Their home form in the league is 10-2-1, while away its an unimpressive 5-2-5. I think it will be a tight game, and I may play on the unders again if I can get around 1.7. Man Utd have gone under in 66% of their away games, and have the best defence in the Prem. Also, it looks as if both teams may start the game in 4-5-1 formation. With that in mind, Tevez may be a decent bet for 1st goalscorer at 8/1, although the 6/1 on Ronaldo is very interesting indeed. Anytime scorer prices for those two can be had with Paddy Power at 11/4 and 23/10 respectively. I'm also tempted by a Man Utd win to nil at 4/1 with Paddy Power or 1-0 to Man Utd at 13/2. But the standout bet looking just at the stats, is Fenerbahce to beat Sevilla at 9/5 with Ladbrokes. Only lost two in the league all season, and a 9-2-0 home record, won all 3 home group games, up against a team that has a 3-2-7 away record in the league. Also, Sevilla are in their first ever Champions League campaign, for all their UEFA success, while Fenerbahce have the experience of Roberto Carlos within their ranks. Now, while I understand that Fenerbahce are no sure thing, nearly 2/1 seems very large to me.
Have to say that I agree the stats look good for Fenerbahce and with the AH (-0) available at evens then that's well worth a look in.

Quote:Originally Posted by nicko Well done ! Thanks Nicko made some nice money Im not playin anyone tonight cos its to close, Arsenal are the only one im sure of, but if i was bettin i wud go for: Arsenal Fenerbahce Barcelona Arsenal to just edge this one because Milan have a lot of injury worries, Arsenal have something to prove after Man Us thrashing last Saturday and Wenger has a v good record against italian sides. Fenerbahce although Sevilla have been on some good form and are more or less unbeatable over 2 legs i still think Fenerbahce have the advantage of the hostile crowd which makes what is a strong team anyway even stornger to just snatch this one but will lose over the 2 legs. Barcelona Thers no doubt Celtic are 1 of the toughest teams to play at home, ther record speaks for itself, despite how poor the SPL is but i still think Barca have something to prove after havin a poor time so far in the Primer Liga and will just have too much more Celtic in this 1 and will win 1-0 as even though Rijkaard is serving a touchline ban he still has Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Thierry Henry to pick from which shud be enuf to see off Celtic. Then again who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im countin Adebayors header in last second as a goal so that 3/3 :tongue2

I've decided to lay Adebayor scoring' date=' done so at 2.46 with betfair. Apart from his poor record against the big 4, he actually hasn't scored for Arsenal in Europe this season either.[/quote'] lol you can see why now, he is probably in the changing rooms now blaming walcott for the ball

Although a Rangers fan - I am not here to trash Celtic. I personally hope they do the business and get through the tie - it will be a tough task however. As for tonight, I am siding with the following bet: Barca to score most CL goals tonight @ 10/3 (Coral) The reasons being this: 1) These 4 games tonight look super close. On paper they could all well end up in draws. 2) You simply do not get many goals scored at this stage in the competition. I think 2 goals could well win this bet. 3) Barca have the 4 best attacking players in the world. 4) Celtic's home record in the CL is incredible - however, Barca have managed to score 3 at Parkhead before... As I said, I hope they do manage to get through, but I can see Barca scoring 2 goals tonight, and that makes the 10/3 on offer look a decent enough price. Good luck to the 'Bhoys', I think they might need it...
Returns half the odds, due to Fenerbache's late winner. Still, a profit on the night for me.

Following up on yesterday's "line of thought", I'm betting on the draws again for Wednesday in the CL as at this stage (1/8 finals) the action is more "even" (teams have high quality and similar value) and teams tend to risk less as any away goal can make a difference in the qualification. Apart from the Arsenal-Milan game in all the others the better team, in theory, plays away which makes it even more tempting to pick the draws IMO. Arsenal-Milan Arsenal is having an incredible season despite the heavy loss away to MU last weekend. In the group stage they won all 3 home games and are surely looking forward to make it to the CL final this season. Milan didn't start the season very well. They're doing terrible for a team like them in the league and had a far from impressive group stage campaign. Tomorrow it is not certain if Milan can play with any of their regular keepers or if they have to use the 3rd choice one. Regardless of that, Milan is a highly experienced side (they were in the CL final 3 times in the last 5 seasons and are seeking a sixth successive quarter-final berth) and they usually start improving after the winter break every season. They know that a draw tomorrow will leave them in a very good position to advance and Italian teams like Milan surely know how to get it. My pick: draw; won Celtic-Barcelona Celtic has an impressive home record in the European Competitions (they're just not nearly as good when playing away despite the tremendous support they always have from their fans) and I don't think they will take many risks against a team like Barça as they know that if they allow an away goal it could spoil everything. Barcelona is not having a good season at all and I think they'll be happy with a draw tomorrow (also taking little risks), thinking that on the return leg at Camp Nou they'll win the game against Celtic. My pick: draw; lost Lyon-M. United Lyon is not playing as well as in previous seasons but they're still a quality side which is not getting the credit they should IMO. They're very hard to beat at home (not so good when playing away) and apart from that 0-3 defeat against Glasgow Rangers they've been doing very well at home this season (10-2-1 record in their league and a draw against Barcelona and a win over Stuttgart in the group stage of the CL). MU have indeed a great team but they're only human and anyone can have a bad day. There's a lot of hype about the team specially after the 4-0 win over Arsenal last weekend but this is another day, another game and another competition. Everyone will agree that they're the favourites to qualify to the next round but MU is not as impressive when playing away. I expect a tight game. My pick: draw; won Fenerbahce-Sevilla The Turkish side is one of the nice surprises of the group stage and they qualified with 3 home wins (over Inter Milan, PSV and CSKA) in 3 games. They have nice quality players, plus the atmosphere is great in Turkey and the supporters will play an important role. Sevilla is a better overall team and they've be getting very good results as of late with 3 wins in their last 4 league games with only 1 draw (1-1 at home against Barcelona). They look far from impressive to me at the back (allowed goals in all of their last 5 games) but are excellent upfront where they have many high quality options (scored in all of their last 5 games and a total of 11 goals!!!). I think they'll be happy with a draw tomorrow (maybe a 1-1 result). My pick: draw; lost Good luck! JC
Did have a good day today but still think it could and should have been better again today. But I can't complain :) my strategy for this week's CL games worked out fine (3 draws out of 8 games assured me a profit). :cheers JC