G.A.A Feb 10th

Nobody covers this here anymore so I guess I'll give it a go and see how we get on. HURLING - Div 1a + 1b Waterford v Wexford Waterford begins their defence of the league tilte against near neighbours Wexford and should repeat the victory they scored over them last year. Waterford have been a strong team for a few years now but until they win the coveted All-Ireland Hurling title, they will never gain the respect that befits a great team. Wexford have struggled against Loais and lost to a reserve Offaly side in the Walsh Cup and those result sum up all there is about Wexford Hurling at present. They will have virtually the same team they had last year. Waterford will have a mix of old guard and new blood and the plain and simple fact is they have Dan Shanahan. Wexford will struggle to have 2 players who together can match his worth. This should be routine for Waterford. Waterford (-4 points) @ 1.9 Paddy Power Dublin v Antrim I simply cannot see how Dublin are the favourites here. After the Walsh cup, Antrim seem to be playing very well, beating Kilkenny, Offaly and U.C.D who easily turned over Dublin. Antrim wont mind playing the likes of Dublin who wont worry them in the way that a true strong team would. The loser of this will be relegated without doubt. I expect to see Antrim carrying the winning confidence into this game and do just about enough to stay up this year. Dublin should by rights be a Div lower next year. boyle psort have them at 5/4 AND with a one point start. Thats very generous Antrim (+1 point) @ 2.25 Boylesports Limerick v Laois Im afraid that this one is destined to be a home win. Limerick, despite having a few new faces will be too strong for Laois. Ritchie Bennis's side should still have many of last years All-Ireland team on show. Laois will be up for this but the gulf in class will eventually tell. However, the interest in this one comes in the handicap betting with Boyles agin giving Laois a healthy 9 point start. While Limerick will win, it must be remembered that they are starting out their year as they are really only back from Holidays. 9 points is a big start and Laois do have a few talented youngsters coming through Laois (+9 points) @ 1.90 Boylesports Glaway v Clare Galway will start as favourites but dont forget now that bookies have been writing off Clare for a long time now and still they come back to bite them. Once again tomorrow, Clare are rated 3/1 outsiders. Dublin are 4/7 favourites against Antrim - how does that make sense ???? While never one to fully trust Clare to win, they always put up a fight and with the new coach likely to show his character by naming seven debutants, the Clare players know that this will be their chance to shine and make their names for the Championship. Galway will have more or less the same settled team as last year but that really doesnt say too much about the serial under-achievers. Clare getting a four point start and odds against is worth a bet tomorrow. Clare (+4 points) @ 2.10 Boylesports Tipperary v Offaly I fear for offaly, I really do. They will never be as good as the teams of old. Something is just seriously amiss with Offaly hurling nowadays. Perhaps, the new roads leading to Dublin has meant that young BIFFO'S now head to the capital in search of Skirt and Booze instead of pucking a sliotar around at home. Whatever it is, it will be seen in all its glory tomorrow as they travel to Thurles to take on the might of Tipperary under new man Liam sheedy. Tipp have been hurling well over the last few games and can take a commanding win here tomorrow. Boyles are unusually short at 8/11 giving offaly a seven point start. Paddy goes evens and Ive snapped his hand off.. Tipperary (-7 points) @ 2.0 Paddy Power I cant find any bookies giving prices on the other hurling matchs but heres what Ive picked out..Bold denotes my predictions. Unfortunately, there are no prices available to me anywhere Div 2a Kerry v Westmeath Roscommon v Kildare Wicklow v Mayo Div 2b Down v Carlow Meath v Derry Armagh v London Div 3 Tyrone v Donegal Longfordv Sligo Div 4 Fermanagh v Monaghan Leitrim v Cavan

Re: G.A.A Feb 10th Not a great day for me....I did well in the lower divisions on the games that there were no odds for... :lol:lol:lol Waterford LOST to Wexford by 1 point which was a major shock. The Bookies got it right with Dublin, as Antrim were swept aside by 7 points. I called that really poorly. I did predict Limerick to beat Laois but I hadn't reckoned on it being so comprehensive considering it was their first game. They more than covered the 9 point handicap in the end thus rendering my bet a loser.. The 4 point handicap between Galway and Clare was EXACTLY how it ended as Galway ran out winners, while Tipperary was my only win as they easily saw off Offaly. Better luck next week - I'll try to drum up Gaelic Sports a little if I can :ok