VMware

GaF

Love this piece of software - creates a completely seperate, partitioned, virtual desktop, usuing the hardware resources of your existing machine.... Not only does it get around the problem of 3 registrations on Boss, but you can also play multiple Boss clients at the same time :loon vmwaremq4.jpg

Re: VMware

Can you use this to cheat?
No more so than having 2 physical machines next to one another..... Your IP addresses will still be the same.....I'd hope (though not be confident) boss has some means of picking up on it if used for cheating (even if IP addresses arent the same)

Re: VMware That's the virtual one, not the "real" one - only set it up yesterday (and now I've done 3 installs, I'll wipe over it with the default files to reset it back where it was........) - my "real" desktop is the one with the Arsenal logo, that you can just see....) EDIT Make sure you go far enough to the right to see the Virgin lobby.....

Re: VMware Vmware basic edition is free :ok http://www.vmware.com/products/server/ or you can use MS virtual Pc, again free does the same job exactly http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx Both will do the job, no worries. I have a slight preference towards the VMWare solution because my company is a VMWare partner and we sell tons of the Enterprise platform ESX server.

Re: VMware I agree - VMWare is a superb piece of software. However, there are a few drawback with it - it is fairly resource intensive - you need 1Gb roughly for each new virtual environment you create, and each of them use a portion of the physical resources, RAM, CPU etc. I would only install it on a decent PC. The other problem is with licensing - each time you install Windows (or any other piece of software) on a Virtual machine it is liable to licensing laws exactly the same as if it were a 'real' computer. You really should have a different version of Windows for each computer you create. I am a certified VMWare professional and use it everyday in my job, so happy to answer any questions before anyone goes and installs it :D Steve.

Re: VMware In very simplistic terms, Is it like an emulator? What I mean is, its possible to download apps that run a virtual games console such as a Sega Mega Drive (or even arcade games through a MAME interface) and to all intents and purposes it is a separate working entity (I think :unsure). Is it like that (and as easy to use?)? :unsure

Re: VMware You can also install Mojo Pack onto a 1gig or bigger pen drive and install poker clients onto that. I have 12 poker sites on one and you can switch between your virtual and normal desktop. Usefull because it means you can use the poker apps on another computer if you go away and there is no trace left on the host computer, and it keeps the poker site clutter off your normal desktop. It's also free.

Re: VMware

You can also install Mojo Pack onto a 1gig or bigger pen drive and install poker clients onto that. I have 12 poker sites on one and you can switch between your virtual and normal desktop. Usefull because it means you can use the poker apps on another computer if you go away and there is no trace left on the host computer' date=' and it keeps the poker site clutter off your normal desktop. It's also free.[/quote'] Ta! This worked well, and it even allowed me to install it on my computer rather than a pen drive (possibly only because I have two hard drives?). It doesn't require you to install Windows on the "virtual machine" (which if I understand correctly, VMware does). I installed PokerKings and PokerTrillion on it to register ... and now I probably won't use it again until the next Boss Media site I need to install. :)

Re: VMware Tried to download the VMWare software, but it says Windows Internet Information Service is missing, i think it is because i only have Windows XP Home Edition on my comp and it needs XP Pro to work.:sad I take it you are using XP pro Gaf? Wiped my old computer so should be ok for Boss sign ups on there, but liked the idea of being able to play 2 boss sites at once on one computer. Any help would be appreciated.:ok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...