Ever feel like giving up.............

dico

Entered two MTT's on laddies last night. Roughly 2 hours into both and approaching the money......... First off I get dealt pocket 10's. I raise 5/6 x the BB. I get 2 callers. Flop 2 5 10 - bingo trip 10's. I bet the pot, one guy folds and the other goes all in. I call he turns over AK. Turn - J River - Q He wins with a straight:wall:wall At about the same time on the other table some maniac is raising again. He had been doing this with very marginal hands. I get pocket jacks and so put him all in. He turns over pocket 5's and you can guess who made trips:wall Anybody else ever think the worlds against them:cry

Re: Ever feel like giving up............. We've all had those days, then sometimes you hit a perfect day when you can do nothing wrong. It's variance, no getting away from it. Mitagate the bad, maximise the good. You'll be fine over time :ok

Re: Ever feel like giving up.............

We've all had those days, then sometimes you hit a perfect day when you can do nothing wrong. It's variance, no getting away from it. Mitagate the bad, maximise the good. You'll be fine over time :ok
I know what your saying mate but I didn't do anything wrong:wall I don't mind losing when I make a bad decision but I did the right thing and still lost. I know on another day I will get lucky (swings and roundabouts) and hit runner runner it's just bloody frustrating at the time:ok I'll be back for more at the weekend:)

Re: Ever feel like giving up............. Was looking last night at the winning (and losing) final hands at the WSOP Main event - there was a period of 7 years where the event was won by the worst hand ..... that's just poker..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_of_Poker

1995Dan Harrington 9♦ 8♦1,000,000273Howard Goldfarb A♥ 7♣
1996Huck Seed 9♦ 8♦1,000,000295Bruce Van Horn K♣ 8♣
1997Stu Ungar A♥ 4♣1,000,000312John Strzemp A♠ 8♣
1998Scotty Nguyen J♦ 9♣1,000,000350Kevin McBride Q♥ 10♥
1999Noel Furlong 5♣ 5♦1,000,000393Alan Goehring 6♥ 6♣
2000Chris Ferguson A♠ 9♣1,500,000512T. J. Cloutier A♦ Q♣
2001Juan Carlos Mortensen K♣ Q♣1,500,000613Dewey Tomko A♠ A♥

Re: Ever feel like giving up............. No, the AA v KQs is slightly worse (whcih surprises me - I was with you and thought the 66v55 was the worst) Of course we dont know when the money went in - the "underdog" may have been ahead when the bets were made.....