I'm really beginning to dislike Negreanu

BAM

Whilst on holiday I was catching up on the magazine back catalogue and I was incensed to read the piece on Daniel Negraneu in last months Pokerplayer. Where do these so called pro's get off at slagging off us so called amateurs? He wants to change the main event to a shootout format to limit the risk of "chips that one of these donkeys can win off other donkeys". He says its too easy to get to eight million in chips without ever coming up against a pro. I am sick of hearing these pro's bleating about how hard done they are in the main event. They hark on about back in the day when it was all pro's at the final table (and probably more important to them there was only 20 runners). Have people like Negreanu not realised the link between us donkeys and the poker boom and without us he would still be turning tricks behind Vancouver bus station. Has he also not realised that our hard earnt rake on Pokerstars goes towards keeping him cheap hockey shirts. Most of the people in the main event have qualified or have bought in direct they could keep the money but no they decide to sit down and take their chance with $10K of their own money. They have earnt their right to be their more than he has and they have also earnt the right to play their cards in any way they choose. What gives him the right to call and belittle the very players that are upholding this game. Why turn the greatest MTT event of the year into a SnG championship???? He goes on to state that amateurs are dumbing down the game and we are changing it from a sophisticated game into a game of bingo and he is worried about the prestige of the game. PRESTIGE !! :@ PRESTIGE!! is this the same guy who gambling millions on Wii bowling and tennis and millions on a golf shot - thats what I call fckin dumb. The best of it all he has a go at Annette 15 for disrespecting the old pro's :lol I have written to Pokerstars to tell them I am withdrawing my roll as none of my money is going to that clown. From now on I will only be playing freerolls or large value tourneys on Pokerstars. It will not make a difference to Stars I'm a small fish but it will make me feel better.

Re: I'm really beginning to dislike Negreanu Fair enough. I read the interview and agreed with a lot of it, the main event is a complete lottery. Making the first days play a shootout would go a massive way to changing this. Every one starts day two with the same ammount of chips in what is then basically a $100,000 buy in event The real answer is to increase the buy in tenfold and this does it without excluding the "little guy"

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.