The Lay Liverpool System

Description: Just to set the record straight, I actually am not a Liverpool hater, and am in fact a big fan. However, i believe that Liverpool are generally overrated by the bookie pricemakers and have therefore decided to devise a system based on a solid stake lay of Liverpool for every match until the end of the season. With Liverpool generally odds on for most of their matches i believe that this system should guarantee profit towards the end of the season. NOTE: Although I shall be following this system because it has not been paper trailed i suggest that you think carfully before you wish to follow this system. Perhaps you may wish to leave it for a month or two to judge how the system is holding up. System: Lay Liverpool for 5pts for every Premiership, F.A. Cup, and Champions League match, with a starting bank of 100pts. Results: Starting bank: 100pts Current bank: 100pts Total staked: 0pts Number of bets: 0 Winning bets: 0 Losing bets: 0 Strike rate: 0% Yield: 0% Profit (or Loss): +0pts

Re: The Lay Liverpool System Thanks WorkingForTheEnemy. Since Liverpool have not won 8 of their 18 league games, and since I presume that Liverpool would have been very odds-on for a number of the games they won at home (Derby, Fulham and Portsmouth springs to mind), I think this would have proven successful so far this season in the league. And that's not withstanding the Cups, quite mediocre in the Champions League so far.

Re: The Lay Liverpool System Match 1: Man City 0-0 Liverpool Match Profit/Loss: +4.75pts Results: Starting bank: 100pts Current bank: 104.75pts Total staked: 5.70pts Number of bets: 1 Winning bets: 1 Losing bets: 0 Strike rate: 100% Yield: 83.33% Profit (or Loss): +4.75pts

Re: The Lay Liverpool System Well, congrats on the good start! I dunno though, using an estimate of prices for laying Liverpool, if I layed them for every Premiership match they played between since the 2000-2001 season, I'd have a hefty loss (around 16% by my estimates). If I bet on Liverpool to win every match since the 2000-2001 season (and I do have accurate odds for the price on Liverpool to win in these matches) , assuming level stakes: I'd lose -6.14 on the 141 home matches (loss of -4.35% on stakes) I'd lose -10.65 on the 141 away matches (loss of -7.55% on stakes) Overall loss: -16.79 on 282 matches, which is a loss of -5.9 % on stakes. Considering most bookies operate an overround of around 9% on their books, based on these figures you could argue that the bookies are slightly too generous in terms of the odds that they offer on Liverpool in the Premiership (because betting on Liverpool blindly in every match will offer you returns that beat the overround).

Re: The Lay Liverpool System

Well, congrats on the good start! I dunno though, using an estimate of prices for laying Liverpool, if I layed them for every Premiership match they played between since the 2000-2001 season, I'd have a hefty loss (around 16% by my estimates). If I bet on Liverpool to win every match since the 2000-2001 season (and I do have accurate odds for the price on Liverpool to win in these matches) , assuming level stakes: I'd lose -6.14 on the 141 home matches (loss of -4.35% on stakes) I'd lose -10.65 on the 141 away matches (loss of -7.55% on stakes) Overall loss: -16.79 on 282 matches, which is a loss of -5.9 % on stakes. Considering most bookies operate an overround of around 9% on their books, based on these figures you could argue that the bookies are slightly too generous in terms of the odds that they offer on Liverpool in the Premiership (because betting on Liverpool blindly in every match will offer you returns that beat the overround).
Interesting facts, but frankly anyone that is working with a bookie that has a 9% overround these days must be crazy. The average Overround on a Betfair market is close to 1%, plus you have 5% com on winnings, much better value I do agree though that there is no prospect of this system making money long term though

Re: The Lay Liverpool System Match 2: Liverpool 1-1 Wigan Match Profit/Loss: +4.75pts Results: Starting bank: 100pts Current bank: 109.50pts Total staked: 6.95pts Number of bets: 2 Winning bets: 2 Losing bets: 0 Strike rate: 100% Yield: 136.69% Profit (or Loss): +9.50pts

Re: The Lay Liverpool System Bet 3: Luton 1-1 Liverpool Bet Profit/Loss: +4.75pts Results: Starting bank: 100pts Current bank: 114.25pts Total staked: 8.75pts Number of bets: 3 Winning bets: 3 Losing bets: 0 Strike rate: 100% Yield: 163.86% Profit (or Loss): +14.25pts

Re: The Lay Liverpool System Yes i layed them at boro but unfortunately laid them last night and they won 5-0, although the exposure was pretty small. I don't always have the time to put up the selections and results on up here but they're pretty obvious. :) Maybe this system will balance out over a period of time but i feel that the bookies are still being far to stingy with Liverpools prices and shall continue to lay them for as long as that trend continues. Good luck all with your betting!

• 2 weeks later...