Call or Fold ?

Nade

As the title says: Table #5619451 - Infinity Starting Hand #276626624 Last Hand #276624863 Game Type: HOLD'EM Limit Type: NO LIMIT Table Type: RING Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.50/$1 Button is at seat 9 Seat 1: mugg78 - $100.65 Seat 2: renedes - $187.70 Seat 3: Nikoniko1 - $98 Seat 4: Wildefish - $193.48 Seat 5: dpierre - $118.30 Seat 6: Printul78 - $33.92 Seat 7: SWE66 - $97 Seat 8: Shandie888 - $48.50 Seat 9: duc59 - $71.15 Seat 10: 27Nade - $121.55 Moving Button to seat 10 mugg78 posts small blind ($0.50) renedes posts big blind ($1) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [7h 7c] to 27Nade Nikoniko1 folds Wildefish folds dpierre folds Printul78 folds SWE66 calls $1 Shandie888 folds duc59 raises to $2 27Nade calls $2 mugg78 folds renedes calls $2 SWE66 calls $2 Dealing Flop [As 7d 9d] renedes bets $8.50 SWE66 calls $8.50 duc59 folds 27Nade raises to $25.50 mugg78 cheers. renedes folds SWE66 calls $25.50 Dealing Turn [Ah] SWE66 checks 27Nade bets $10 SWE66 raises to $69.50 (all-in) 27Nade ? No read on the player,

Re: Call or Fold ? Stunned at the question. Your only behind to Pocket Aces or A9 or A7 Push, he's just made trip aces, your full house is going to rape him. There is no straight or flush draws on the board, he's holding AK, you're miles ahead

Re: Call or Fold ? Hard situation, haven't really played at that level before, so hard to judge. But in general, what range would be likely? Any Axo/Axs + any pp? Edit: there is a flushdraw on the table AJ, not that I think it's likely that will do him any good...

Re: Call or Fold ? You're also behind to pocket 9s How about we do this one properly ? It's Christmas after all. Rather than give gut feel answers, lets create a range of hands we think the villian could be on, and work out if the call is really +ev I'm going out now, but will have a bash at a hand range when I get back, unless anyone wants to have a go first. Let's get a hand range we all agree on if we can, then take it from there

Re: Call or Fold ? Okay, I'll have a go, this hand range would give huge ev+. Seeing as he's just calling PF and we have no read at all, we do not know if he plays his monsters or his weak hands this way. From the call I think the likely pp's are 99 and AA. Seeing as he might have a weak hand and might have a strong hand I'm going to go with any ace too. Don't know anything about the quality of the players at that level, but maybe I'll go with ATo+ and A2s+. This gives us a range that looks like this: [AA,99,A2s+,ATo+] Could add a hand for the chance that he's bluffing, but haven't done that. So the result is: Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 2,156 games 0.005 secs 431,200 games/sec Board: As 7d 9d Ah Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 75.696% 75.70% 00.00% 1632 0.00 { 7c7h } Hand 1: 24.304% 24.30% 00.00% 524 0.00 { AA, 99, A2s+, ATo+ } So your + EV is 51,392 which makes it a definate call. If the range is right of course. SO what are your guesses on the range?

Re: Call or Fold ?

This is just going to be a bad beat story int it :tongue2 He has AA or 99 or A9 or A7 or KK' date='QQ,JJ,TT,88 (and hits on river) .....[/quote'] Oh, I hope not. Haven't heard from the hooded warrior for ages, so I wouldn't want an unexpected bad beat story. Would SWE66 really run the risk of frightening you off if he had AA or A9? - NO. The only hand I'm worried about is 99, in which case you're really unlucky - CALL for me :ok

Re: Call or Fold ? Of course i call, as really there's only two hands im behind to - A9 or 99. The reason i started the thread wasn't bad beat it was as glceud touched on - the turn play. This is the outcome: 27Nade calls $69.50 SWE66 shows [9h Ad] 27Nade shows [7h 7c] Dealing River [3s] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 SWE66 has Full House, Aces over 9s SWE66 wins $204 with: Full House, Aces over 9s SWE66 cheers. Seat 1: mugg78 - $100.15 Seat 2: renedes - $177.20 Seat 3: Nikoniko1 - $98 Seat 4: Wildefish - $193.48 Seat 5: dpierre - $118.30 Seat 6: Printul78 - $33.92 Seat 7: SWE66 - $204 Seat 8: Shandie888 - $48.50 Seat 9: duc59 - $69.15 Seat 10: 27Nade - $24.55 End Of Hand #276626624 I knew i was beat and still called. What really can they be check re-raising all in with there? TBH i was just hoping they had AdKd which is what could explain the call on the flop, i wouldn't have just called with 2 pair on that flop. Back to the point - On the turn didn't really know how to play it. I don't like checking, so wanted to bet, but induce the re-raise as well, but as soon as they re-raised i was certain i was behind for some reason which is the information i wanted - and still called. :eyes. Is the only option to call and leave it as that, that happens in poker? or did i give myself all the warnings that i was beat and ended playing it badly? Really don't see it as a bad beat, they're not going to fold 2 pair, but only prob i have is the call by them but n/m. BTW - That's twice now recently i've lost all ins on this level having flopped a set of 7's, my new least favourite hand :( (other one was posted in chat section ;))

Re: Call or Fold ? " Is the only option to call and leave it as that, that happens in poker? or did i give myself all the warnings that i was beat and ended playing it badly? " Well, it was a genuine Q, sorry if people think it's a bad beat thread, think i'm mature enough now not to start disguised bad beat threads but seems like people think it is, oh well.

Re: Call or Fold ? lol - sorry mate - probably a little unfair of us :sad I disagree with your comment "I knew i was beat " - I dont think you could - I see him playing the same way with a lot of hands you are beating.... In addition, your $10 bet on the turn is a "scared" bet...he could be looking to punish that - with very little.... I just cannot see how you could get away from it - just one of those hands.... You limp pre flop with mid pair hoping to flop trips You bet it (pot sized ish) reraise when you hit the flop I like all of that :ok Your £10 bet on the turn is....erm.....pathetic :tongue2 If he's drawing, he's calling. Effect (in this specific hand) is the same though, when he shoves you call....

lol - sorry mate - probably a little unfair of us :sad I disagree with your comment "I knew i was beat " - I dont think you could - I see him playing the same way with a lot of hands you are beating.... In addition, your $10 bet on the turn is a "scared" bet...he could be looking to punish that - with very little.... I just cannot see how you could get away from it - just one of those hands.... You limp pre flop with mid pair hoping to flop trips You bet it (pot sized ish) reraise when you hit the flop I like all of that :ok Your £10 bet on the turn is....erm.....pathetic :tongue2 If he's drawing, he's calling. Effect (in this specific hand) is the same though, when he shoves you call....
Tx for the response ! :) Ok i 'felt' i was beat ;). I know that turn bet was dodgy and as you say they shove i call no matter what i bet on the turn so just one of those things. It might not seem like an everyday Q on here and it seems obvious to call or a badbeat thread but i'm really looking to probe the quality minds on PL about whether it is possible to lay down these hands in these situations as they say a 'big fold is as good as a big call' as we all aspire one day to be able to make the correct decisions consistently to become better players.

i'm really looking to probe the quality minds on PL about whether it is possible to lay down these hands in these situations as they say a 'big fold is as good as a big call' as we all aspire one day to be able to make the correct decisions consistently to become better players.
:lol Well you've had a quality reply from someone who cant beat 5c/10c :tongue2 Can it be laid down? Not for me, but that may also be why I struggle at cash games ;)

Re: Call or Fold ? It was a thinly disguised badbeat thread, and if you're really beating yourself up about it go and play some chess where there's no luck involved whatsoever! Sorry to sound a bit harsh but there's no way you can lay your hand down if you have no history on that guy, and I honestly believe you thought you were winning until the hands were turned.

It might not seem like an everyday Q on here and it seems obvious to call or a badbeat thread but i'm really looking to probe the quality minds on PL about whether it is possible to lay down these hands in these situations as they say a 'big fold is as good as a big call' as we all aspire one day to be able to make the correct decisions consistently to become better players.
Interesting bad beat thread :lol Easy question really Nade, if you start folding in that situation it is not a 'big fold' it is a scared one and time to give up ring games. And I agree the $10 on the turn was a waste of time I would have been shoving.

• 1 month later...