Hit by a Truck (part IV)

robilaruk

Hit by a Truck (part IV)  

1. 1.

• Call and see what happens on the river
    • Fold, they slowplayed the flop
    • Shove, they also have Ace rag and you are ahead with 2pair

okay am posting cash game hands as I am struggling from the shift from STT's which I have virtually exclusively played for the last 4 years This is my thought process I am on the SB with Ace rag suited - if I call for 1/2 a blind and hit a flush/draw I am going to win something/be able to bet someone off the pot - If I miss I can check fold when the Ace hit, I was waiting for the usual min bet from late position (as happened most hands it seems at this level) and was going to check raise the flop - however no one did bet! so I bet out the turn with 2 pair and get raised - am I folding, calling or shoving? Thanks Damo Turbo TH 16 (Real /Cash Game ) Seat 1: ilom_dk (15.83) Seat 2: lemon20 (8.49) Seat 3: robilaruk (2.41) Seat 4: Ice Bear (10.63) robilaruk post SB 0.05 Ice Bear post BB 0.10 ** Deal ** robilaruk [Ac, 3c] *** Bet Round 1 *** ilom_dk Call 0.10 lemon20 Call 0.10 robilaruk Call 0.10 Ice Bear Check *** Flop(Board): *** : [Ad, 7h, 10c] *** Bet Round 2 *** robilaruk Check Ice Bear Check ilom_dk Check lemon20 Check *** Turn(Board): *** : [Ad, 7h, 10c, 3s] *** Bet Round 3 *** robilaruk Bet 0.40 Ice Bear Fold ilom_dk Raise to 1.20 lemon20 Fold Whats my play please?

Re: Hit by a Truck (part IV) You're so short stacked you may as well shove or fold, no point calling unless you are sure you can fold to a bet on the river. But if you're gonna fold on the river, unless you hit another A or 3, you may as well fold here. Judging by the title of the thread he's probably got AT. :unsure However, he could have all manner of hands! :loon

Re: Hit by a Truck (part IV) Well I put him on bigger A like AJ, or TT/77... because he just called UTG, if he had AQ,AK or bigger than TT he would have raised pre-flop to narrow the field I think! I think you should shove, as it's the correct play, but depends on the image you have from the other player, is he tight? loose? if he is tight, just leave it... he probably has a set, if he is loose hit him hard :)

Re: Hit by a Truck (part IV) It's a suited ace, and it's just half a bet to see the flop, I would see it too. The problem was no betting on the flop ... if someone betted, I would have fold immediatly, but once the turn gave you 2pair well it's hard to let go of that hand now... the only reason to let it go is, as I said ... if the raising player is tight