** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Alense's Power Rating System

alense

Developed a power rating system for the premiership, la liga and serie A at the start of the season. So far results have been Prem: 31-11-3 La Liga: 4-4 Serie A: 12-12-5 Will explain the whole system during the week when I have more time. Plays are usually 1-2 units, very rarely 3 units. 1 unit is 1% of bankroll. Plays for today are: Prem Liverpool o Reading 1unit 1.68 Everton -1 o Fulham 2units 2.12 Newcastle o Birmingham 1unit 1.90 La Liga: Osasuna +0 o Valencia 1unit 2.05 Seire A: Palermo +0 o Fiorentina 2units 1.86

Re: Alense's Power Rating System For the sake of record keeping the bankroll will be a 1000 points and as stated above 1 unit will be 1% of bankroll. As we increase the bank by 100 points the 1% will be re-calculated, same will happen if bankroll decreases. Record after week 1: Prem: 2-1 +17.70 Serie A: 4-0 +66 La Liga: 1-0-1 +14.30 Total: 7-1-1 +98 New Bankroll: 1098 pts

Re: Alense's Power Rating System Hi guys. I try and find value between the odds offered and the odds that my system creates. I have decided that there are 3 important factors that determine what the odds on a match should be. I will use the Newcastle Birmingham game as an example. 1. Team Value First I assign a number to reflect the value of the squad of players in every team. For example this week Newcastle had a team value of 81.6 while Birmingham's was 65.3. Then I have a number to reflect the value of each manager; Newcastle 14 Birmingham 8. I also have a number that reflects a teams recent historical (last 5 seasons) performance (not sure how useful this is but it has been working so far) ; Newcastle 12 Birmingham 6 So in total Newcastle team value is 107.6 Birmingham team value 79.3 2. Home/Away winning% I have calculated the home and away winning % of every team for each of the last 5 seasons. I have then calculated the season average winning % for each team home and away. Newcastle 53.68 Birmingham 18.42 Then I look at the results of this fixture over the last 5 seasons. For every win a team gets an extra 10. Newcastle have won this fixture 3 times and Birmingham 1 time. Therefore in this section Newcastle have a further 83.68 and Birmingham 28.42 3. Team Form Initially I was using quite a complicated procedure to assign a number to team form. This was too time consuming so I now use a website which uses a similar method to calculate this number. The website is http://www.sfstats.net/index.php Newcastle form 9 Birmingham form 23 Overall Newcastle's rating for this game is 200.28 and Birmingham's is 130.72. The difference is 69.56. I have a table which I created that equates a difference of 69.56 to odds of 1.80 So my fair odds for Newcastle is 1.80 and I was able to get odds of 1.90. If the difference between my odds and the odds offered is between 0.10 - 0.20 then it is a 1unit bet, diff. of 0.20 - 0.30 2units and so on. You would be surprised how often my odds almost are identical to those on offer. I have not gone through everything in detail as I would be here all night, so if there are any questions or comments feel free to respond.

Re: Alense's Power Rating System Thanks guys. Hi OLeg, reason i cant use this for lower leagues is because I do not have enough knowledge on the teams to accuratly value the squads and the managers etc. I think you are right and there would be probably a greater advantage however a good knowledge of the league is essential. I will try and get either the Serie A or La Liga plays up tomorrow for the weekend along with the calculations.

Re: Alense's Power Rating System Saturday plays: Prem: Middlesbrough o Derby 20pts @ 2.42 Bolton +0.5 o Man City 20.20pts @ 1.99 Aston Villa o Sunderland 10pts @ 2.35 Portsmouth o Tottenham 10pts @ 2.32 Everton +0 o West Ham 10pts @ 2.00 Blackburn o Wigan 20pts @ 2.27 Newcastle +0 o Fulham 10pts @ 2.04

Re: Alense's Power Rating System Saturday plays: Prem: Middlesbrough o West Ham 10pts @ 2.38 Reading o Sunderland 10.50pts @ 1.95 Man City +0 o Aston Villa 10pts @ 2.84 Serie A: Parma o Genoa 5pts @ 4.7 La Liga: Almeria o Getafe 10pts @ 2.56 Sevilla o Santander 14.70pts @ 1.68

Re: Alense's Power Rating System Sundays plays: Prem: Chelsea o Blackburn 10pts @ 1.92 Serie A: Inter o Milan 10pts @ 2.54 Napoli o Torino 10pts @ 2.24 La Liga: Betis +0 & +0.5 o Valladolid 10pts @ 2.10 Deportivo o Levante 10pts @ 2.62 Atletico Madrid o Espanyol 10pts @ 2.09 Real Madrid +0 & +0.5 o Barcelona 10pts @ 2.25

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Alense's Power Rating System Prem plays: Portsmouth o Sunderland 10pts @ 2.80 Blackburn o Bolton 10pts @ 2.78 Serie A plays: Livorno +0.5 o Torino 10pts @ 2.00 Udinese o Cagliari 10pts @ 2.58 Cant believe the system picked Chelsea, Everton and Wigan yesterday and I forgot to bet them or post. Dont you hate it when that happens!

Re: Alense's Power Rating System Hi Alense and All punter I'm new betting strategy ,I like Alense system. But I don't understand some calculation. If Alense or some punter have a short time please check below my calculation is right or not, Thank you I select spread from Bet365 today Por Tblazers 1 ATL hawks -1 Por Tblazers win% = 600 ATL hawks win% = 472 600 - 472 = 128 128/20 = 6.4 6.4 -1 (the spread) = 5.4 .......... and after that I don't understand calculate ........................ for home court advantage is plus 3 or minus 3 6.4 -3 or 6.4+3 if 6.4 - 3 (home court advantage)=3.4 not play (right or not) if 6.4 + 3(home court advantage)=9.7 not play (right or not)