** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December I just made a wager ACM to win @ 2.48 for 24 units Game Under 2.5 @ 1.52 For 40 units. The way i capp this game Celtic is 1 point out of possible 42 on the road.Ty for the info ScottishBhoy87 . The way i can lose this wager (total loss)game ends up 2:2 or Celtic wins with a total over 2.5 . GL.

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December

You know' date=' all of you are so sure for Milan win or draw. But I remember well Russia and England. That was also sure wins. And if I'm right Celtic beat ManU last season on Old Trafford. Well I'll think it over and maybe I'll put a small stake 1/10 or 2/10 on away win.[/quote'] Nah mate, we beat Man Utd at Celtic Park but lost 3-2 at Old Trafford. I'm still struggling to believe the 2.6 which was on offer for Milan, I see now even on Betfair, most prices are down to 11/10. I've never bet against Celtic but at those odds with our away record i was very/ still am tempted. To get a point we will need to replicate our performance in the San Siro in the knockout stages last season where we were excellent defensively and should have had a penalty. We rode our luck at times in that game as Milan hit the woodwork several times and once again we will probably require a bit of luck. It will be interesting to see how Milan set out their stall, it could be one to bet on in running ( not for me I'll be in the pub) as its hard to say how much their players minds will wander to events in Tokyo next week. I'd recommend a home win at those odds but won't be punting myself and praying for a draw! Still think our best chance to qualify lies with Benfica who played well at Celtic Park and at home to Milan last week. Good luck all, mon the hoops ;)

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December Shaktar vs Benfica 0,6 units in 1 or more red cards at 5,00 at Betfair This game can go many ways... If Shaktar wins and Celtic loses, they go to the Champions League next phase... If they draw or Celtic dont lose they will go to the Uefa Cup. If they lost they are out of european competitions. So you can imagine the pressure that Shaktar players have in their shoulders, how ansious they will be to win and to know the result of the other game. And how angry could they get if Celtic maintain a good result until the second half, or it Benfica scores. Looking in the other way, Benfica needs to win to get in the Uefa Cup. Any other way Benfica is out. And if this happens, it will be the first time Benfica are the last in their group. The players wont want to make this kind of history, and they will play as harder as they can. So you can predict 22 nervous players, helped by a stadium totally full and with a noisy supporters. The pressure will be high also in the referee, and who is it? Kyros Vassaras, a referee that greek people says that normally helps a bit the home team. And if you look at the discipline of this referee, you can see that in the last 3 games in the Champions he give 16 yellow cards and 2 red cards. Also, Bynia incident in Celtic make publicity that Benfica is a hard team so any normal foul can bring a yellow card. Good luck, http://picks4profit.maisapostas.com/

You got a point there abouth the Brazilians playing in the Ukraine nicko but, believe me, a "brazilian is a brazilian"....it's a cultural thing. They like the sun, the samba, nice women and a beer or a "cachaça"...the opposite of cold weather :). You're right, Benfica winning will chear me up big time (but also Celtic fans for sure ;)) and I try to keep my analysis on Benfica as unbiased as possible but it is hard (not easy to bet against your team). :cheers
:ok

:ok
Thanks nicko, it sure felt good (being a Benfica fan...):ok. For once, Benfica had fewer chances but were very effective and controlled the game with striker Oscar Cardozo (I'll say it again, he's the player with more shots on goal in the CL but keeps hitting the post and the cross bar all the time...) finally showing he's worth the money Benfica paid for him at the start of the season.
My picks for tomorrow: Milan-Celtic (again) One point is enough for Milan to assure 1st place and for Celtic to make sure they're in the next round. Therefore, bookies are thinking both teams will be playing slow and "with the clock" not taking any risks at all. This might very well be the case but having the title holders at that price against any team is a good price...and with Celtic poor away record (1 point out of the last 42 possible???) it is even better. Ancelotti said Milan will play with his best players and will play to win...let's see... Worth a bet on Milan IMO. My pick: home win; won Shakhtar-Benfica Both teams are in a "must win" situation (Shakhtar in order to assure a UEFA Cup spot and still have a slight chance of qualifying to the next round of the CL, Benfica because it is the only chance for them to qualify to the next round of the UEFA Cup). With the quality Benfica showed overall and all the goal opportunities they created and missed in all of the games I think it is unfair for them to be in this position but that's the way it is. The weather is very bad in the Ukraine (snow and very cold) but this will affect both teams as Shakhtar also has many Brazilians and Italian Lucarelli in the team. Benfica saw Petit (Portuguese International Midfielder) and David Luiz (Brazilian Under-20 Centre Back International) back in the team, from injury, against Milan (their 1st CL game this season) and with them in the lineup Benfica is a much better team. I think anything can happen in this game and see good value in taking Benfica not to lose. My pick: away +0.5AH (Asian Handicap) won Good luck! JC
Gotta tell you guys, it sure feels good to catch the bookies "off guard" (which is very rare) once in a while like today in the Milan-Celtic game :lol :cheers :ok... ...Lisbon and Portugal sure are a "lucky charm" for Celtic. It was in Lisbon (Portugal) that Celtic won their European Trophy in the 60's...and Benfica's win tonight helped Celtic moving to the next stage of the CL. Good luck for the next stage to all the Celtic friends here in the forum and come back to Lisbon again next year (we sure enjoy your visit as it means that we're both in the CL ;)...). I sure hope Benfica makes it far in the UEFA Cup. :cheers JC

Thanks nicko, it sure felt good (being a Benfica fan...):ok. For once, Benfica had fewer chances but were very effective and controlled the game with striker Oscar Cardozo (I'll say it again, he's the player with more shots on goal in the CL but keeps hitting the post and the cross bar all the time...) finally showing he's worth the money Benfica paid for him at the start of the season. Gotta tell you guys, it sure feels good to catch the bookies "off guard" (which is very rare) once in a while like today in the Milan-Celtic game :lol :cheers :ok... ...Lisbon and Portugal sure are a "lucky charm" for Celtic. It was in Lisbon (Portugal) that Celtic won their European Trophy in the 60's...and Benfica's win tonight helped Celtic moving to the next stage of the CL. Good luck for the next stage to all the Celtic friends here in the forum and come back to Lisbon again next year (we sure enjoy your visit as it means that we're both in the CL ;)...). I sure hope Benfica makes it far in the UEFA Cup. :cheers JC
Cheers mate, thanks a lot to Benfica! As i said earlier i always felt our best chance of progressing stood with Benfica as after a poor start to the group yous really played well, unlike Shakhtar who faded away. Yup the magic of Lisbon lives on after tonight, I think Benfica can go far in the UEFA Cup, a more than decent side. Wouldn't mind Oporto though in the next round, some unfinished business there ;)

Entitled to my opinion fella. Even Gordon McQueen said at the end of the game he could not believe how Celtic won the match, how Shaktar were the better side, should have been 2 up, but if you wish to be blinded by the loyalty to your club thats fine. Besides it matters little as we all know Celtic will just be making up the numbers, decent enough at home but truly awful away

Mate your speaking bulls*it!! Shaktar were not the better team at Parkhead let me assure you' date=' I was there, Celtic had 60% possesion, the most out of any of the teams playing in the champions league that night, Celtic came back strongly after loosing a goal in the 4th minute and Shaktar resorted to diving about the pitch after taking the lead to try break up Celtics play, so please dont post false information thanks

So your telling me a club who has 60% possession in a Champions League match (the most out of any teams playing that night in the competition) are 'outplayed' by the other side?? Shaktar did have their chances (as you would expect most teams at that level to have ) however so did Celtic, Jarosik missed an absolute sitter on the stroke of half time that should have made it 2-1......You obviously never seen the game or witnessed the Ukranians tactics of diving around the pitch, wasting time and basically un-sporting behaviour, maybe if they had concentrated on increasing their lead instead of going down every time there was a slight bit of contact they would in fact have deserved to win the game. Your correct that your entitled to your opinion fella, however I just thought id inform the rest of the punters that your description of that game was rubbish!

And
perhaps you know more about football than Gordon McQueen as well then!! 60% possession means nothing - its what you do with it that counts. By all means express your opinion and disagree but using the word bullsh*t is both insulting and childlike. I don't take that much interest in the mickey mouse league to be honest but did hear the summary from Gordon McQueen who I respect as a pundit. I know you fella's north of the border are somewhat defensive, but nobodies opinion is rubbish, its their opinion, I think the fact you clearly support Celtic could be rubbish but thats your choice and I would never call you for that. Obviously upset you but don't know how. Concentrate on expressing your views by all means instead of slagging me off

And First of all you cant know much about football if you think 60% possession at Champions League level means nothing. Secondly, is it not possible Gordon McQueen got it wrong?? I was at the game, you may say i would say Celtic deserved it because I support them, but I'm sure im not the only one who thinks so. You are basically admitting you never seen the game and are expressing statements on false and inaccurate knowledge. My advice to you would be to only state facts, fair enough have an opinion, but stating something like Shaktar 'outplayed' Celtic is just nonesense. And thirdly, your saying me calling you statement 'bulls*it' is childish?, yet you have the audacity to comment on Scottish people being defence and call our league micky mouse? Not only is this highly childish but also very offensive to Scottish people and I wont be surprised if the moderators of this forum have something to say about that also!!

Listen Scottish bhoys - fact - I am entitled to my opinion, I would never give it to mislead anyone as I ONLY ever suggest bets that I will place myself, so I put my money where my mouth is - yes I lost which is fair enough. The reference to Mickey Mouse league was a joke (which obviouly you took the wrong way). I know alot of Scottish people and they admit themselves to being very defensive when it comes to criticism being levelled at their teams. Correct, I only saw the highlights but as I watched the sky reports Gordon McQueens regular updates had it that Celtic were very very lucky to get a win on the night. Now I don't know if he is Rangers in disguise or has issues with Celtic but I respect his opinion. At the end of the day, you commenced this arguement by using the term bullsh*t. By all means tell other punters why I am perhaps mistaken, but you have no right to speak about me in that way. And for your info I know plenty about football - yes, 60% possession is a decent amount but like I said, they went into the lead and were obviously happy to soak up some pressure and hit you on the break. I have seen plenty of Man united games where we have only 40-45% possession away at places like Liverpool and Arsenal and still deservedly come home with the points. Fair enough we disagree, but I honestly think the moderators have better things to do the chastise me over some minor squabble. I look forward to your future tips bearing in mind I am not allowed an opinion and you clearly have superior knowledge to me, Gordon McQueen and probably everyone else on here.

Listen Scottish bhoys - fact - I am entitled to my opinion, I would never give it to mislead anyone as I ONLY ever suggest bets that I will place myself, so I put my money where my mouth is - yes I lost which is fair enough. The reference to Mickey Mouse league was a joke (which obviouly you took the wrong way). I know alot of Scottish people and they admit themselves to being very defensive when it comes to criticism being levelled at their teams. Correct, I only saw the highlights but as I watched the sky reports Gordon McQueens regular updates had it that Celtic were very very lucky to get a win on the night. Now I don't know if he is Rangers in disguise or has issues with Celtic but I respect his opinion. At the end of the day, you commenced this arguement by using the term bullsh*t. By all means tell other punters why I am perhaps mistaken, but you have no right to speak about me in that way. And for your info I know plenty about football - yes, 60% possession is a decent amount but like I said, they went into the lead and were obviously happy to soak up some pressure and hit you on the break. I have seen plenty of Man united games where we have only 40-45% possession away at places like Liverpool and Arsenal and still deservedly come home with the points. Fair enough we disagree, but I honestly think the moderators have better things to do the chastise me over some minor squabble. I look forward to your future tips bearing in mind I am not allowed an opinion and you clearly have superior knowledge to me, Gordon McQueen and probably everyone else on here.
First of all, have I not said your entitled to your opinion? I briefly mentioned your statemnent on the Celtic Shaktar game was absolute tripe! Yes I already know you got your information from the legendary 'Gordon McQueen' but I merely stated that your summary of the game was wrong - I done this to stop other punters using your 'facts' in their betting! And in response to your Scottish people are all defensive remarks and your 'micky mouse' description of the SPL.....these were far more insulting than me calling your description of the Celtic game 'bulls*it' however if it infuriates you that much I will describe your future posts as something less severe! And with all due respect I believe 60% in a Champions League game stands or more than in a domestic game! Cant see us agreeing so I think this should be the end of this conversation!