** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December

Tuesday 4 December 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Milan v Celtic (19:45 GMT)2.761.977.40101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Totals Over/Under2nd Half PenaltyBookings PointsClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfKick-OffLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardSubstitutions UsedTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team With Most CornersTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsWin Both HalvesWin Either Halfoffer.gif
Shakhtar v Benfica (19:45 GMT)1.803.855.30101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Handicap1st Half Totals Over/Under2nd Half PenaltyBoth Teams To ScoreClean SheetCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal MethodFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Goalscorer (Each Way)First Goalscorer (Insurebet)First Team to ScoreFirst Yellow Card TeamHalf-time Asian HandicapHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time Lead & Fail to WinHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHighest Scoring HalfKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreMatch and Total GoalsNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+QuadpickRed CardScore in Both HalvesSubstitutions UsedTeam Goals in MatchTeam Not to ScoreTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Team To Score a PenaltyTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Score and WinTo Win to NilTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWill A Penalty Be Scored In 1st HalfWin 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
AC Milan need to play in the World Club Championships next week so the group matches within Group D have been brought forward a week to allow AC to prepare.

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December Milan will be focused on the World Club Championship and since they've already qualified and a draw wins the group then I can see a more tentative footballing display from both sides (Arsenal v Porto?????) Only slight worry is the possible reacgtion to the Dida incident...:spank But I'm with you, a draw will suit me fine.:ok

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December

Milan will be focused on the World Club Championship and since they've already qualified and a draw wins the group then I can see a more tentative footballing display from both sides
Even so, under Evens looks a bit too much in this case! In any case I think it's better to await final lineup confirmation an hour before KO tomorrow to make a more informed decision. But certainly Milan could be worth a small punt here.

Even so, under Evens looks a bit too much in this case! In any case I think it's better to await final lineup confirmation an hour before KO tomorrow to make a more informed decision. But certainly Milan could be worth a small punt here.
Understand that a draw will do both teams, but surely Milan wont sit back first half and 'take it easy' I think with so much publicity over recent match fixing scandals in Italy they will want to show they are out to win the game, I really cant see them sitting back here, maybe with 10 mins to go if its 0-0 they might take the foot off the gas but think the bookies have this one wrong. Milan manager stated yesterday that he is going to play a pretty much full stregnth team tommorow night, lets just hope the 'make-shift' celtic defence can withstand the early pressure, in some ways im glad he aint playing the team full of kids as they would be out to show what they can do, and thats not what Celtic want.....MON THE HOOPS!! :ok

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December Odds of 2.7 for the following double Shakhtar win and Celtic/Milan under 2.5 goals If Milan take the lead they will just sit back and rest knowing a draw will do. They will not want to lose at the San Siro. Celtic are poor away from home but will have more hunger than Milan. Can see this being a tight game with Celtic hardly going gung ho unless they go a goal down. Shaktar were by far the better side at Celtic and extremly unlucky to lose. Not many teams go to Celtic and outplay them on their own turf. They are strong at home and although Benfica can get into the UEFA cup with a win, I can see Shakhtar winning this. Decent odds for a very feasible double GL everyone

Milan at 2.76..?? against Celtic?? who have 1 point out of a possible 42 away from home in Europe?? Bookies know something I dont know?? :\ Certainly hope so :ok
One point is enough for Milan to assure 1st place and for Celtic to make sure they're in the next round. Therefore, bookies are thinking both teams will be playing slow and "with the clock" not taking any risks at all. This might very well be the case but having the title holders at that price against any team is a good price...and with Celtic away record it is even better. Ancelotti said Milan will play with his best players and will play to win...let's see... Worth a bet IMO. JC

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December My picks for tomorrow: Milan-Celtic (again) One point is enough for Milan to assure 1st place and for Celtic to make sure they're in the next round. Therefore, bookies are thinking both teams will be playing slow and "with the clock" not taking any risks at all. This might very well be the case but having the title holders at that price against any team is a good price...and with Celtic poor away record (1 point out of the last 42 possible???) it is even better. Ancelotti said Milan will play with his best players and will play to win...let's see... Worth a bet on Milan IMO. My pick: home win; Shakhtar-Benfica Both teams are in a "must win" situation (Shakhtar in order to assure a UEFA Cup spot and still have a slight chance of qualifying to the next round of the CL, Benfica because it is the only chance for them to qualify to the next round of the UEFA Cup). With the quality Benfica showed overall and all the goal opportunities they created and missed in all of the games I think it is unfair for them to be in this position but that's the way it is. The weather is very bad in the Ukraine (snow and very cold) but this will affect both teams as Shakhtar also has many Brazilians and Italian Lucarelli in the team. Benfica saw Petit (Portuguese International Midfielder) and David Luiz (Brazilian Under-20 Centre Back International) back in the team, from injury, against Milan (their 1st CL game this season) and with them in the lineup Benfica is a much better team. I think anything can happen in this game and see good value in taking Benfica not to lose. My pick: away +0.5AH (Asian Handicap) Good luck! JC

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December AC Milan - Celtic At these strange odds no bet for me. I simply hope Celtic get that point there, all Strachan has to do to make his chances bigger is watch Milan at home to Torino, Empoli and Parma. True , in those games Milan were out to win, while in this game a draw is O.K. and if Italians are approaching a game with such attitude, they can beat anyone. Smells like Under to me so I am not bothered with this game, will keep my fingers crossed for Celtic. Shakhtar - Benfica. JC, I am afraid your reasoning about the weather is not strong enough, true the Brasilians probably hate it, but they live and train/play with it all the time, some of them far more then just one season. I can only see Benfica take something out of this game if they survive the first half. It is not the weather that will be that much of help to the home side, it is a very good team with very experienced manager that makes Shakhtar a clear favourite in this game. Surely all teams from Portugal are experts in defending, but Benfica imo still lack that Porto-touch in such deciders. Another no bet for me atm, if I place a bet it will lean toward the home side. For sure though will follow this game on the in-play, as an early goal might open it up for one of my favourite Overs. Fingers crossed for Benfica which will chear you up big time I guess.

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December Milan @ 2.65 for me....Milan are NOT playing to draw at all, They will play to take all 3 as they are looking for a morale boosting result. Celtic woes on the road should continue in this one as they have quite a few important missings where as Milan will play a very strong side with Ronaldo and Jankulovski missing. Also, Celtic DO NOT Absolutely need a point in this game as it is possible the other game between Shaktar and Benfica COULD draw, obviously they don't want to count on that as it is in there hands now but still wouldn't be shocked to see that one draw although Shaktar should win. MILAN @ 2.65.... Prediction 2-0.

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December I have to agree about how the value is screaming on AC Milan! Any normal time I would be shouting from the rooftops DRAW, however Italian football at the moment is in crisis over alleged match fixing and the obvious incident the other week were the Police killed a fan. On a midweek fixture especially arranged by UEFA to help their representative to have enough recovery time for The World Club Championship game the spotlight will be firmly on this game as the last thing Italian Football needs is another accusation of match fixing! UEFA i'm sure will also not want another allegation towards an Italian team especially after them bringing this game forward. On a day of very little football the eyes of Europe will be on the San Siro. Celtic must come away from this match with a point if they are to progress, a win takes them to the top of the group! However Celtic have not won a European away match since 13 August 2003, when they defeated MTK Budapest 0-4 in Hungary. It was the Scottish champions' only victory in 15 attempts on their CL travels. AC Milan have won their last three CL home matches, and are undefeated in five. AC Milan will want to win this group to enable to get a better fixture in the knockout stages. People will say that whoever you get in the knockout stages are going to be tough anyhows but with Chelsea, Barcelona, Man Utd and Inter Milan already confirmed as group winners, I'm sure AC Milan's priority here is group winners! and not wanting to court controversy and to not put UEFA in a difficult position after their help in bringing this game forward I can only see one out come AC Milan WIN. Celtic's European away form only adds to the strength of this pick! AC Milan I envisage will get an early goal and then they will exploit Celtic on the counter attack thus betting unders may also be a risky proposition! Bookies I think have this fixture wrong and have the draw nailed down! It's rare when the bookies offer such odds for a home win and the circumstances of this game is shrouding their judgement, knowing a draw for both teams see them both advance, but as stated previously all eyes will be on them and any sniff of a fixed game and the wrath of UEFA will come down on them both! AC Milan win @2.60 VC bet :ok .

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December I REMEMBER LAST YEAR BOOKIES HAD 1.5 IN PORTO-ARESNAL AND IT FINNISHED 0-0 BUT PORTO WAS THE HOMESIDE AND IT WAS RESONABLE BECUASE BOTH WENT FURTHER.BUT FROM THIS ONE TO OFFER MILAN 2.6 AT HOME WITH CELTIC,,,A TEAM WHICH DON'T PLAY NOTHING AWAY IT LONG WAY.I CANT BELIEVE IT SOME I'M GOING ON MILAN WITH MEDIUM STAKES BECAUSE I CAN'T REFUSE THIS ODDS ..CAN U???:ok

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December Hi all, everyone seems to be on milan or draw. im going for a Milan win here. mostly because of Celtics poor away form. But the gamebreaker for me is KAKA... coz he just got his Ballon d'Or award, and shud be keen to show the world that he is the real deal. (c.ronaldo got 2 goals ysterday,2nd place) so i think, KAKA will show his class for this match gud luck all pick: milan -0.5

AC Milan - Celtic At these strange odds no bet for me. I simply hope Celtic get that point there, all Strachan has to do to make his chances bigger is watch Milan at home to Torino, Empoli and Parma. True , in those games Milan were out to win, while in this game a draw is O.K. and if Italians are approaching a game with such attitude, they can beat anyone. Smells like Under to me so I am not bothered with this game, will keep my fingers crossed for Celtic. Shakhtar - Benfica. JC, I am afraid your reasoning about the weather is not strong enough, true the Brasilians probably hate it, but they live and train/play with it all the time, some of them far more then just one season. I can only see Benfica take something out of this game if they survive the first half. It is not the weather that will be that much of help to the home side, it is a very good team with very experienced manager that makes Shakhtar a clear favourite in this game. Surely all teams from Portugal are experts in defending, but Benfica imo still lack that Porto-touch in such deciders. Another no bet for me atm, if I place a bet it will lean toward the home side. For sure though will follow this game on the in-play, as an early goal might open it up for one of my favourite Overs. Fingers crossed for Benfica which will chear you up big time I guess.
You got a point there abouth the Brazilians playing in the Ukraine nicko but, believe me, a "brazilian is a brazilian"....it's a cultural thing. They like the sun, the samba, nice women and a beer or a "cachaça"...the opposite of cold weather :). You're right, Benfica winning will chear me up big time (but also Celtic fans for sure ;)) and I try to keep my analysis on Benfica as unbiased as possible but it is hard (not easy to bet against your team). :cheers

In Betfair Milan -0 @ 1,33 No loss if draw

Odds of 2.7 for the following double Shakhtar win and Celtic/Milan under 2.5 goals If Milan take the lead they will just sit back and rest knowing a draw will do. They will not want to lose at the San Siro. Celtic are poor away from home but will have more hunger than Milan. Can see this being a tight game with Celtic hardly going gung ho unless they go a goal down. Shaktar were by far the better side at Celtic and extremly unlucky to lose. Not many teams go to Celtic and outplay them on their own turf. They are strong at home and although Benfica can get into the UEFA cup with a win, I can see Shakhtar winning this. Decent odds for a very feasible double GL everyone
Mate your speaking bulls*it!! Shaktar were not the better team at Parkhead let me assure you, I was there, Celtic had 60% possesion, the most out of any of the teams playing in the champions league that night, Celtic came back strongly after loosing a goal in the 4th minute and Shaktar resorted to diving about the pitch after taking the lead to try break up Celtics play, so please dont post false information thanks

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December IMHO the bet of the day would be AC MILAN - Clean Sheet. I do not see Celtic scoring as for the following reasons: 1) Their play will be open and a passing game 2) Trying to break Milan's flow and stall the game 3) Pay more attention to defence than offence 4) Wilson, Doumbe and Kennedy all injured for Celtic Good Luck to all Alex

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December I have gone with a AC Milan/Shak D double paying a juicy 4.70. I don't no much about the Shak game and are only backing them because i like betting on home teams in the Champions league. As for the Ac Milan game like everyone else i think 2.50 is way to high for a Milan win. Although if Milan are not ahead at the first break they probably won't win so a AC MILAN/ACMILAN halftime fulltime double @5.00 might be a better bet.

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December can't help think the price of the over 2.5 goals is too high at 2.75 with vc and skybet and 2.85 on betdaq. 4 of 5 milan games so far in this group have ended over 2.5 goals and this has to be worth a small wager. Though it is more likely to be an under it seems the bookies have vastly over-reacted here. Milan can score goals, celtic's defence is very brittle and milan's defence is a little slow as well. Worth opposing the crowd and placing a small wager on the over, tight games like this sometimes cause jitters in defence and openings for goals.

can't help think the price of the over 2.5 goals is too high at 2.75 with vc and skybet and 2.85 on betdaq. 4 of 5 milan games so far in this group have ended over 2.5 goals and this has to be worth a small wager. Though it is more likely to be an under it seems the bookies have vastly over-reacted here. Milan can score goals, celtic's defence is very brittle and milan's defence is a little slow as well. Worth opposing the crowd and placing a small wager on the over, tight games like this sometimes cause jitters in defence and openings for goals.
Mate if you believe overs is a good bet @2.75 please consider AcMilan/AcMilan hlf/full double @5.00 BIG VALUE TO ME. :ok GOODLUCK THOUGH

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December cheers syd was considering that as well, but milan are just a little too frustrating at breaking teams down early for my liking. good luck to everyone on what they play tonight will be a tough one and wouldn't invest too much money on it.

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December AC Milan/Shakhtar double for me. I'm just repeating reasons given above - Milan will want to avoid any fixing allegations etc. They've scored more than twice the goals of anyone elsen in the group and they're at home. Shakhtar are simply the superior team and again, at home. I've also taken ht/ft Milan with low stakes! Good luck.

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December You know, all of you are so sure for Milan win or draw. But I remember well Russia and England. That was also sure wins. And if I'm right Celtic beat ManU last season on Old Trafford. Well I'll think it over and maybe I'll put a small stake 1/10 or 2/10 on away win.

Re: Champions League Group D Tuesday 4 December Odds are clearly moving toward home win in the Milan game. I refuse 101% to think of a fix, not in CL, not when everybody will be watching this particular game. AC Milan is class above Celtic and they should win it. The reason I still hope Celtic is capable of getting that crucial point is Milan's home record in Serie A - everyone here is aware how bad Cetic are away in CL, still everyone tends to forget how bad Milan is at home in the domestic league. True, the pressure is more on Celtic, but so is the pressure on every team going to San Siro. I have seen every home game of the hosts this season, pure joke. Any outcome from 4-0 down to 0-0 is possible to me , so clearly NO BET. For sure the only way the bookies will make money on this one is away win, but there again stranger things happened in CL this year - Rosenborg got 6 out of 6 points from Valencia. Good luck everyone