Haydock 24/11

bowles10

Re: Haydock 24/11 1.05 Pouvoir This is the 3rd time I'm siding with Pouvoir this season I still rate him a lot and know he'l pick up one of these races soon (hopefully today). Gwanako looks a real smart horse beating Pouvoir first time up when giving a stone away today he has to give a further 2lbs which won't be easy. Pouvoir has ran very well since then and has got his soft ground today 5/1 nice price today. 1.35 Ungaro 11/1, Old Benny 12/1, De Soto 18/1 all e/w Had a good look at this last night and narrowed it down to three I hope. Old Benny, Ungaro and De Soto I'm going to back them all three only small each way. All have good form on the going and there form has worked out well. None of them look to high in the weights. Taranis could well bolt up but what peice of hurdling form makes him 2/1? he has some top chase form but but his hurdling form doesn't look anywhere near as good as some of these.

Re: Haydock 24/11 Old Benny 1.35 Haydock A good 2nd on his debut this season after finishing off last season with back to back victories in the novice hurdles. Alan king (22%sr here) won this last year and of the 2 entries all eyes might be on Halcon Genelardias but this 2nd string loves the testing conditions could run well at a fair price.

Re: Haydock 24/11 Morning lads, i don't know much about the horses, but me and the lads are off for our xmas drink to haydock today, so the tips would be very handy. Also if it helps any i live a minute from the track and it has been raining since i got up a 7.30 and doesn't really look like stopping, it didn't freeze here overnight either. Don't know if that help any. Hopefully get a few winner and a few :beer:beer:beer

Re: Haydock 24/11 1.05 Degas Art @ 11/2 5 pts e.w. Granted in a finish it does not always seem willing but it still has decent form in the book against the likes of Kathcit who is never easy to beat in a tight finish and therefore at an e.w price it is not the worse bet around. 1.35 Taranis @ 9/4 10 pts win On the figures it has a fair bit in hand from its chase form and last year when switched to hurdles its battling type of running produced a good, battling and typical Taranis victory. Things do not always work like this but i think the trip is ok as it does stay and a bold run expected, De Soto @ 18/1 5 pts e.w. Could turn out to be a big price here. A big recent purchase for the BJK conncetions and a leading novice last year, a good run on a decent Supreme at Cheltenham and also thrashed Blythe Knight who is about third in the market for the Champion Hurdle. They have moved it up in trip so it will be intersting to see how it goes at the extended trip but no doubt it has a lot of ability and a big price. 2.05 Kauto Star @ Evens 20 pt win. It was this race last year when this one excelled and put up its best performance of last year at least in a visual sense and there was no doubt about it staying in that race form Ollie Magern's strong gallop and it will be similar today. With the benefit of the run last time I think it will be hard to beat as Exotic Dancer was very disappointing last time and I cant quite see an excuse for a defeat so bad, MWDS despite immense potential could need the run, does not have a greta record fresh and can still be in and out with his performances during a season, Turpin Green is the darkhorse here imo and if the was 8 runners it would be a definite e.w choice. It likes Haydock, goes well fresh and arguably was a bit unlucky in the Gold Cup. 2.35 Heez a Dreamer 11/2 5 pts e.w Cloudy Lane 11/2 5 pts e.w. Two here who both have decent form in patches and both a more improvement in them as well. Heez a Dreamer has been running in some good races and beating some good types, L'Antartique last year and was running on a touch in its last run at Cheltenham. Cloudy Lane won at Cheltenham and in the future looks a sure fire national type who stays strongly and bravely and is well respected. 3.10 Brave Villa 8/1 5 pts e.w Brave by name and by nature as this one often fights hard in a battle and certainly did last year and started the season off with another typical type win at the start of the new season and it still might be not to badly treated and still seems to be getting better.

Re: Haydock 24/11 1.35 FAIR QUESTION-Stable in good form and have plenty of runners out today all worth a 2nd look imo.This horse is a bit out of the handicap but at 16/1 looks value e/w back over hurdles today. 1.35 RAMBLING MINSTER-Should be running on at the finish.Stable 2nd string but i would rather back it at 40/1 E/W 2.35 LIMBERICK BOY-A bit quirky if in the mood can go well at 20/1 i will take that chance e/w.The wetter the better for this horse. 3.45 DON'T TELL LOUIE-Stable do well in bumpers.If fancied fto there will be good market support i would think.James Revely is a jockey with a bright future imo. Good luck to Kauto Star.But for me is far to short a price as i thought it was a poor run lto and didnt look entirely happy.Many will disagree but thats just my view.

Re: Haydock 24/11 Hi Northern, Good Luck today and don't bet too heavy if your having a beavy!!! Best one on the card for me is the lucky last! Call The Shots @4.50 Bet365 Jonjo's NH Flat racers having been doing well and this one has the profile to like the ground being by Supreme Leader / Phardante - it's owned by John Magnier and is ridden by his son who has a really good record for Jonjo in Flat races 5 wins from 7 rides in NH Flat races over the last 5 seasons. Jonjo has a good strike rate of 4 wins from 13 runners at the track! Danger: Major Malarkey who is also by Supreme Leader and trained by Twiston-Davies, however Twiston-Davies's NH Flat racers have not been doing too well lately! :ok

Re: Haydock 24/11

Morning lads' date=' i don't know much about the horses, but me and the lads are off for our xmas drink to haydock today, so the tips would be very handy. Also if it helps any i live a minute from the track and it has been raining since i got up a 7.30 and doesn't really look like stopping, it didn't freeze here overnight either. Don't know if that help any. Hopefully get a few winner and a few :beer:beer:beer[/quote'] will be interesting to see if it affects the ground in any way, official going is still G-Soft but i will expect that to change to at least soft if you are correct. There should be plenty of tips on here today & i hope to get a placepot posted before 12 noon based on our selections. Gwanako will have no problem with the rain softened ground. The horse looks to have improvement in him & can go close again today.

Re: Haydock 24/11

Morning lads' date=' i don't know much about the horses, but me and the lads are off for our xmas drink to haydock today, so the tips would be very handy. Also if it helps any i live a minute from the track and it has been raining since i got up a 7.30 and doesn't really look like stopping, it didn't freeze here overnight either. Don't know if that help any. Hopefully get a few winner and a few :beer:beer:beer[/quote'] Many thanks Red for the info on the weather, very helpful. Good luck today.

Re: Haydock 24/11 Haydock 2.05 According to the ratings all Kauto Star has to do is turn up and its won. I don't think it will be that simple though and I feel My Way De Solzen is closer in the ratings than they give it credit for but I do have doubts over whether it will get the trip. When it won the World Hurdle over 3m it was hanging on at the end but still won. Exotic Dancer was disappointing last time out, and although it would have needed the run I thought some of it's jumping was awful and it won't get away with those type of mistakes all season. It was only 2nd best last year due to Kauto Star so 7-1 looks big. The older horses Beef Or Salmon, Turpin Green and Ollie Magern seem quite exposed now, we know what to expect of them and I don't think they will be springing any surprises at this level. Offshore Account is going the right way, on form it looks to have no chance and needs a career best effort but it could be the surprise in the field. It was fortunate to win a Group 1 when Aces Four fell at Punchestown but it gets the trip and is versatile regarding the ground. I'm not having any big bets on this race, it is too close to call for me and if MWDS is fit it may turn Kauto Star over so i'll have a small ew on the last horse mentioned. Suggested Bet: 2.5pts EW - Offshore Account (40-1 >Betfred)

Re: Haydock 24/11 Do people think MWDS will get the 3m over fences? I heard King saying it wasn't fit and blew for 35 mins after the race but before hand he was saying we have done all we can with it etc. It travelled well for a really long way but looked to me like it won't stay. Exotic Dancer really impressed me, getting closer to Kauto all the time.

Re: Haydock 24/11 I would not rule MWDS as a non stayer yet over fences. It has an average record fresh and also can be a bit unpredictable. Even last year it had a few performances that were not quite on it. The King George at Kempton is completely different to the Cheltenham Gold Cup but it will give us more of an indication. Personally though at this stage I could see it running in the Ryan Air as the task of beating KS and ED at the moment looks very difficult even though second season chasers normally do well but in a years time it may go up for the big one. It will be interesting either way.