Massey custom reports

I dont know if its just me but it seems like you can build profitable systems so easily but just filtering out the negatives ROI. Is it easy as it sounds ? Ive been messing about with it and seen nice historic figures eg 30.5 % strike 12% roi and many other ones. It just seems too good to be true so for now I will be cautious unless anyone can enlighten me.

Re: Massey custom reports You're absolutely correct, mate:ok However, just beware because a system that was profitable for 3/4 years can just as easily put up a losing season or 2. But the tool is a very useful one, and there have been many systems on here based around Masseys ratings / custom reports. Good luck.

Re: Massey custom reports I've been playing around with Massey for a few weeks now, and one thing that stands out is that "system" performance drops for this season and last. Check out the breakdown for each year for your systems and see if the same thing happens. If it does then I'd be a bit cautious at first.

Re: Massey custom reports Also - it depends if you're backing or laying. If you're backing, i'd suggest using the SP price rather than the betfair estimated prices. If this is showing a profit, then i think you are luverly and i want to be your bestest friend :lol For laying, i'd suggest using the estimanted betfair price. This way you are testing for worst case scenario. As a rough guide it is definately a great and invaluable tool, but the prices are estimates. There is no guarantee that the higher odds are what would be available on BF and this is where most of the systems show a good profit. Russ makes a good point too - previous event results have no bearing on future races. But we can hope...

Re: Massey custom reports

I dont know if its just me but it seems like you can build profitable systems so easily but just filtering out the negatives ROI. Is it easy as it sounds ? Ive been messing about with it and seen nice historic figures eg 30.5 % strike 12% roi and many other ones. It just seems too good to be true so for now I will be cautious unless anyone can enlighten me.
Think that you're right to be cautious Oriental. When applying filters to past results it's very easy to fall into the trap of 'back-fitting' rules to a system in order to falsely manufacter a positive strike-rate/yield. Don't get me wrong the Massey database is a great tool for analysing past results and you can learn a lot by doing so but before risking any hard-earned on a system developed from historic data I would definately forward test it (ie. paper trade). Anyway hope that you come up with highly profitable system and post the selections on the forum. :ok