Bowles' Jump season 07/08 - Ended +30% yield

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 updated horses to follow (updated comments in RED)

Horse Name

Form

Courses

Ground

Distance

Comments

Ashley Brook

12F-F5P

Exeter & Cheltenham

Won on Good thru to Heavy

Between 2m & 2m3f (has won over 2m 5f).

Has been labelled a bit of a dodgy jumper after 2 falls in last 5 races & is prone to the odd mistake. Recent 5th in the Tingle Creek btn 27L by Twist Magic. Has a very low rating over hurdles so watch out for it if they switch it back. Pulled up in chase at Ascot & looked one to avoid in future. Hope they can get it back over hurdles off that low rating!

Tidal Bay

221-111

Aintree, Carlisle, Cheltenham & Wetherby

Acts on all grounds

Unbeaten at 2m 4f in 4 races.

After 3 wins this season, will be seen at one of the festivals & seems to act on any track & any ground so keep following.

State of Play

164-25

Chepstow, Aintree & Newbury

Acts on Good thru to soft. Not raced on heavy to date.

Raced at various distances. Best at 3m-3m2f

Btn 17.5L by Denman in the lexus however the slow run race would not suit. It’s a stamina horse who could well come good at Aintree in the spring.

Snap Tie

62-122

Cheltenham

Acts on good to fast ground

Effective at minimium distance up to 2m1f.

Has been touched off twice now at Cheltenham. Last time adopted slightly different tactics & paid the penalty by setting the race up for Calgary bay. This horse has bags of speed & must use it effectively. Its 1st race at Chelt this season bagged a time of 3m 53sec whereas the latest win was a slower race in 4m 11sec. The horse can win a big race at the festival.

Franchoek

Cheltenham & Chepstow

Acts on Good & soft. Not raced on heavy.

2m

Another horse that has bags of speed & is fav for the Triumph Hurdle. Will no doubt run at least twice more before March to keep the horse going before the festival.

Vodka Bleu

400-011

Chelt, Chepstow & Haydock.

Better on Good ground but has won on heavy.

Has won between 2m – 3m but most effective over 2m4f

Dropped in the weights recently & showed what it could do with 2 wins in decent h’cap chases. Next race would be off a career high mark of 140+ so best watched (!)

Lead on

Cheltenham & Exeter

Won on Good thru to Soft

Effective at 2m1f-2m5f, not won over min distance.

Won a decent novice chase latest & could be aimed at the Royal & Sun Alliance chase at the festival.

Halcon Generlardais

113P-32

Chepstow, Exeter, Haydock & Wetherby

Good to soft & soft – all 7 wins with some cut in the ground

2m4f +, has won over 3m5f but better at 3m.

2nd in the Welsh National in December with an excellent weight carrying performance. Difficult to know where to go next as its unlikely to get soft ground at Aintree. One to follow though!

Inglis Drever

1213-1

Cheltenham & Newbury

Goes on any ground

Has won over 2m – 3m. Effective at 3m now.

Last years World Hurdle winner going for that prize again. Did nothing wrong on reappearance at Newbury & is worthy fav for the big one.

Denman

11111-11

Anywhere!

Goes on any ground

Effective at 3m+ but has won at all distances below

Won the Hennessy in December with an excellent display of front running. Won the Lexus chase beating Mossbank & will be a warm order for the gold cup. Will next run in the Aon chase at Newbury where it has a 100% record.

Katchit

1111-32

Cheltenham & Aintree

Goes on any ground

2m1f

Won all the juvenile prizes last season & has had to run up against the champion hurdle prospects this year. Hasn’t disgraced at all & deserves to be in the line up come March.

Sky’s the Limit

27-111

Leopardstown, Fairyhouse & Chelt. Avoid Punchestown.

Acts on any ground

2m – 2m5f

Trip was a bit short when it won in January by a hd on latest outing & expected to follow up in next chase at Leopardstown & then Fairyhouse. May not get to Cheltenham.

The Listener

20-U13

Leopardstown, Punchestown.

Effective on soft to heavy ground

2m 4f+ possibly not as effective over 3m

3rd in the Lexus behind Denman. I think this horses’ best distance is 2m4f – 2m6f & on heavy ground would be hard to beat. Don’t think it will tackle the Gold Cup but likely to see it again in Ireland.

Kauto Star

11-211

Haydock, Kempton, Newbury & Sandown

Effective with some cut in the ground

Unbeaten at 3m.

Gold Cup winner attempting to win the Betfair million for 2nd year for connections. Won the KG with something in hand & will be hard to beat Cheltenham. If the ground rides fast, that’s is the only problem as the horse has limited success (only 1 win in 4).

Voy Por usetedes (FR)

1U1-221

Warwick, Kempton & Cheltenham

Good/soft or soft

2m

Champion Chase its target again this year although setback when beaten by Twist magic at Sandown, cam out at Kempton & won easy in December. If the ground rides gd/soft at the festival I still fancy this one to run a big race.

Master Minded (FR)

U1

Sandown

Soft/Heavy

2m – 2m 4f

French import showed its potential last time out at Sandown winning nicely over a decent set of runners. Nicholls has entered for both Champion Chase & Ryanair. At 5yo, probably best to go for the latter as it looks like it will appreciate the longer distance also.

Ebaziyan (IRE)

2118-45341

Cheltenham & most irish tracks

Sft/Hvy & Good

2m ideally, but has won over 2m 4f

My outsider for the Champion Hurdle. Won the Supreme Novices last year at the festival & shows best form after the turn of the year. Taken time to get into gear this year but was dropped in grade last time to land a 2m4f event at Punchestown. Its winning time last year wasn’t far off the Champion Hurdle time & next race is AIG Champion on 27th Jan.

Breedesbreeze (IRE)

Sandown & Chepstow

Soft, heavy & good.

2m – 2m 4f

Won the Tolworth at Sandown LTO & looks ideally suited to 2m 4f in the future.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 as expected, a number of my horses run today FRANCHOEK, INGLIS DREVER & STATE OF PLAY. I will try to make a case for each one of them today. 2.40 STATE OF PLAY 10pts win @ 5/1 Skybet Looking just at its 3m+ form it has ran 9 times & won 3 (33%) with 1 place. On G/Soft ground it has won 3 from 6 (50%). Over 3m+ & on G/Soft ground, the record improves at 2 wins from 3 runs (only defeat was 11.5L 6th behind Kauto Star in Gold Cup). Wasnt suited by the lack of pace on heavy ground last time in Ireland. Main rival today is Our Vic who boasts a record of 9 runs here with 2 wins & 3 places. 2m wins form 7 attempts at 3m+ put it on a par with my selection. Normally finds one too good & has already beaten Neptune Collonges giving weight away so i expect the result to be between these 2 - Our Vic / State of play 3.15 FRANCHOEK 10pts win @ 11/10 Skybet Following same path as Katchit did last year but was turned over on last visit here by an enterprising ride by McCoy on Harper Valley. I wasnt happy with the pace that day & it was 5secs slower than the previous win at the course on same ground. Came back & beat todays rival Tetanen at Chepstow 2.5L & on same terms today. 3.50 INGLIS DREVER 10pts win @ 7/4 Skybet No doubt the usual layers will be out to get this horse but it keeps doing the business & i love the way it travels at the business end of the race. It is always on the level & acts well on flat tracks. Cheltenham is not that type of track but its record here is 5 wins, 2 wins & 3 places. Its 2 world hurdle wins are difficult to ignore although i believe Balzing Bailey will give it a race in the World Hurdle itslef, i think Inglis will get one over today despite the fact my bok jockey is riding the horse today (R Johnson).

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 State of play was very dissapointing & Cheltenham is certainly no good for the horse. I will only back this in future at Newbury or Aintree. Franchoek wins @ 10/11 (adv 11/10) & still remains my Triumph hurdle bet (took 8's back in November) Inglis Drever wins @ 11/8 (adv 7/4) & is on target for a 3rd World Hurdle prize. Even Johnson couldnt lose on this machine! 30pts staked 48.5pts returned Updated totals Win Bets 22 Wins 11 EW bets 6 Wins/EW 1/1 Total 28 Wins/EW 12/1 Staked 280pts Returned 354.3pts P/L +74.3pts Yield +26.53% In the Gold Cup trial, Knowhere ran a blinder to beat Our Vic who showed again that this trip is juts beyond the horse as it staggered up the hill when looking the likely winner. The 2m 5f distance is far better suited ot this animal these days. Exotic Dancer would have p***ed on these today if it had lined up but thats racing i suppose. Lets hope it is fit for the festival.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 My long term ante post choice EBAZIYAN runs today in the AIG Champion Hurdle. Mullins was very coy about the horse earlier last week & i wouldnt expect it to win today. I firmly believe it will come up that hill at Cheltenham like it did last year to win the Supreme Novices however on heavy ground in a small field, i am not interested today. I hope Ruby gets the ride come March & today is surely a test of what it can do.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Updated list after the weekend's action. Changes in Red.

Horse Name

Form

Courses

Ground

Distance

Comments

Ashley Brook

12F-F5P

Exeter & Cheltenham

Has been labelled a bit of a dodgy jumper after 2 falls in last 5 races & is prone to the odd mistake. Recent 5th in the Tingle Creek btn 27L by Twist Magic. Has a very low rating over hurdles so watch out for it if they switch it back. Pulled up in chase at Ascot & looked one to avoid in future. Hope they can get it back over hurdles off that low rating!

Tidal Bay

221-111

Acts on all grounds

After 3 wins this season, will be seen at one of the festivals & seems to act on any track & any ground so keep following.

State of Play

164-256

Btn 17.5L by Denman in the lexus however the slow run race would not suit. It’s a stamina horse who could well come good at Aintree in the spring. Disappointing at Cheltenham. I will leave this alone until Aintree now to see if that track brings out the best.

Snap Tie

62-122

Cheltenham

Has been touched off twice now at Cheltenham. Last time adopted slightly different tactics & paid the penalty by setting the race up for Calgary bay. This horse has bags of speed & must use it effectively. Its 1st race at Chelt this season bagged a time of 3m 53sec whereas the latest win was a slower race in 4m 11sec. The horse can win a big race at the festival.

Franchoek

Cheltenham & Chepstow

2m

Another horse that has bags of speed & is fav for the Triumph Hurdle. Showed again at Cheltenham what it can do by running away from its field again. Has to be ridden from the front & will no doubt go close in the Triumph if able to run its race.

Vodka Bleu

400-011

Dropped in the weights recently & showed what it could do with 2 wins in decent h’cap chases. Next race would be off a career high mark of 140+ so best watched (!)

Lead on

Cheltenham & Exeter

Won on Good thru to Soft

Won a decent novice chase latest & could be aimed at the Royal & Sun Alliance chase at the festival.

Halcon Generlardais

113P-32

2nd in the Welsh National in December with an excellent weight carrying performance. Difficult to know where to go next as its unlikely to get soft ground at Aintree. One to follow though!

Inglis Drever

1213-11

Cheltenham & Newbury

Goes on any ground

Last years World Hurdle winner going for that prize again. Very impressive again at Cheltenham beating Blazing Bailey. Still hits the flat spot but stays on forever & cruises very well at speed.

Denman

11111-11

Anywhere!

Goes on any ground

Won the Hennessy in December with an excellent display of front running. Won the Lexus chase beating Mossbank & will be a warm order for the gold cup. Will next run in the Aon chase at Newbury where it has a 100% record.

Katchit

1111-32

Cheltenham & Aintree

Goes on any ground

2m1f

Won all the juvenile prizes last season & has had to run up against the champion hurdle prospects this year. Hasn’t disgraced at all & deserves to be in the line up come March.

Sky’s the Limit

27-111

Acts on any ground

2m – 2m5f

Trip was a bit short when it won in January by a hd on latest outing & expected to follow up in next chase at Leopardstown & then Fairyhouse. May not get to Cheltenham.

The Listener

20-U13

3rd in the Lexus behind Denman. I think this horses’ best distance is 2m4f – 2m6f & on heavy ground would be hard to beat. Don’t think it will tackle the Gold Cup but likely to see it again in Ireland.

Kauto Star

11-211

Unbeaten at 3m.

Gold Cup winner attempting to win the Betfair million for 2nd year for connections. Won the KG with something in hand & will be hard to beat Cheltenham. If the ground rides fast, that’s is the only problem as the horse has limited success (only 1 win in 4).

Voy Por usetedes (FR)

1U1-221

Good/soft or soft

2m

Champion Chase its target again this year although setback when beaten by Twist magic at Sandown, cam out at Kempton & won easy in December. If the ground rides gd/soft at the festival I still fancy this one to run a big race.

Master Minded (FR)

U1

Sandown

Soft/Heavy

2m – 2m 4f

French import showed its potential last time out at Sandown winning nicely over a decent set of runners. Nicholls has entered for both Champion Chase & Ryanair. At 5yo, probably best to go for the latter as it looks like it will appreciate the longer distance also.

Ebaziyan (IRE)

2118-453416

Sft/Hvy & Good

My outsider for the Champion Hurdle. Won the Supreme Novices last year at the festival & shows best form after the turn of the year. Taken time to get into gear this year but was dropped in grade last time to land a 2m4f event at Punchestown. Its winning time last year wasn’t far off the Champion Hurdle time. Didn’t run too well in the AIG but Mullins did say he couldn’t see it winning, however I still believe the horse is a decent ew bet at the festival.

Breedesbreeze (IRE)

Sandown & Chepstow

Soft, heavy & good.

2m – 2m 4f

Here’s Johnny

471-122

Exeter & Uttoxeter

Acts on any ground

2m 4f - 3m

Added this to the team for Cheltenham for the R&SA Chase. Was 2l 2ND To Joe Lively at kempton in December ahead of Silverburn from Nicholls stable. Ran at the festival last year when 7th to Wichita Lineman in the 3m Hurdle. Has a decent profile for this type of race & is currently 20/1. I would like to see it run again beforehand if possible.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 a few runners today from my list Firstly Vodka Bleu in the 2.35 feature hurdle race at Sandown. Could be thrown in off such a low mark over hurdles but my main concern would be the ground as it doesnt act as well on boggy ground. Have missed tipping the 2 wins over fences & again today I wont be tipping it! I am just not confident that it can produce the same effort over hurdles on this track.

Vodka Bleu

400-011

In the 3.10 at Sandown, Lead on takes on the prolific Hobbs Hill who just doesnt stop winning. After wins at Cheltenham & Exeter, agian not sure this will be the track for Lead on, however at 5/1 (Betfred) it may be worth an interest ew although only 7 runners.
Lead on

Cheltenham & Exeter

Won on Good thru to Soft

Over at Doncaster, Tidal Bay runs in the 1.25 race & looks the one to beat. Tote go 1/2 which is best price today. Watching brief today as too short to back.
Lead on

Cheltenham & Exeter

Won on Good thru to Soft

Only 1 bet today then. Lead on 5pts ew @ 5/1 Betfred. Watching brief on the other 2.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 sorry, Tidal bay info is here:

Tidal Bay

221-111

Acts on all grounds

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 sorry havent updated last weeks runs, will do so later after tthis weekends racing. I was right to avoid Vodka Bleu & Tidal Bay, & Lead on was a NR. Today again sees a number of my "stable" running:

Denman

11111-11

Anywhere!

Goes on any ground

Denman as predicted runs in the Aon today which Kauto took in last year. Stat wise, the Aon wasnt a good trial for the Gold cup as horses running in Feb didnt go on & win the GC. KS chnaged that last year! Should win today but not playing at odds of 1/5.
Voy Por usetedes (FR)

1U1-221

Good/soft or soft

2m

Master Minded (FR)

U1

Sandown

Soft/Heavy

2m – 2m 4f

The Game Spirit chase see's potentially a match between last years champion chaser Voy Per & the young pretender Master Minded. I have heard of a good gallop this week for the Nicholls horse & no surprise it is vying for favouritism here today. Not sure whether the entry for the Ryanair was in case the horse showed it needed further, we will see today if it is a true 2m speed horse. VPU was soundly beaten in the Tingle Creek & Twist Magic beaten LTO. What should we make of that? Again it has to be a watching brief today as I am 50-50 on these at the moment.
Here’s Johnny

471-122

Exeter & Uttoxeter

Acts on any ground

2m 4f - 3m

Added this to the team for Cheltenham for the R&SA Chase. Was 2l 2ND To Joe Lively at kempton in December ahead of Silverburn from Nicholls stable. Ran at the festival last year when 7th to Wichita Lineman in the 3m Hurdle. Has a decent profile for this type of race & is currently 20/1. I would like to see it run again beforehand if possible.

Pleased to see the horse running today & i think it will win this chase. Its form keeps getting franked & this is a live hope for the Sun Alliance at the festival 1.35 Newbury HERE's JOHNNY 10pts win @ 2/1 Totesport

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 I am adding Five Dream to my list from today. I was most impressed the way it bolted up the hill at Cheltenham & i think it will take all the beating today at Newbury. This could be a champion hurdle horse next year if it keeps improving. 3.20 Newbury FIVE DREAM 10pts win @ 9/2 Tote

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Well, the 2 horses i backed yesterday did not run according to form, Here's Johnny ran a very strange race with jockey nealry losing his irons twice & too many mistakes resulted in the horse being pulled up. Five Dream is not the animal i thought it was & i will scratch it for now. It started to run on a bit but perhaps the track didnt suit as well. Denman won easily with the duel between Master Minded & Voy Per Ustedes resulting in MM winning by 5l but we must remember the runner up was giving 6lb away. Happy with all 3 of them & they go to Cheltenham with leading chances. Today see's 2 more runners both in ireland:

Sky’s the Limit

27-111

Acts on any ground

2m – 2m5f

The Listener

20-U13

My notes lead me to believe that the 3m trip for The Listener is not its ideal distance & is there to be shot at. I think it will be in the forst 2 today no doubt but its not a bet today for me. I will stick with Skys the Limit as i think it still has improvement to come & this distance is much more suited to the horse. Looks a good price today at 4/1 also. However the structure of the race gives the favourite J'Y Vole 15lb (10lb for sex & 5lb for age!) so that will take some pegging back. I will be cautious & back my selection for a place. 2.45 Leops Skys the Limit 10pts place @ 2.36 Betfair

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 need to update this soon, sorry. Ballsed it up last week with The Listener winning & Skys the limit out of the placings! today:

Vodka Bleu

400-011

not in this class, ignore but does like the course.
Katchit

1111-32

Cheltenham & Aintree

Goes on any ground

2m1f

not going to back at odds on today, but should go close.
Kauto Star

11-211

Unbeaten at 3m.

not a bet but should win, early betfair odds of 1.43 looked decent value in a race where its rivals cant compete at level weights.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Updated table showing recent runs etc

Horse Name

Form

Courses

Ground

Distance

Comments

Ashley Brook

12F-F5P

Exeter & Cheltenham

Tidal Bay

221-1112

Acts on all grounds

After 3 wins this season, will be seen at one of the festivals & seems to act on any track & any ground so keep following. Turned over by leslingtaylor LTO after 2 bad mistakes. Looks likely to head for the R&SA chase now at Cheltenham.

State of Play

164-256

Btn 17.5L by Denman in the lexus however the slow run race would not suit. It’s a stamina horse who could well come good at Aintree in the spring. Disappointing at Cheltenham. I will leave this alone until Aintree now to see if that track brings out the best.

Snap Tie

62-122

Cheltenham

Franchoek

Cheltenham & Chepstow

2m

Another horse that has bags of speed & is fav for the Triumph Hurdle. Showed again at Cheltenham what it can do by running away from its field again. Has to be ridden from the front & will no doubt go close in the Triumph if able to run its race.

Vodka Bleu

400-01105

Dropped in the weights recently & showed what it could do with 2 wins in decent h’cap chases. Next race would be off a career high mark of 140+ so best watched (!) Ran with credit behind Kauto star last weekend when having no chance at the weights. Unlikely to win again this season off a high mark of 140+, unless it races over hurdles again (disappointed last time at Sandown)

Lead on

Cheltenham & Exeter

Won on Good thru to Soft

Halcon Generlardais

113P-32

Inglis Drever

1213-11

Cheltenham & Newbury

Goes on any ground

Last years World Hurdle winner going for that prize again. Very impressive again at Cheltenham beating Blazing Bailey. Still hits the flat spot but stays on forever & cruises very well at speed.

Denman

11111-111

Anywhere!

Goes on any ground

Won the Hennessy in December with an excellent display of front running. Won the Lexus chase beating Mossbank & will be a warm order for the gold cup. Won the Aon chase with no problems. Goes to the Gold cup in excellent form & should be placed at least.

Katchit

1111-321

Cheltenham & Aintree

Goes on any ground

2m1f

Won all the juvenile prizes last season & has had to run up against the champion hurdle prospects this year. Hasn’t disgraced at all & deserves to be in the line up come March. Finally got off the mark in the Kingwell Hurdle at Wincanton beating Blythe Knight. Will be better next year at 6yo but will give a good account in the Champion hurdle.

Sky’s the Limit

27-1110

Acts on any ground

2m – 2m5f

Trip was a bit short when it won in January by a hd on latest outing & expected to follow up in next chase at Leopardstown & then Fairyhouse. May not get to Cheltenham. Disappointed LTO & not expecting to see this now until Fairyhouse.

The Listener

20-U131

3rd in the Lexus behind Denman. I think this horses’ best distance is 2m4f – 2m6f & on heavy ground would be hard to beat. Won the Irish Henessey with a decent front running performance. Could win a race at Cheltenham but may settle for a chance of a place in the Gold cup.

Kauto Star

11-2111

Unbeaten at 3m.

Gold Cup winner attempting to win the Betfair million for 2nd year for connections. Won the KG with something in hand & will be hard to beat Cheltenham. If the ground rides fast, that’s is the only problem as the horse has limited success (only 1 win in 4). Another quality performance LTO, & goes to the Gold Cup as worthy favourite, would take a wonder horse to beat it.

Voy Por usetedes (FR)

1U1-2212

Good/soft or soft

2m

Champion Chase its target again this year although setback when beaten by Twist magic at Sandown, cam out at Kempton & won easy in December. If the ground rides gd/soft at the festival I still fancy this one to run a big race. No disgrace giving 5lb to master minded at newbury. Will be spot on now for Cheltenham.

Master Minded (FR)

U11

Sandown, Newbury

Soft/Heavy

2m – 2m 4f

French import showed its potential last time out at Sandown winning nicely over a decent set of runners. Nicholls has entered for both Champion Chase & Ryanair. At 5yo, probably best to go for the latter as it looks like it will appreciate the longer distance also. Now heading straight to the Champion Chase after impressive performance at newbury beating Voy per ustedes.

Ebaziyan (IRE)

2118-453415

Sft/Hvy & Good

My outsider for the Champion Hurdle. Won the Supreme Novices last year at the festival & shows best form after the turn of the year. Taken time to get into gear this year but was dropped in grade last time to land a 2m4f event at Punchestown. Its winning time last year wasn’t far off the Champion Hurdle time. Didn’t run too well in the AIG but Mullins did say he couldn’t see it winning, however I still believe the horse is a decent ew bet at the festival.

Breedesbreeze (IRE)

Sandown & Chepstow

Soft, heavy & good.

2m – 2m 4f

Here’s Johnny

471-122P

Exeter & Uttoxeter

Acts on any ground

2m 4f - 3m

Added this to the team for Cheltenham for the R&SA Chase. Was 2l 2ND To Joe Lively at kempton in December ahead of Silverburn from Nicholls stable. Ran at the festival last year when 7th to Wichita Lineman in the 3m Hurdle. Has a decent profile for this type of race & is currently 20/1. Disappointed at newbury pulling up after making a hash of a few jumps. Not sure what the plans are now.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08

Lead on

Cheltenham & Exeter

Won on Good thru to Soft

Won a decent novice chase latest & could be aimed at the Royal & Sun Alliance chase at the festival
This is the only horse runing from my list today. It has Hobbs Hill to beat & on the book has it all to do. Will go 5pts ew @ SP as i expect it will be 1st or 2nd today.

• 3 weeks later...

Lead on

Cheltenham & Exeter

Won on Good thru to Soft

Won a decent novice chase latest & could be aimed at the Royal & Sun Alliance chase at the festival
This is the only horse runing from my list today. It has Hobbs Hill to beat & on the book has it all to do. Will go 5pts ew @ SP as i expect it will be 1st or 2nd today.
forgot to update Lead on was 2nd @ 11/2 10pts staked 11pts returned

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 My intention when i started this thread was to have a "stable" of horses to back at Cheltenham by following them through the season & adding any others along the way. I have kept it to a minimum on purpose to avoid having 50 or so horses. I have highlighted those that I will be playing on next week t get this thread some profit.

Horse Name

Form

Courses

Ground

Distance

Comments

Ashley Brook

12F-F5P

Exeter & Cheltenham

Tidal Bay

221-1112

Acts on all grounds

After 3 wins this season, will be seen at one of the festivals & seems to act on any track & any ground so keep following. Turned over by leslingtaylor LTO after 2 bad mistakes. Looks likely to head for the R&SA chase now at Cheltenham.

State of Play

164-256

Snap Tie

62-122

Cheltenham

Franchoek

Cheltenham & Chepstow

2m

Vodka Bleu

400-01105

Dropped in the weights recently & showed what it could do with 2 wins in decent h’cap chases. Next race would be off a career high mark of 140+ so best watched (!) Ran with credit behind Kauto star last weekend when having no chance at the weights. Unlikely to win again this season off a high mark of 140+, unless it races over hurdles again (disappointed last time at Sandown)

Lead on

Cheltenham & Exeter

Won on Good thru to Soft

Halcon Generlardais

113P-32

Inglis Drever

1213-11

Cheltenham & Newbury

Goes on any ground

Denman

11111-111

Anywhere!

Goes on any ground

Won the Hennessy in December with an excellent display of front running. Won the Lexus chase beating Mossbank & will be a warm order for the gold cup. Won the Aon chase with no problems. Goes to the Gold cup in excellent form & should be placed at least.

Katchit

1111-321

Cheltenham & Aintree

Goes on any ground

2m1f

Won all the juvenile prizes last season & has had to run up against the champion hurdle prospects this year. Hasn’t disgraced at all & deserves to be in the line up come March. Finally got off the mark in the Kingwell Hurdle at Wincanton beating Blythe Knight. Will be better next year at 6yo but will give a good account in the Champion hurdle.

Sky’s the Limit

27-1110

Acts on any ground

2m – 2m5f

Trip was a bit short when it won in January by a hd on latest outing & expected to follow up in next chase at Leopardstown & then Fairyhouse. May not get to Cheltenham. Disappointed LTO & not expecting to see this now until Fairyhouse.

The Listener

20-U131

3rd in the Lexus behind Denman. I think this horses’ best distance is 2m4f – 2m6f & on heavy ground would be hard to beat. Won the Irish Henessey with a decent front running performance. Could win a race at Cheltenham but may settle for a chance of a place in the Gold cup. Will back if it comes up soft.
Kauto Star

11-2111

Unbeaten at 3m.

Gold Cup winner attempting to win the Betfair million for 2nd year for connections. Won the KG with something in hand & will be hard to beat Cheltenham. If the ground rides fast, that’s is the only problem as the horse has limited success (only 1 win in 4). Another quality performance LTO, & goes to the Gold Cup as worthy favourite, would take a wonder horse to beat it.

Voy Por usetedes (FR)

1U1-2212

Good/soft or soft

2m

Champion Chase its target again this year although setback when beaten by Twist magic at Sandown, cam out at Kempton & won easy in December. If the ground rides gd/soft at the festival I still fancy this one to run a big race. No disgrace giving 5lb to master minded at newbury. Will be spot on now for Cheltenham.

Master Minded (FR)

U11

Sandown, Newbury

Soft/Heavy

2m – 2m 4f

French import showed its potential last time out at Sandown winning nicely over a decent set of runners. Nicholls has entered for both Champion Chase & Ryanair. At 5yo, probably best to go for the latter as it looks like it will appreciate the longer distance also. Now heading straight to the Champion Chase after impressive performance at newbury beating Voy per ustedes.

Ebaziyan (IRE)

2118-453415

Sft/Hvy & Good

Breedesbreeze (IRE)

Sandown & Chepstow

Soft, heavy & good.

2m – 2m 4f

Here’s Johnny

471-122P

Exeter & Uttoxeter

Acts on any ground

2m 4f - 3m

Added this to the team for Cheltenham for the R&SA Chase. Was 2l 2ND To Joe Lively at kempton in December ahead of Silverburn from Nicholls stable. Ran at the festival last year when 7th to Wichita Lineman in the 3m Hurdle. Has a decent profile for this type of race & is currently 20/1. Disappointed at newbury pulling up after making a hash of a few jumps. Not sure what the plans are now.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Tuesday bets

Tidal Bay

221-1112

Acts on all grounds

Snap Tie

62-122

Cheltenham

Katchit

1111-321

Cheltenham & Aintree

Goes on any ground

2m1f

Ebaziyan (IRE)

2118-453415

Sft/Hvy & Good

1st day bets 2.35 Tidal Bay 10pts win @ 15/2 Paddy Power 2.00 Snap Tie 5pts ew @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG 3.15 Katchit 5pts ew @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG 3.15 Ebaziyan 5pts ew @ 33/1 Stan James

Tuesday bets
Tidal Bay

221-1112

Acts on all grounds

Snap Tie

62-122

Cheltenham

Katchit

1111-321

Cheltenham & Aintree

Goes on any ground

2m1f

Ebaziyan (IRE)

2118-453415

Sft/Hvy & Good

1st day bets 2.35 Tidal Bay 10pts win @ 15/2 Paddy Power :notworthy 2.00 Snap Tie 5pts ew @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG :nana 3.15 Katchit 5pts ew @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG :notworthy 3.15 Ebaziyan 5pts ew @ 33/1 Stan James
i think this means a good day

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Great stuff :ok Not having a bad festival myself. Just goes to show it's worth following certain horses through a season, you've been on Snap Tie all year, I jumped on the bandwagon. :lol Some may say they don't want a "stable of horses" so to speak but you'll be the one laughing when you are counting your profit at the end of the week. I was going to desert Voy Por but fcuk it i'm on it tomorrow, already got Master Minded ante post but I think Choc rides this course so well, he's worth following.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Great day for you, Rob. Well done mate. Not bad day either so far for me, with Tidal Bay doing the business. Snap Tie ran a super race on probable unsuitable ground whilst Katchit was game as fcuk to take that. I was on Osana:eyes

This year i intend to follow in Mowgli's example of retaining a list & backing those horses from that list. I will no doubt add a few more into the list during the season. Busy compiling the detailed list now but will hopefully be ready in time for the big meetings ahead. 1st 2 on the list are Tidal Bay J Howard Johnson Snap tie P Hobbs
guys this was my 1st post back in October when i started the thread. It was Phil (Mowgli) that inspired me after his Cheltenham last year. Its not a case of backing the horses in form but following how horses run, course & festival form is essential (last 2 winners!). at least my 10 to follow is looking healthier now:ok

Tuesday bets
Tidal Bay

221-1112

Acts on all grounds

Snap Tie

62-122

Cheltenham

Katchit

1111-321

Cheltenham & Aintree

Goes on any ground

2m1f

Ebaziyan (IRE)

2118-453415

Sft/Hvy & Good

1st day bets 2.35 Tidal Bay 10pts win @ 15/2 Paddy Power:ok 2.00 Snap Tie 5pts ew @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG:ok 3.15 Katchit 5pts ew @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG:ok 3.15 Ebaziyan 5pts ew @ 33/1 Stan James
Day 1 40pts staked 182.5pts returned Got a couple going tomorrow

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Wednesday's runners

Voy Por usetedes (FR)

1U1-2212

Good/soft or soft

2m

Master Minded (FR)

U11

Sandown, Newbury

Soft/Heavy

2m – 2m 4f

Breedesbreeze (IRE)

Sandown & Chepstow

Soft, heavy & good.

2m – 2m 4f

Day 2 Selections 3.15 Voy por Ustedes 10pts win @ 10/3 Coral Master Minded 10pts win @ 10/3 Coral 2.35 Breedesbreeze 10pts win @ 8/1 PPower (stake back if 2nd to fav)

Voy Por usetedes (FR)

1U1-2212

Good/soft or soft

2m

Master Minded (FR)

U11

Sandown, Newbury

Soft/Heavy

2m – 2m 4f

Inglis Drever

1213-11

Cheltenham & Newbury

Goes on any ground

The Listener

20-U131

3rd in the Lexus behind Denman. I think this horses’ best distance is 2m4f – 2m6f & on heavy ground would be hard to beat. Won the Irish Henessey with a decent front running performance. Could win a race at Cheltenham but may settle for a chance of a place in the Gold cup. Will back if it comes up soft.
4 bets today from my list 2.20 Master Minded 10pts win @ 10/3 Coral 2.20 Voy Por Usteded 10pts win @ 3/1 Coral 3.30 Inglis Drever 10pts win @ 11/8 VC Bet 2.55 The Listener 10pts win @ 7/2 Bet365 BOG :ok

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Good luck mate, decided to leave Inglis alone due to my ante post bets on it and backed My Way De Solzen each way. Both of us go for The Listener and I fully expect that to win. Voy Por Ustedes may finally get some credit if it notches its 3rd festival win, Choc says it can't be right all year but is spot on for today and I like the fact it runs well at a good pace, really rate Master Minded but going for the previous festival form today. Let's hope we're both in profit by the end of the day and my 10 to follow will be looking great if MWDS/Inglis Drever/Voy Por Ustedes are winners/placed.

Good luck mate, decided to leave Inglis alone due to my ante post bets on it and backed My Way De Solzen each way. Both of us go for The Listener and I fully expect that to win. Voy Por Ustedes may finally get some credit if it notches its 3rd festival win, Choc says it can't be right all year but is spot on for today and I like the fact it runs well at a good pace, really rate Master Minded but going for the previous festival form today. Let's hope we're both in profit by the end of the day and my 10 to follow will be looking great if MWDS/Inglis Drever/Voy Por Ustedes are winners/placed.
MM winning secures a profit for the day:ok Dont fancy the other 2 with too much confidence to be honest but who knows? Inglis should be 1st or 2nd. The concern over The Listener is the ground.