Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Three for me: Hendry @ 20/1 e.w Totally agree with you. Hendry from the bits and pieces I have seen of the league looks the form player at the moment and is showing form that he has not for a long time although he had a bit of a good run at last years UK before being rubbish in the final. I will also take the 11/4 for him to win his group with Maiguire and Cope the main dangers. Stevens @ 33/1 e.w Matthew Stevens' debacle agaisnt Murphy in the Worlds this year meant he dropped out of the Worlds Top 16 when he looked like he was going to have a good enough run to secure his place. So that has meant he has already had to qualify for events which he did in Shanghai and had a good run in that event too. He does not have a great record in shorter events but I think the need to get results to move up the rankings will act as a huge motivation for him to improve on his record and at his best he is a real danger. I am not sure if Ebdon or Harold in his group will like these short games in his group and whilst they and Selby have to be hugely respected, Stevens may well take the group @ 3/1 which e.w is a bet to nothing as long as he is in the two. Finally Allen @ 66/1 e.w Mark Allen has shown in the last year or two that he is a really promising player for the future and his victory over Doherty in the Worlds was no surprise before bowing out to Stevens. He is capable of a good run this week and i fancy him in his group @ 5/1 e.w Doherty won the Pot Black thing the other week and the Irish trophy for the Irish players so he maybe in some form but Allen has shown he can beat him and with Williams in that group the other top 16 seed looks week as Williams still has not won all year I believe in ranking tournament and certainly is not the player of old. McCulloch is probably feared most of the rest but i do not think this is too bad a group for Allen.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.