Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Three for me: Hendry @ 20/1 e.w Totally agree with you. Hendry from the bits and pieces I have seen of the league looks the form player at the moment and is showing form that he has not for a long time although he had a bit of a good run at last years UK before being rubbish in the final. I will also take the 11/4 for him to win his group with Maiguire and Cope the main dangers. Stevens @ 33/1 e.w Matthew Stevens' debacle agaisnt Murphy in the Worlds this year meant he dropped out of the Worlds Top 16 when he looked like he was going to have a good enough run to secure his place. So that has meant he has already had to qualify for events which he did in Shanghai and had a good run in that event too. He does not have a great record in shorter events but I think the need to get results to move up the rankings will act as a huge motivation for him to improve on his record and at his best he is a real danger. I am not sure if Ebdon or Harold in his group will like these short games in his group and whilst they and Selby have to be hugely respected, Stevens may well take the group @ 3/1 which e.w is a bet to nothing as long as he is in the two. Finally Allen @ 66/1 e.w Mark Allen has shown in the last year or two that he is a really promising player for the future and his victory over Doherty in the Worlds was no surprise before bowing out to Stevens. He is capable of a good run this week and i fancy him in his group @ 5/1 e.w Doherty won the Pot Black thing the other week and the Irish trophy for the Irish players so he maybe in some form but Allen has shown he can beat him and with Williams in that group the other top 16 seed looks week as Williams still has not won all year I believe in ranking tournament and certainly is not the player of old. McCulloch is probably feared most of the rest but i do not think this is too bad a group for Allen.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Going with my 1st match bets tonight. 10pts S.Bingham to beat B.Woollaston 1.67 Expekt Stuart Bingham has to win this match to have any chance of qualifying having already lost 2 of his 1st 3 matches. He lost to Shaun Murphy earlier today but he hit a century in that match so he isn't in bad form. Ben Woollaston is out now having suffered 3 defeats from 3 matches, including a 4-0 whitewash this afternoon by Ding Junhui. Bingham is a solid enough player that he should have too much for his young opponent here and I'll take him to win and keep his hopes alive in this tournament. 10pts T.Ford to beat S.Davis 11/10 Ladbrokes Tom Ford has been one of the unlucky men in the competition really. He's out of contention having suffered 3 defeats in his 3 matches but he's lost all 3 4-3 and led in 2 of them including a 3-1 lead against Ronnie O'Sullivan. He played really well in that match and having been 3-2 up against Gerard Greene earlier that goes to enhance that. He just hasn't got over the line. Steve Davis must win this in order to get back in the running for qualification but he's slipped up against these whippersnappers before especially over a short period and the young man Ford could just be a spot of value worth taking.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Cheers guys. Fancied them 2 but didn't think they'd both win 4-0 :eek. Not going to go mad on Monday. Leaving the groups which starton Monday alone until we see who's playing well but of the groups which finish on Monday I've spotted this one. 10pts G.Greene to beat D.Dale 2.12 Expekt This one isn't priced up on form, certainly not form in this tournament anyway. Gerard Greene effectively only needs to avoid a whitewash to go through but he's looked ok in this tournament so far and would have every chance of winning the game. Obviously a win would boost his confidence ahead of a last 16 clash. Dominic Dale has to win 4-0 in order to pip Greene to the 2nd qualifying spot but Greene has beaten Davis, Ford and Woollaston and only lost 4-2 to O'Sullivan so he's playing well and is a good price here to beat a Dominic Dale who although is definitely a good player, looked all over the shop against O'Sullivan. The form which he showed in the China Open hasn't come with him to Aberdeen so I'll take the Northern Ireland man here.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix

I've gotta say' date=' I really hate this setup - best of 9's is what it's supposed to be all about, best of a 7's and group stages aren't the best betting material imo. :([/quote'] I prefer this setup. I keep picking 5-4 losers in best of 9s :lol Another 4-0 winner :eek. 3 4-0 winners on the trot :loon.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Plenty of matches on Tuesdau but these 2 look the best bets despite being shortish. 10pts N.Robertson to beat S.Lee 4/7 Boylesports Neil Robertson had a shocker of a 1st match when he lost to Jimmy Michie and since then he's picked up 2 wins but lost to Joe Swail who has already qualified from this group. However Robertson is still in with every chance of qualifying from the group and if he wins here and Swail beats Perry that's exactly what will happen. Stephen Lee finally picked up a win against Mark Davis having lost 4-0 to Jimmy Michie earlier in the event but Lee is out now and I expect the defending champion to win this match in order to give himself a chance of progressing. 10pts L.Song to beat J.Delaney 4/7 Boylesports I must admit I expected Liu Song to be a lot shorter here. The young Chinese player has a chance of advancing to the last 16 here with a win. Joe Delaney so far has played 4 and lost all 4 while Song has picked up wins over Dave Harold and Matthew Stevens. He also led Peter Ebdon 3-0 but lost 4-3 so he's playing well and with Delaney having nothing to play for I think the Chinese kid will win this and give himself a chance of qualifying.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Last 16 matches tonight. I like 2 of tonight's matches. 10pts P.Ebdon to beat B.Hawkins 8/11 Betfred Peter Ebdon has looked in decent nick in this tournament so far, the proof being when he missed the final pink in his 147 attempt on Tuesday. When he's in form and in the mood he can pot balls from absolutely anywhere and has a great safety game so can be a very tough cookie to beat. Hawkins came into the event in decent form but has Paul Davies to thank for getting this far although he may not be thanking him for much longer as I believe the Dubai based player will send Hawkins home this evening. 10pts J.Perry to beat A.Carter 5/4 Sportingbet Joe Perry had a decent run in this tournament last year, losing narrowly to Jamie Cope who went on to make the final. Perry has looked in good form in this event this time too and I believe that he can continue his progress in the event at the hands of Ali Carter. Carter is a solid player but he has an annoying habit of losing in the last 16/quarter final stage of a tournament and with Perry in good form he's definitely good value to see off Carter tonight.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Quarter finals are on Friday. Of the 2 afternoon ones I like this one. 10pts J.Swail +2.5 frames to beat R.O'Sullivan 5/6 Sportingbet Joe Swail has played some really good stuff in this competition so far and has a big handicap on his side here. O'Sullivan saw off Michael Judge 5-2 in the last 16 but afterwards he wasn't very complimentary about his performance. Joe Swail has given the Rocket problems in the past and with the form he's in there's no reason why he can't do so again. Ronnie is probably the likely winner but I see no reason why Swail can't win the required 3 frames 1st.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Just the one this evening. 10pts M.Fu -1.5 frames to beat L.Song 10/11 Paddy Power Marco Fu takes on China's Liu Song in an all Asia battle tonight with a great chance of not only making the semis of this event but the final too because he'd face Joe Perry or Gerard Greene in the semis should he win. He played very well last night against John Higgins. He rode the early storm and played good snooker and won nicely despite a spirited fightback from the Scot. Liu Song played well in beating Stephen Maguire but this is his 1st quarter final and he's up against a really in form player in Fu. The fact that Fu is one of his idols may not help him either and I will take the established Fu to win this 5-3 or better.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Top class stuff Kev. Just a point about some earlier matches, has anyone noticed how players were available to back at ridiculous odds and actually being backed in some of the group games? For example Hawkins 1.11 :eek on Betfair to beat Maguire as soon as Hendry lost 4-0 to Davies with Maguire already through. Judge was 1.01 :eyes to beat Walden who also was through which would secure Judge's progress if he won. It certainly raises questions.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Semi finals today. Gonna leave the 1st one alone but will bet in the 2nd one. 10pts M.Fu -1.5 frames to beat G.Greene 11/10 Boylesports Marco Fu has played well throughout this tournament and while his match with Liu Song in the quarter finals never really got going, Fu was clinical when he needed to be and saw off the up and coming Chinaman with ease. Greene looked good in his quarter final but he's into unchartered territory in terms of having never been in a ranking event semi final before. Nerves could play a part which won't happen with Fu as he's been here many times. Fu's cueing well and scoring heavily and I think he'll beat the Ulsterman 6-4 or better.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Fu missed countless chances to win 6-4 but went on and won 6-5 :wall:wall. Final today then is O'Sullivan vs Fu and based on O'Sullivan in finals in the last season and a bit I don't see this being close. 10pts R.O'Sullivan -3.5 frames to beat M.Fu 5/6 Boylesports Marco Fu competes in his 2nd ranking event final here and it happens to be his 2nd Grand Prix final too. He lost that final 9-2 to Stephen Lee and this one may go a similar way. The fact is Fu is up against it here. He played well early doors in this event but since knocking John Higgins out in the last 16 he's looked poor but done enough to come through. He needs to go up several gears though to cope with a very fluent O'Sullivan. Ronnie could have given up the ghost when he trailed 2-5 to Shaun Murphy in the semi final but he ran off 4 very good pressure breaks to take that match 6-5 and he looks the better of the two players. Fu would need to stay close to O'Sullivan early doors and can't afford to be any worse than 4-3 down at half time but I can see O'Sullivan coming out of the traps, building a lead and then consolidating it in the evening. I'm confident O'Sullivan will win this no worse than 9-5.

Re: Snooker: Royal London Watches Grand Prix Ronnie's head has gone. Fu will take this 9-5 now. Ronnie just looks like he has accepted defeat and his body language says "I don't give a fcuk". Very surprised by him, thought he would win this final easily enough after the way he destroyed Fu previously. :wall

Ronnie's head has gone. Fu will take this 9-5 now. Ronnie just looks like he has accepted defeat and his body language says "I don't give a fcuk". Very surprised by him' date=' thought he would win this final easily enough after the way he destroyed Fu previously. :wall[/quote'] WOW, where the fcuk did that display of potting come from. Fantastic clearance from Ronnie, what a ding dong game this is. :)

Shit me :eek. What a red up the cushion that was :eek. Think there's another twist in this though.
Ronnie's long potting is awful tonight. I tried to get on Ronnie in running on betfair before he won the other frame, kept going down from 3.35 to about 1.56, all my bets were unmatched, kind of glad now. I think Fu is just about over the winning line.