X Factor 2007

Re: X Factor 2007

Right then, I have waited long enough, and can see the guy winning, but now is the time to lay off my bet on Rhydian. As I pointed out in post 8, I took advantage of Sky's 25/1, and have laid it off on bf at 3.4 to lock in a nice profit :cow. Will I be cheesed off if he wins or his odds drop a lot further? Of course I will, but there is something about this 21st century version of Max Headroom that tells me he'll not have enough popularity to carry him through the final stages.
Surprised there's been no updates on this topic. I was really disappointed to bale out when I did, and I should have made a lot more, had I onlky waited until he dropped to odds on. However, I was still gobsmacked when he didn't win. I don't put it down to the public's disaffection with the stapler-scarred robot - more a case of mobile-mad Jocks spending their money on one of their own. Who can forget Michelle McManus's amazing run to victory a few years ago - the power of the voting public, eh?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: X Factor 2007 Watchdog probe into X Factor final BD99999A725CA5AF5F3F19579271.jpg Broadcasting watchdog Ofcom has asked ITV to hand over information relating to the final of the X Factor. The show was plunged into controversy after hundreds of viewers claimed that they could not get through to vote for Welsh runner-up Rhydian Roberts on Saturday evening. Despite being the favourite to win he lost to Scottish singer Leon Jackson, who is now expected to land the Christmas Number One. The regulator confirmed earlier this week that it was investigating the final of the X Factor following complaints from viewers. The fact that Ofcom has asked ITV for the information was revealed in a letter to Culture Secretary James Purnell. It said it had also asked ITV for the full findings of its Deloitte report into problems with participation-TV on programmes such as Saturday Night Takeaway. The broadcaster was criticised for not publishing the full report in October. Ofcom chief executive Ed Richards wrote: "The Deloitte review publicly identified seven programmes or series where failures occurred (Soapstar Superstar, Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Ant and Dec's Gameshow Marathon, I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, X Factor, Dancing On Ice and The British Comedy Awards). "We have therefore asked ITV for the full findings by Deloitte on each of these programmes and for all other relevant information on all of these programmes (including of course information necessary for us to be able to assess the most recent set of complaints received over the past few days)." He added: "This should assist us to complete our thorough investigation into these programmes."

Re: X Factor 2007 Nothing will come of it. They may very well huff and puff and act all mighty but the likes of OFCOM will never bother to reverse a decision on a reality TV show or demand that the public gets a chance of a re-vote (not unless it's under the producers say-so anyhow). Even Rhydian's mother has told fans to stop moaning (I've no idea if she's been paid off but she doesn't seem overly concerned that her son lost as much as Rhydian's backers and fans do. I suppose the fact that Rhydian still gets a record contract softens the blow.). OT: Hmmm. Holy Moly says that Jamie Redknapp won £10,000 because Leon won! :lol :eek Leona. Leon. I suppose someone called Leo has a great chance next year then! ;) :rollin