A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th)

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Oct 5th) Without having seen prices, I'd say the home team should be favs, with Wellington priced around 3.0. anything above that would see me on the away, the 'nix look stronger each week I see them

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Oct 5th)

Without having seen prices, I'd say the home team should be favs, with Wellington priced around 3.0. anything above that would see me on the away, the 'nix look stronger each week I see them
If thats the case then i reckon i may be all over Wellington. They have put in some solid performances the past month and won their last 2 games, while Queensland are yet to win a game at home and have goal scoring problems. Will wait to see the odds, but i may take a stab at the NZ team here

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) Well done getting these up Ads as I have been flat out lately, barely got time to breath :loon The Pheonix have to be a big chance here on form. Queensland would be lucky to score in a King's Cross alley and the away team have been performing very well.

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) Queensland Roar v Wellington Phoenix Friday, 5 October 2007 Kick-Off 8:00pm AEST (11:00pm NZDT, 7:30pm ACST, 6:00pm AWST) Suncorp Stadium, Queensland Queensland Roar FC Squad: 1.Liam REDDY (gk), 4.Craig MOORE (Captain), 5.Josh McCLOUGHAN, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.Simon LYNCH, 11.REINALDO, 14.Ben GRIFFIN, 15.Matt McKAY, 16.Hyuk-Su SEO, 18.Danny TIATTO,19.Sasa OGNENOVSKI, 21.Chris GROSSMAN, 22.Robbie KRUSE, 23.MARCINHO, 30.Griffin McMASTER (gk). * one to be omitted In: Chris Grossman (promoted), Robbie Kruse (promoted) Out: Ante Milicic (groin injury – 3 weeks) Unavailable: Andrew Packer (calf injury – 1 week), Matt Ham (shoulder injury – out for season). Wellington Phoenix squad: 1.Mark PASTON (gk), 2.Jeremy CHRISTIE, 3.Tony LOCHHEAD, 5.Karl DODD, 6.Tim BROWN, 7.Ross ALOISI (captain), 8.Vaughan COVENY, 9.Shane SMELTZ, 10.Michael FERRANTE, 12.Richard JOHNSON, 13.Steven OLD, 14.Steven O’DOR, 15.George PALADINI, 20.Glen MOSS (gk), 21.Felipe CAMPOS, 22.Royce BROWNLIE. * one to be omitted In: Steven Old (promoted), Royce Brownlie (promoted) Out: Daniel (suspended – 1 week) Unavailable: Vince Lia (thigh – 1 week) Stats, Facts & Milestones Queensland will be looking to overcome one of the poorest home records in the Hyundai A-League. With just five wins in its 24 matches to date, the Roar's all-time rate of home wins (21 percent) stands as the lowest of all current teams in the Hyundai A-League, with Perth Glory (25 percent home wins) the next lowest. Queensland will also be attempting to bump up their home goals record - with 24 goals in its 24 games to date, the Roar have by far the lowest home goals per game ratio, the next lowest being Perth Glory (1.3 goals per home game).

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) Head 2 Head

Queensland P1-W1-D0-L0 (Home: 0-0-0-0)

Jul 27, 07

Wellington Phoenix

1 - 2

Queensland Roar

Betting @ Bet365 QUEENSLAND $1-95 WELLINGTON $3-60 DRAW $3-25 Unbelievable to think Wellington could be at such huge odds when you consider their form. A 2-1 win over Sydney which was a great effort away from home. They then held Adelaide to a 2-2 in New Zealand before a 4-1 thumping of Perth last weekend. Compare that to Queensland who are struggling to score, especially at home, Wellington are super odds. Wellington are the best value I have seen in the A league for ages, especially the Asian Hcp. I don't have much time for a review but I think the Wellington defence has been first class this season and they are well capable of beating Queensland here. At those odds for a team who has picked up 7 points in their last three games to a team who has picked up none, then it says back me. Wellington to WIN @ $3-60 (Bet365)

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) Queensland major difficulty is their inability to score, yet they are as attacking as any other team in the league, with the highest amount of shots for any team. Wellington are a good team, but too often let their opposition score. Out of the 4 games this season where they have claimed points, they have come from behind in each game. They have the highest amount of goals for(10), but also the highest amount of goals against(10). I'm going to leave this game alone, but I don't see Wellington winning it away from home. I'm tipping a draw. Good luck all.

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) Queensland vs Wellington I pretty much agree with everything written above by Beejayville. Wellington have been excellent the past month or so and have taken 7 points from a possible 9 in their past three matches. Daniel will be missing from their squad this week, but other than that they are bringing pretty much a full strength team to Suncorp. Also, you gotta remember Queensland are a surprisingly bad Home team and are yet to win a home game this year. This was also the case last season too. Ive seen alot of Queenslands games this year and they are poor finishes, they have a great side on paper and defend well, but they lack the polish to convert their chances. The $3.60 available on Wellington is a joke and is the best value ive seen in a long long time in this league. Pick Wellington Win at $3.60 - Bet365

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) Crazy price, i guess the only thing that worries me is a potential Draw. IASbet are offering $2.09 for Wellington on the +0.5 Asian Handicap so that i adequote cover, but that $4.00 is just crazy :loon

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th)

Crazy price' date=' i guess the only thing that worries me is a potential Draw. IASbet are offering $2.09 for Wellington on the +0.5 Asian Handicap so that i adequote cover, but that $4.00 is just crazy :loon[/quote'] I think Wellington without Daniel is a big blow. As the user in on fire. So far Wellington are performing well under him, I think is time for them to cope without Daniel. So they might struggle on certain place. So i will go for Queensland Roar to win. :cow :hope

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) I went to the game last week between Melb Victory and Qld Roar and i dont know how the roar lost that game...i thought they looked really good but just couldnt put the ball in the old onion bag. Based on that its only a matter of time before the roar get it right and score some goals hencefinally having a win at home...... so yes i'm going for queensland roar to win :ok

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th)

I went to the game last week between Melb Victory and Qld Roar and i dont know how the roar lost that game...i thought they looked really good but just couldnt put the ball in the old onion bag. Based on that its only a matter of time before the roar get it right and score some goals hencefinally having a win at home...... so yes i'm going for queensland roar to win :ok
good luck.

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) A very defensive match so far, Wellington have barely had a shot so far, but they are also defending quite well. Queensland have had a number of opportunities but still cant convert. Felipe has been excellent for Wellington, but bad news as he has just hobbled off injured and been replaced by George Paladini. Score 1-0 after 44 minutes

Re: A-League Round 7 - Queensland vs Wellington (Friday Oct 5th) Queensland make it 2-0 just before half time with Kruse the goalscorer. Im prepared to say this game is over. Cannot see Wellington getting back into this game now, a very disappointing first half