Tonights Friendlies

Guest Schenzer

Guest Schenzer

Heres tonights tips for you. I won't say who from though ;) Romania v Ukraine Jonathan Grundy says: I quite fancy the Ukraine in this one, given that they're a pretty decent side who would probably have gone to the World Cup Finals if they hadn't drawn Germany in the playoffs. I don't know whether they've got their full squad (ie. Schevchenko, Rebrov etc.) though. Still, I don't reckon Romania are much cop these days. Romania v Ukraine 1.80 3.30 3.75 Expert Prediction: Take Ukraine at that fantastic price for an away win. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bosnia v FYR Macedonia Andrew Grundy says: I'll keep it short but sweet. Bosnia would have to run out favourites for this one. Lets remember, the two countries aren't the best of friends so the result of the game will actually matter to people. Bosnia v FYR Macedonia 1.57 3.50 5.00 Expert Prediction: Bosnia to take the spoils. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Liechtenstein v Northern Ireland Rick Cordt says: Its not rocket science. Everybody knows that Liechtenstein just do not win. A banker bet at poor odds I know, but a banker all the same, Liechtenstein v Northern Ireland 8.00 5.00 1.25 Expert Prediction: McIlroy's men get the win. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wales v Czech Republic Andy Jackson says: Neither of these countries has qualified for the World Cup, but both will be looking for something to celebrate tonight. Wales boss Mark Hughes will be looking to thank the Welsh fans for their support during the World Cup campaign with a win, but the Czech's will have other ideas. I can see the Welsh squad doing enough for a draw here, against a much stronger squad on paper. Wales v Czech Rep 3.60 3.10 1.90 Expert Prediction: Take the draw at great odds! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- England v Italy Jonathan Grundy says: I don't want to call this one really, but I'll have to give my verdict on it. I think it'll probably end in a draw, which at 3.00 seems like a good punt. Bit of a dicey one though, especially with our injuries, although I think the Italians have left out some key players as well. England v Italy 2.10 3.00 3.20 Expert Prediction: Stalemate. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Greece v Belgium Jonathan Grundy says: The Greeks look like a good price here. Although the Belgians are quite useful, we all know how hostile the home crowd are in Greece, and 2.30 looks like a great price for a home side who aren't that bad. Greece v Belgium 2.30 3.10 2.75 Expert Prediction: Greek win. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Holland v Spain Jonathan Grundy says: The bookies look like they fancy a draw in this one, but I can see a Dutch win on the assumption that half the Spanish first team will be staying at home to play in their domestic league. Holland v Spain 2.25 2.87 3.00 Expert Prediction: Holland to win at a good price. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest backhander

Re: Romania vs Ukraine Ha Ha! I loved that analysis - I don't know whether the Ukraine have their full squad but pick 'em anyway cos I don't reckon Romania are 'much cop'. And picking the Ukraine was an 'expert' opinion rather than one purely made by sticking a pin in one of the the three results? Final score - 4-1 Romania (a bit more homework required methinks!) I have just one pick tonight and (unpatriotically) I'm have to pick the Czechs to beat my home nation, Wales. The Welsh squad has been decimated by injury and the Czechs have a full deck to choose from - Koller, Nedved, Smicer, Rosicky et al. I can see us putting up our usual plucky fight but I fear the visitors will have too much punch for us. Sports.com are offering 2.38 on a Czech which I think is excellent value considering many bookies are going odds on.

Guest Perseas

Re: Romania vs Ukraine I am 36 years old and this is the first time i saw that kind of atmosphere in a game ,The crowd was the best i have ever seen .It was a very good match with many good chances the goalkeepers were the best players maybe draw was the best result....

Guest Toxicity

Re: Greece vs Belgium I resent what that ass said about the hostile Greek Crowd. The only game that anything happens are the PAO vs Olympiakos games. I dont think you understand how much of rivals these two are! This has been forever and thats why it was such a good game to watch! The Ref got the crap kicked out of him and rightfully so (im not PAO, im olympiakos) but if he did that to Olympiakos, there would be no more Ap. Nikolidis Stadium on leoforos, it would be burnt down! analysis of the game, and the crowd had nothing to do with the win A strong start to the game from the Greek side. Several Tet-a-tets for the Greek side with the Belgian Goalie, but the ball did not find the back of the net. After a lot of attempts the Greek side took a breather and Belgium puts the first goal of the game from Goor making it 0-1. Kick-off for the second half and Sonck doubles the score for the Belgium Team 9min into the second half. This discouraged the Greek side. However, they regained they're true Spirt after scoring their first goal from Tsartas from the penalty spot at 60min. Proved to be a valuable goal, the Greek side started pushing again for the their next goal and their efforts not put down, at 79 Vrizas heads the ball from the free kick into the back of the net making it 2-2. The Greeks did not end it their, they fought and gained their 3rd goal doubling his tally, Vrizas scores an amazing shot where not even Barthes and Kahn put together can catch at 85'. Greece vs Belgium, 3-2. Just goes to show, The game is not over until the old bald fat bastard blows the whistle!

Guest backhander

Re: Wales vs Czech Republic Wales hung on for grim death in a goalless draw with the Czechs. They squander countless chances in the first half and are denied by some superby saves by Nottm Forest keeper Darren Ward. Jan Koller has a goal disallowed for offside in the second half. Danny Gabbidon made his Wales debut and looked quite confident - getting stuck in when needed. I may have lost the bet backing the Czechs but Wales are becoming a very tough nut to crack, even if they do ride their luck every so often. Well done boyos