Mid-week International Friendlies....

Guest memthebetman

Guest aling77

Re: Mid-week International Friendlies.... Italy +1? Its excellent value as we in Macau are getting Italy +0.25. England is a depleted squad but Joe Cole, Vassell, Murphy are out there to impress. Italy will have absolutely no interests in this game and no disgrace if they lose an away game. Well, their attitude in the home friendly against the US said it all. Will go for England.

Guest Vinnie Vegas

Re: Mid-week International Friendlies.... Hello one and all!!! Spotted a double I am considering punting on today namely: FRANCE to beat Scotland POLAND to beat Japan The france game likes appetizing to me as the french boss is calling for an improved performance whilst Berti boy doesn't seem to care if they win, more "how they play the game". Oh and France are World Champions and Scotland are well, Scotland.... Poland should beat Japan at home shouldn't they??? They'll be freezing their @arses off over there. I am looking for one more game to complete a treble. The choices I've narrowed it down to are: Latvia to beat Luxemberg or for the value Uruguay to beat Saudi Arabia. Has anyone out there got any info on Latvia V Luxemberg, namely are Luxemberg reallly that bad?. Cheers and good luck, Vinnie Vegas.

Guest Alan Hansen

Trebles Although I am not betting tonight I thought that this may be of value for somebody. Uraguay 2.2 win Wales 3. draw England 2.8 draw Holland 2.87 draw Ecuador 2.1 win 10 trebles at 1 unit Pays 171.86 units at Hills

Guest Forssell

Re: Portugal - Finland I´m watching the game at TV and just had to say that we control the game very well. 0 - 2 at the moment and Chelsea´s Super-Sub made a nice goal.... :) -------------------------------------------------------- 1 - 3 HT. Maybe the result ATM flatter us, but it isn´t our fault that Portugal have so slow defenders! Ball possession was about 60 % - 40 % to Portugal, but sure you can keep the ball if you are not going to do anything with it. We´ll see what there is going to happend in the second half...

Guest TUFCJON

Re: Portugal - Finland Italy + 1 @ 1.61 This came out as a winner and returned a tidy profit..did anyone take it I did say in the post above in this thread "I cannot see England winning"!! Now I have Yugoslavia and Brazil to count on..heres hoping for a draw!! Jon

Guest IntlPaddy

too bad i did not check this out earlier I could have at least saved you some cash since I was personally adamant Finland would get at least a draw in Porto, because of the injuries in the Portuguese squad and the fact that Finland has lately trashed Greece 5-1, Belgium 4-1,(and Norway, and Czechs), and drew twice with Germans and once with England and this was the best possible team Finland had yesterday which probably also the portuguese can now admit being not that bad. Unfortunately I did not invest there too heavily myself but as a Finn I am just happy to have a proper national team at last. Sorry if this feels like bragging.

Guest brendanuk111

Re: too bad i did not check this out earlier you forgot to mention the game against South Korea before they played Portugal, what was the score in that? ;)

Guest IntlPaddy

South Korea I did yes, (and got caught here) the thing with the national team is that the first XI is very good but if the key players are missing then the quality drops dramatically and Hyypia, Litmanen & Kolkka were not playing that game. Unfortunately there is no depth yet in the team so almost every substitution weakens the team.

Well done Finland Congrats to Finland you guys done really well!! I watched the game on Portuguese TV and the commentators were absolutely stunned by our poor performance and it got to the stage that the home crowd were cheering Finland on to score a fifth :( We were abysmal at the back and it just shows how badly motivated we were for the game. We don't respect weaker sides than us that much sadly. We only seem to get motivated against the big boys like we showed at Euro 2000 and the grudge match friendly in Spain. But you can bet that in our next friendly at home to Brazil we'll be much more up for the game. I don't think Figo and Rui's absence had much to do with it we just didn't look bothered against a smart Finland side. It would be nice to see Finland at Euro 2004 good luck with qualification :)

Guest IntlPaddy

Thanks, we could do with some luck in the next qualifying because I can not say we had any in the draw: Italy, Yugoslavia and Wales will be hard to beat, at least in away games. If Portugal plays the same way in Japan and Korea than it did in the last games it will be mine and the general publics favourite to follow. I just would have liked to see what Hyypiä & Litmanen have said to Xavier in the Anfield dressing room, i think people should enjoy their wins when they can. :D