USA v Holland

Does anyone know what kind of squad the dutch have taken to the US for this game. I see the US being offered at 3.20 for this game. At home against a weak dutch team, not going to the world cup. I think that this offers value. The offical KNVB web site reports. "A hard season of football seems to have taken its toll on the Dutch national squad. Van Nistelrooij is out with a groin problem and Kluivert is staying home with a sore knee. Goalie Van der Sar and forward Hasselbaink will soon undergo surgery. Also Ronald de Boer is out injured. Marc Overmars is the latest Dutch casualty. " They seem to have lost all their 3 top strikers. The USA is pretty much at full strength and had a good win last night. Any reason not to have a go at this price ?

Guest Taco

Re: USA v Holland Yes, good spot! This game has got to be the 1X bet of the weekend! :) The USA are a very hard to beat, workmanline side - comparible to Ireland and we all know how the Dutch faired against them in qualifying ;) The USA have played quite a lot of friendlies recently and have been preparing for the World Cup for a while now. The Dutch will just be looking to get this one out of the way and many of their players will be worrying about their club futures with Van Gaal taking over at Barca etc.. I think a low scoring game is in store, possibly 1-0 USA or 0-0/1-1. All those Dutch injuries just confirm that this will be a very hard game for the Dutch to win!

Guest pradoxy

Re: USA v Holland No way this could be a win for holland the yanks are very tired and getting injured the players themselves are complaining that they are being overplayed. They beat jamaica 5 0 but had a few players with knocks

Guest Justin O

mathis Clint Mathis, the top US goal-scoring threat, hurt his toe vs. Jamaica. I suspect they'll keep him out. The U.S. team may very well play this one with "don't get hurt" on their minds. What I want to know is how will the Dutch players spend their Saturday night in Boston? Will they still be hung over come the 2:00PM kick-off?

Guest GoDizzGo

USA-Holland Actually, CMGI Field in Foxboro, Mass. is closer to Providence, Rhode Island, than Boston. Nevetheless, each place is well known for their ability to have plenty of evening. I'm thinking towards a draw, although the play of the USA's 1st and 2nd string defense doesn't give me confidence. (my speculation is that F Mathis, G Keller, D Vanney, D Llamosa, and possibly D Pope will not play)

Guest Justin O

hmm... Agreed regarding Mathis, but Keller, Llamosa and Vanney likely wouldn't play even if fit. You think Pope won't play? I guess he did get a little banged-up vs. Uruguay but I was assuming he'd just take the Jamaica match off. I might put a small stake on the USA at 2.10 with an Asian handicap of 0 (fonbet).

Guest Yorkshire Gambler

Re: hmm... Anybody have any further team news on this?? Predictions anybody? I vowed not to bet on friendlies again after today, but I guess a small flutter would only make things more interesting. Advice greatfully received.

Guest leggat

Re: hmm... OK I have saw most of the Holland team there putting out and I think they can win. There calling up "Pierre van Hooijdonk" because of the injurys and quite frankly he is better than Beckham at freekicks. Holland are still putting out a good defence today too. As long as Holland get a free kick from about 30 yards from goal they'll score. :) Read more... www.onefootball.com/index...sid=113485

Guest DigitalMonkey

Pierre better than Beckham at Free-kicks? haha Beckham does it regular in World Cups and Champions League.Does Pierre? Mind you Pierre is used to playing in Poor Leagues like Scotland and Hollland where a couple of teams are so much better than the rest.

Uefa cup Say what you like about Pierre, but he scored the free kicks that took his team to the chapions league, he also scored one against inter in the semi. Remind me again what Beckham won this year ?

Guest DigitalMonkey

I was only 'winding you all up'! I think the Argies will jump on Beckhams foot as soon as they play,seriously.

Guest milmark

Re: I was only 'winding you all up'! I am searching for one more surprise, so USA- Holland: X-1 Who knows what will happen:)

Guest pradoxy

re yall have good time now !! Who said friendlies were a waste of time??????? managed a single win on holland at 5\4 :)

Re: re yall have good time now !! Well I got the Nigeria, Germany, Holland treble, but I should have gone for the Roy Makaay 2-0 Holland that I was so close to having at 66-1. I saw some of you saying that Holland didn't have some of their best strikers, so I was tempted but decided against it in the end! :(

Guest leggat

Re: re yall have good time now !! I thought even though Holland's attack wasn't as good because of the injurys, they still handled the game great in defence (Jaap Stam was a rock) and done ok in midfield, and there strikers missed a lot of good chances and ended up getting jammy goals. PS. did anyone get that annoying border around there TV while watching the game on Sky 1?