** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 Guess its down to the crucial stages, if anyone is interested in the scenario's at this stage this excerpts from the official FIFA site would be of some help. Group A - How things stand:1. Germany: 4 points, goal difference +11 2. Japan: 4 points, +1 3. England: 2 points, 0 4. Argentina: 0 points, -12 Argentina have no points and are out of the running for a quarter-final spot, leaving the other three teams in Group A to fight it out. Germany and Japan face each other, while England take on Argentina. If England fail to beat the South Americans, both Germany and Japan will qualify, regardless of their result. A win for England would be enough to see them through to the next round, with one proviso: should Germany and Japan draw, then England need to win by two clear goals, giving them a better goal difference than the Japanese, with whom they will be level on points. Should England win by only one goal, then they would be level on points with Japan with the same goal difference. The number of goals scored would then come into play, and should the teams still be level here, then disciplinary points (yellow and red cards) will decide, since when the two teams met, the match ended in a 2-2 draw. Group B - How things stand:1. Korea DPR: 4 points, +2 2. USA: 4 points, +2 3. Nigeria: 1 point, -2 4. Sweden: 1 point, -2 Sweden, who were runners-up in 2003, are currently in trouble in Group B, as are Nigeria. The Swedes play Korea DPR in their final match, while the Nigerians face USA. A draw will be enough for the Koreans and the Americans to reach the quarter-finals, whereas Sweden and Nigeria both need to win by three clear goals if they are to get through to the next round. If both were to win by this margin, then USA and Korea DPR would be out. Should there be the same result in both matches, then disciplinary points would be decisive, as in Group A. Group C - How things stand:Australia: 4 points, +3 Norway: 4 points, +1 Canada: 3 points, +3 Ghana: 0 points, -7 Ghana are already out of the running in Group C, with the three others teams all hoping to make the quarter-finals. Leaders Australia play Canada while Norway face Ghana. The Australians and Norwegians have four points each and are favourites to go through to the last eight, with a draw being enough to see them progress. Canada need to win, unless Norway were to lose to Ghana, in which case a draw would enable them to qualify as they would have a better goal difference. Group D - How things stand:1. Brazil: 6 points, +9 2. Denmark: 3 points, +1 3. China PR: 3 points, -3 4. New Zealand: 0 points, -7 In Group D, Brazil are as good as through already even if mathematically, Denmark - their next opponents - and China PR, who face New Zealand, could still catch them. Those two teams, however, are basically fighting it out for the remaining quarter-final spot. Even New Zealand still have a slight hope, but they would need a footballing miracle. For China to qualify, they have to either better Denmark's result or in the event of both sides winning, achieve a victory margin five goals better than the Danes'. BOL :cheers

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 North Korea-Sweden Attack the only option for Sweden The heat is on for European heavyweights Sweden, who must win their final group match by at least a three-goal margin to avoid relying on the outcome of the other Group B fixture between Nigeria and USA. Korea DPR, meanwhile, need just a point to ensure their place in the last eight. The match Korea DPR-Sweden, Tianjin, 18 September, 20:00 (local time) The stakes A tense finish seems guaranteed in Group B, where all four teams are still in the hunt for the two available quarter-final berths. Korea DPR have the edge on Tuesday's opponents, a draw being enough for them to progress, whereas 2003 losing finalists Sweden must win by at least three goals so as not to be dependent on events elsewhere. The Koreans have enjoyed a storming start to the competition, exhibiting a potent combination of speed, teamwork, set-piece mastery, tactical discipline and technical ability. Kim Kwang-Min's gifted charges followed up an impressive 2-2 draw with favourites USA with a clinical 2-0 success over Nigeria. The Swedes, meanwhile, have struggled. Having leaked a late equaliser in a 1-1 opening draw with the African champions, their mistakes proved costly in the 2-0 reverse against the USA. Indefatigable forward Victoria Svensson's finishing has been awry thus far, while fellow front-runner Hanna Ljungberg will need better service from the likes of Charlotta Schelin in midfield to prevent an embarrassing early exit. The players Both coaches have full-strength squads from which to choose. The past Sweden and Korea DPR have faced each other on two occasions, with the Scandinavians winning 1-0 both times. The first match was a friendly in 2002, the second taking place at the FIFA Women's World Cup USA 2003 where experienced striker Svensson grabbed the winner. The birthday Korean defender Jang Yong-Ok turns 25 on the eve of the game, and three points would be the ideal belated birthday gift. The words Our next game against Sweden will be very tough, but we're ready to take them on. We haven't sealed qualification yet so we're obliged to play to win, there's no other way - Kim Kwang Min, Korea DPR coach. Luck's not been on our side and we've only got one point in the bag. But we'll do everything in our power to get back on track and try and win our third group match. If we can do that then anything is possible - Thomas Dennerby, Sweden coach. Group B : 1. Korea DPR: 4 points, +2 2. USA: 4 points, +2 3. Nigeria: 1 point, -2 4. Sweden: 1 point, -2 • Prediction = Over 2.5 • Odds = 1.67 • Stake = 7/10 • Bookmakers = Bet365

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 I am taking both game over today.It is the last game of the round and usa need to prove something here and they surely wants the first place to avoid meeting germany in the q/finals.Korea can relax a bit and sweden surely need to prove their 3rd place in the world is no fluke and dont want to get out of the group stages with 0 points.I expect both game to be open football today. usa over [email protected] 6/10 korea over [email protected] 6/10

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 I have stayed away quite some time on this tournament but today is the semi final and a punt should be nice to watch the game later.My favorite team playing against the scandinavian today and there is too little to choose between them.Germany have been progressing well and norway need to make a big game to get anything out of this game.The handicap is set high for germany and with this two teams previous record it should be good to take norway on the hcp probably.I will just try a small stakes on draw as this might go to extra time and a medium stakes on the over as well. [email protected] 2/10 over [email protected] 4/10 GL

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 I think Norway will have problems with Germany's physical game and really sharp attacking, also Norway miss keyplayer Mykjaland, a midfielder who is very important for Norway's attacking game. I'm on Germany -0.75, smallish.

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07

Germany are really superb.The over done and no way this match can end in draw but still win 2 units today.:ok congrats gg no way you can lose on germany.
3-0 :) Thanks, rockman, a nice win, although only dared with small stake,

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 I hope we´ll meet Brasil in the WC final on sunday to have the revenche for the german boys for the lost final in 2002 at south corea/japan. It was a nice goal but I was wondering about the weak effort of norway in the second half and also the coach of norway. He substituted 3 players until the 60th minute without a chance to substitute an injured player. It was not the best move he made. 1-0 and everything could happen. Also extra time ... :unsure whatever . .. germany 3 norway 0 :ok

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 Usa and brazil today.I don't know frankly who will win this match even though usa have great record against brazil.Brazil has improved really well this past few years and the states girl won't have it easy in this game.Martha and cristiane is a joy to watch and i would punt a small stakes on the over in this match.Who wins don't matter to me for this match but i like the states girls to win it so that in the final my favourite germany will teach them a football lesson.:tongue2 over [email protected] 3/10

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 Agree about over, from what I've seen Brazil's a very attacking minded team, no surprise with palyers like Martha, but their defence's not nearly the same class. I'm also tempted by USA -0.25 at around evens, I see USA as favourites, my impression is that they are more solid and not so up and down as Brazil, somehow I think this will be important in a match like this one.

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 Usa - Brasile Final push for USA and Brazil When football fans in Hangzhou bought their tickets to the FIFA Women's World Cup semi-final being staged in the city, a strong number will have dreamed about seeing USA lock horns with Brazil for a place in the deciding match. On Thursday their wish will come true. On one side will stand the two-time world champions, currently riding a 51-game unbeaten streak and boasting the forward power of Kristine Lilly, Heather O'Reilly and the indomitable Abby Wambach. On the other are Brazil, the grand entertainers whose attack is spearheaded by the outstanding duo of Cristiane and Marta, the tournament's joint-leading scorer. The game USA-Brazil, Hangzhou, Thursday 27 September, 20:00 (local) The stakes For Brazil, a very first place in the tournament's final is on the line and, as if any further incentive were required, this match also represents a golden opportunity to avenge their 2-1 extra-time defeat by USA in the final of the 2004 Women's Olympic Football Tournament. By contrast, Greg Ryan will be out to help his American team clear the hurdle at which they fell four years ago. The players No suspensions or injuries should mean USA are at full strength. Shoulder problems are a concern for Brazil, with Tania a doubt and Rosana unlikely to be fit enough to play from the start. No player from either side will go into the game on a yellow card. The past USA have won 18 of 22 previous meetings with Brazil, including their last one, 2-0 at Giants Stadium in June when Lilly and Wambach found the net. They also prevailed on both occasions the teams met at the FIFA Women's World Cup, 5-0 in 1991 and 2-0 in 1999. The Seleção's solitary victory over their opponents came in a 1997 friendly. The words I expect this game to be very physical like our game in June. Marta wasn't there then but she is one of the most talented players in the world. Her presence on the field will make them a much more dangerous team attacking-wise - Greg Ryan, USA coach The USA are an excellent team, they have many quality players. We are working with our players to keep their concentration the full 90 minutes to avoid the mistakes we made against Australia in defence. I expect a very good game but i'm not thinking about revenge. I only want a good performance - Jorge Barcellos, Brazil coach Usa 22/09-07 Womens WC 2007, Final Round Stati Uniti vs. Inghilterra 3:0 18/09-07 Womens WC 2007, Group B Nigeria vs. Stati Uniti 0:1 14/09-07 Womens WC 2007, Group B Svezia vs. Stati Uniti 0:2 11/09-07 Womens WC 2007, Group B Stati Uniti vs. Nord Korea 2:2 Brasile 23/09-07 Womens WC 2007, Final Round Brasile vs. Australia 3:2 20/09-07 Womens WC 2007, Group D Brasile vs. Danimarca 1:0 15/09-07 Womens WC 2007, Group D Brasile vs. Cina 4:0 12/09-07 Womens WC 2007, Group D Nuova Zelanda vs. Brasile 0:5 • Prediction = Over 2.5 • Odds = 1.94 • Stake = 5/10 • Bookmakers = 10Bet

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 horrible match by the american girls. Another own goal in this tourney to 0-1 and 0-2 by Marta. Looks like a match of the male teams in football. Brasil make the game and the US girls are shocked and can´t answer to this kind of offensive play. Brasil should win this match!

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 Nice going guys. Must say that I fancy Brazil in the final. They impressed me much more with their moves than Germany which had many errors in their play against Norway. Besides, Germany were quite lucky against North Korea. On the other hand, I will do hard to really bet on Brazil as our girls seem to beat who comes across...

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 Hmmm. Third place play-off. Norway have injuries and the US doesn't (obviously they do have Shannon Boxx suspended though). 'Over 2.5 goals' though is a bit touch-and-go (makes one a bit bilious with both teams not being able to find the magic touch in the semi-finals. Norway through inability and the US because they were shut-out from having many decent chances). One would have to favour the US to win inside 90 minutes if only if they're to prove that the Brazil match was a fluke. http://www.fifa.com/womenworldcup/matches/round=2000001015/match=56333/preview.html#former+champions+battle+bronze Before the USA-Brazil match I was fearing that the US would simply outmuscle the Brazilians and grind out a win but it didn't prove to be the case as the Brazilians were just as adept at using their strength...and their elbows. As brutal as a dismantling of the US by Brazil as that it was, it has to be said that it was against TEN women and if Shannon Boxx hadn't been red-carded it could have easily been a different game. I thought the refereeing was shocking and Brazil was given mostly the rub of the green. Very annoyed when discussing the likely results pre-match with a couple of folks half-joking about betting on Brazil (at least 2/1), Marta scoring first (11/2 at Ladbrokes) and Brazil winning 4-0 (a 100/1 shot) that I didn't even have a bet on the match! :( :$ It'll probably be another physical game. Will be surprised if another own goal is the first goal. For some crazy reason I'm thinking this will mirror the 2002 men's World Cup final between Germany-Brazil. It doesn't seem to matter what sport it is as the cliche goes, the Germans always seem to pull off a result. Head says Germany, heart says Brazil. Brazil may rely a little too heavily on their 'Player of the Tournament' Marta and I'll be surprised if Germany don't somehow shackle her. Brazil however do seem to have a variety of talent who can pick up the slack. The same can be said of Germany and Birgit Prinz who despite four goals in the group games hasn't done too much since. One has to be cautious because despite their inexperience (apparently Brazil have only played around 16 games in TWO years!) they're arguably producing above and beyond what they're supposed to be achieving (they're ranked eighth by FIFA). The Chinese crowd is almost certainly rooting for the underdog and that happens to be Brazil. For the good of women's football though (and to rub it in the noses of the Brazilian FA who've only just bothered to announce a Cup competition for Brazilian female football teams) Brazil must win. A fun bet on Brazil to win inside 90 minutes. If anyone's offering odds on Marta to score in 90 minutes, I'll definitely bet on that but I can't find any!

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 Hmmm. Unless my eyes have gone funny William Hill are offering some fairly generous prices just on someone to score a goal in the final. They're probably probably hoping for 0-0. To score in 90 minutes: Birgit Prinz / Germany Women 2/1 Martina Mueller / Germany Women 16/5 Sandra Smisek / Germany Women 16/5 Anja Mittag / Germany Women 7/2 Renate Lingor / Germany Women 4/1 Petra Wimbersky / Germany Women 9/2 Kerstin Garefrekes / Germany Women 11/2 Melanie Behringer / Germany Women 11/2 Fatmire Bajramaj / Germany Women 7/1 Simone Laudehr / Germany Women 8/1 Linda Bresonik / Germany Women 10/1 Ariane Hingst / Germany Women 12/1 Saskia Bartusiak / Germany Women 12/1 Annike Krahn / Germany Women 16/1 Babett Peter / Germany Women 16/1 Kerstin Stegemann / Germany Women 16/1 Sandra Minnert / Germany Women 16/1 Sonja Fuss / Germany Women 16/1 Da Silva Marta / Brazil Women 11/4 Christiane / Brazil Women 16/5 Katia / Brazil Women 9/2 Daniela / Brazil Women 11/2 Formiga / Brazil Women 6/1 Pretinha / Brazil Women 7/1 Ester / Brazil Women 8/1 Grazielle / Brazil Women 8/1 Maycon / Brazil Women 10/1 Renata Costa / Brazil Women 10/1 Daiane / Brazil Women 12/1 Michele / Brazil Women 12/1 Monica / Brazil Women 12/1 Moura Elaine / Brazil Women 12/1 Simone / Brazil Women 12/1 Rosana / Brazil Women 16/1 Tania / Brazil Women 16/1 Aline / Brazil Women 20/1 £20 on Marta at 11/4 to score a goal in the final! :clap

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 Last day of the world cup today.Third place match starting in about 2 hours time and the usa has been favourite with the bookmakers.I don't know how they can be favourite with the kind of play they played throughout this tournament.Norway is not that bad but were totally outclassed in the second half against germany.I will take the over in this game as 3rd place matches usually don't have too much pressure and there should be some goals. USA OVER [email protected] 9/10 Final between two fine teams today.Germany have been efficient throughout this tournament and strolled to the final.Brazil have won plenty of admires with their attacking play.Today it will be the clash i been waiting to see in this cup between prinz and martha.The totally focused pirnz with the flamboyant martha is a threat to watch.I am with my heart here and taking my favourite germany at hcp.They have met 5 times with 3 win for german and 2 draw before today.The 2 meeting between this teams in the world cup has produced a lot of goals but i won't be taking the over in this game. germany level [email protected] 7/10 ful410097023_19020_sq_small.jpgtrhkg755859_21691_sq_small.jpg The clash of titans:hope

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 We'll have to wait and see if Marta does score though (6/1 to score first I may as well have some kind of 'insurance'. Birgit Prinz is 9/2 to score first btw). :hope What the hell was I scared of about the US against Norway!? Mind you I was expecting this kind of performance from them against Brazil and now they're doing it against Norway. They're doing what they're best which is to bully the opposition. Norway aren't helping themselves though playing the US on-side and two defensive errors which effectively gave them a 3-0 lead. Bilious about 'over 2.5 goals'? Well I am now from not betting on it! :lol:puke

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07 I was watching that Marta penalty through my fingers. :( Germany did what I thought the US would do to Brazil. Aftereventing I notice that I still had that William Hill page up and that Simone Laudehr was 20/1 to score the last goal (not that I put any money on that...who the fook would have put money on that!?). Germany were too big, too strong and worked well on the counter-attack and set-pieces albeit being so, so lucky that Brazil couldn't convert their chances. Brazil seemingly relying on Marta far too heavily and paid the price. I had a far too romantic notion of what was going to happen when I should have a cold calculated pragmatic approach. :\

Re: Women World Cup 10/9/07 To 30/09/07

IT`S OVER WE ARE WORLD CUP CHAMPION 2007 :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow