Scotland a bargain????

Guest toshibakid

Guest plumberboy83

Re: Scotland a bargain???? Ok, I've just placed my bet for the Qualifiers. At Bluesq I put on 21 Doubles from 7 matches: Scotland, Denmark, Croatia, France, Germany, Poland & Italy. 45p on each line, works out at £9.45. I dont know how much I stand to win - does anyone know a good odds calc that will tell me? I reckon most of these are surefire except Denmark, but I think they'll get the result. This is just an experiment and if they all come in its trebles on next weeks games.

Guest Da Hannanah

... Just visited a (the?) Faroe newspaper on the Net, and surprisingly - it rains up there... :) Anyway, what I think was their sports-page (the site wasn't in Danish...), was down, so I could only get this PDF from the Faroe Football Associetion. It shows the squad for the Scotland game. www.football.fo/al18.pdf You can see the clubs on the right, and I must admit it looks like (don't laugh) an under-strength Faroe team. Todi Jonsson isn't there (I guess he must have quit international football - he isn't injured) and neither is the guys I knw they had in OB and B93. Just two foreigners in the squad - the keeper (used to play in Denmark, now plays for Molde), and the only striker in the team, Jacobsen, who plays for Vejle. Finally, I leave you all with this line of absolute rubbish, just to show you'll what I went through to get this info: "Skotski landsliðsvenjarin er ónøgdir um ikki at sleppa at spæla!!!"

Bargain Ladbrokes 8/13 is a good price on Scotland, take it. OK, Scotland have lost their last 5 full internationals – but they have been with an experimental squad (especially Far East tour) and against quality opposition – a MASSIVE difference in class compared to the Faroes. In the past, Scotland’s failure to beat smaller nations has been put down to them underestimating the opposition, thinking they have a divine right to win. This game is different - with the press and public almost expecting the team to slip up, the players know what is at stake - quality players such as Lambert know their reputations are on the line. Believe me, Scotland will be as fired up for this game as they would be playing the Germans.

Guest crowie1969

Re: Faroe Islands v Scotland My one consolation - I wasn't in the country to see the match! Landed in Edinburgh, switched on the car radio, 2-2. And the saddest thing about it all - I wasn't surprised (only surprise was both teams scored 2 goals each). Nowt more to say apart from the fact that this national team (?) is killing our spirit very quickly.

Guest Parahandy

Re: ... I hate to say I told you so but I did and was not alone. To think of backing a team playing the way Scotland were in the months leading up to this game was blind something or other. One Scottish pundit showing misplaced optimism on TV shortly before kick off called the Faroes a pub team. He was probably right but didn't reckon this was a contest between TWO pub teams. Played in public park style surroundings, we watched a typical public park game. I'll say no more.

Guest plumberboy83

Re: Scotland a bargain???? I take back all I said about scotland coming good - what a farce! this is the worst scotland team ever! and the statistics prove it. Vogts must go now!