Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9

Wednesday 12 September 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Ukraine v Italy (15:00 BST)4.403.202.10102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Denmark v Liechtenstein (16:00 BST)1.049.6042.00109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Kazakhstan v Belgium (16:00 BST)5.603.901.70103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Andorra v Croatia (17:00 BST)70.0032.001.03102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Finland v Poland (17:00 BST)2.743.302.72104% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Slovakia v Wales (17:30 BST)1.743.755.40103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Cyprus v San Marino (18:00 BST)1.098.0023.00109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Lithuania v Faroe Islands (18:00 BST)1.177.2017.50106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Norway v Greece (18:00 BST)2.143.353.85103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Bulgaria v Luxembourg (18:30 BST)1.0520.0060.00102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Turkey v Hungary (18:30 BST)1.395.0010.00102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Bosnia & Herzegovina v Moldova (19:00 BST)1.334.9011.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Slovenia v Belarus (19:00 BST)1.993.354.50103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Iceland v Northern Ireland (19:05 BST)2.763.402.84101% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct Score1st Half Totals Over/UnderBookings PointsCornersCorners Match BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHat-Trick ScoredNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderRed CardSubstitutions UsedTotal Goals
Czech Republic v Republic of Ireland (19:30 BST)1.723.805.90102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct Score1st Half Totals Over/UnderBookings PointsCornersCorners Match BetFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHat-Trick ScoredNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderRed CardSubstitutions UsedTotal Goals
Macedonia v Estonia (19:30 BST)1.534.007.60104% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Albania v Netherlands (19:45 BST)13.005.401.30104% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
France v Scotland (20:00 BST)1.345.0015.00102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Portugal v Serbia (21:00 BST)1.484.309.60102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreOver/Under
Spain v Latvia (21:00 BST)1.119.8029.00104% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 Not sure what shape Ireland was in on Saturday, but after suffering the win 2 San Marino thanks to well below par performance, no one can back the Czech Republic with any confidence. Add to this that Baros will almost defo not play due to injury and Koller will be card-suspended - that's a team without both first team strikers. Rosicky always underperforms in the national team as well as quite a few others adn the only certainty is Petr Cech in goal who always performs - even against San Marino as there were at least three very good chances from them on Saturday. My call would be LAY of the CR @ the price.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 Ukraine v Italy is an interesting match, I said last week the Italians win when they have to but after the weekends matches Im having a re-think with the prices on offer. Italy travel to Ukraine thinking Scotland will unlikely beat france so a win will leapfrog them into 2nd, though Materrazzi, Toni and likely pirlo will miss through injury and Gattuso is suspended - basically the entire spine of the team and 4 definate starters any other time, Ukraine had a poor result in Georgia but the Georgian keeper was man of the match and pulled off some unbelievable stops before goergia stole a draw late on. 4.40 for Ukraine at home is long IMO they now know nothing less than 3 victories in the next 3 games before the france match is a must and this starts on wednesday. Holland at Albania is nailed-on IMO @ 1.30, the dutch go top winning this game. Be interesting to see what odds Scotland are in the handicap - being 15.00 to win. Scotland will start 4 5 1 without doubt and a goaless draw here will be like a victory, Thierry Henry suspended and Coupet ( goalkeeper ) injured - Scotland have Barry Ferguson back from suspension who will play in a very strong 3 man centre midfield of Ferguson, Brown and Fletcher ( IMO ) with whatever wide men chosen to not do much offensively. France have the Faroe Islands after this and will want this section put to bed before going to the Ukraine on the last day, thus going allout for victory. French very annoyed a rugby world cup match was played here on Sunday cutting up the pitch really bad and reckon it will slow the game down suiting Scotland.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 Serbia are still without Manchester United's suspended Nemanja Vidic also Boshko Jankovitch joins him due to yellow cards. I don't know about Portugal yet. Seems to me that Serbia bad play recently will not bring them any points in Lisbon.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 Finland - Poland Tip - Pick: 2 2,50 Iceland - North Ireland Tip - Pick: 1 2,55 England - Russia Tip - Pick: 1 1,50 Czech Republic - Ireland Tip - Pick: 1 1,60 Slovakia - Wales Tip - Pick: 1 1,65 Kazakhstan - Belgium Tip - Pick: 2 1,65 Slovenia - Belarus Double Chance - Pick: X2 1,76

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 This time around will only play home teams as saturday was a disaster for me with road teams. Sometimes you wonder why a team plays so bad on the road as they are still playing on grass :loon. Spain -2 -160...back at home here after a disapointing hard fought draw with Icleand currently 3rd in the group this is a game they will win they are at home and cant see them doing any worse than a 2 goal win. Portugal ML....This game is crucial for Portugal, conceded a tough late goal against Poland last time out to draw 2-2. As they had Come back home from a draw at Armenia they were looking to take all 6 points from these 2 home games with 1 point gained from Poland this game becomes crucial and I see Portugal winning this game. Turkey ML.... Another crucial game for a home team looking for 3 points Turkey drew last time out 2-2 to Malta which was a fairly big suprise although it was on the road (which is why I avoid road teams this time) Hungary on the other side have not been to good at all and pretty poor on the road Losing 2-1 at Malta, 4-0 at Norway, and 2-0 at Greece. Sticking with my theme good team at home needing a win vs a team not as good on the road.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 First bet for me is a short priced value bet. Andorra v Croatia - Over 2.5 goals @ 1.35 on Betfair Andorra's group results so far read: England (A) 0-5 Israel (A) 1-4 Croatia (A) 0-7 Macedonia (H) 0-3 England (H) 0-3 Russia (A) 0-4 Israel (H) 0-2 Estonia (A) 1-2 So 7/8 over 2.5 goals, average goals 4 Croatia's group results so far read: Russia (A) 0-0 Andorra (H) 7-0 England (H) 2-0 Israel (A) 4-3 Macedonia (H) 2-1 Estonia (A) 1-0 Russia (H) 0-0 Estonia (H) 2-0 So 3/8 over 2.5 goals, average goals 2.75 and obviously having beat Andorra by 7-0 last time I think there is more than a 75% chance of over 2.5 this time. However I haven't found much team news for this game, anyone know of any that could change this view? Cheers, Rob

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 Just a few for me tomorrow, there's a lot of mismatches and as a result unbackable matches. Also, a good few games that i'll be avoiding. I like Lithuania to win at home to the Faroe Islands and at 1.19 on Betfair I'll take that. I will also lay the Czech Rep at home to Ireland at 1.74 on Betfair. Czechs are missing Koller and Baros, and although Steve Staunton has the managerial acumen of a fart in the breeze I think Ireland will get a point outta tomorrow nites match. Ireland must win the match and even if they do I still dont think they will qualify for Euro 2008. I believe Ireland will score a goal however. Netherlands with a great chance to move to the top of their group travel to Albania, but like American Locksmith above I'm avoiding backing teams on the road tomorrow nite. Also I feel that Albania are better and the home advantage greater than the odds of 1.29 on Netherlands win reflects. Ukraine at home to Italy should be a cracking match. Italy are a very attractive 2.20 on Betfair to win, but I'll be taking the lay of the Ukraine at 4.20. Italy I feel will be happy with a point and move closer to Scotland assuming that the Scots dont get a point against France. Ukraine are a team that tend to blow hot and cold and only drew at the weekend. France will beat Scotland at home in Paris. Odds of 1.32 are good enough even though the French are missing Henry. Anelka and Trezeguet upfront will be more than enough in my opinion. Scotland will get a few attacks in the match and I cant see them scoring, similarly I cant see them keeping France out for the match either. I'd take 1-0 or 2-0 to France. And so to England V Russia. I'll hold off possibly betting on this til McClaren names his team. With Hargreaves and Lampard out, I honestly believe this is a blessing for England. Far too often McClaren sacrifices Gerrard to allow Lampard to play and far to often does Lampard fail. I think Wright-Phillips is a far far superior option to Beckham on the winger. He's got pace, guile, tricks, a good shot and great crosser. Joe Cole on the left is good too and Gerrard and Barry in the centre should be the team. Upfront, I'd keep Heskey and Owen. Owen is the likely scorer and he's always played better with Heskey than anyone else. So I'd play Heskey, but be willing to give Johnson a run for the last 30mins if things arent going to plan. On a quick aside, I've seen the entire England games for maybe the last 5 or 6 appearances. Ashley Cole at left back. Honestly, I cannot for the life of me see what he contributes. He is totally useless going forward and against most teams in qualification this is what he only needs to contribute. Wayne Bridge is a far superior player both in defense and attack. How many times have I seen Ashley Cole go to cross a ball and he fails to clear the first defender. At least 80% of his crosses fail to clear the first defender. If you watch the match, keep on eye on this!!! So its Lithuania to win at home to Faroe Islands @ 1.19 Lay Czech Rep at home to Rep Ireland @ 1.74 Lay Ukraine at home to Italy @ 4.20 France to win at home to Scotland @ 1.32 And maybe, England to win at home to Russia @ 1.60 depending on whether McClaren plays Barry and Heskey.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 i cant believe that price on slovakia! wales are a shambles at the moment and will gladly take that price - too many youngsters and not enough managerial quality. will also have a saver on the 0-0 as given the slovaks beat us 5-1 at home, i'm sure there'll be some effort not to get embarressed again, but unless slovakia send out their team from 1936, they shouldn't have to work too hard. slovakia - 5pts 0-0 - 1 pt

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 I'm still in two minds about the France-Scotland game and really should leave it alone- but I won't :D A real battle of heart and mind. One saying the +2 handicap for Scotland is great value and the other reminding me that Scotland have already lost 0:2 twice to Ukraine and Italy. If it wouldn't spoil my enjoyment of the game so much tomorrow I'd be tempted to make that a trio of 0:2 correct score. Scotland's group is the one I know best so I'll probably punt on the other games. Ukraine +1 @8/13 isn't great odds against the world champions who really need to get all 3 points but I think is worth taking. Ukraine know how to play for a draw and that's what I see them doing while hoping to nick something on the counter or a set piece. I can see the home side taking something out of this if Italy are going to be missing some key players. I fancy Lithuania +2 @6/4 too and that could be one of my main bets. Neither side has really much to play for but as the Lithuanians showed at Hampden they do not yet lack appetite and I'd expect them to give the Faroes a going over. It's a must win for Norway @1/1 tomorrow or they are really in trouble. A win would set them up for the last game at home to Turkey where they could at the very least take a play off place depending on how Greece do elsewhere. The Norwegians are in good form and in the friendly I saw them play against Argentina I was quite impressed with them. I don't see much else tomorrow and most of the other matches I will probably stay away from. One last one I fancy though is Slovenia @10/11 to beat Belarus. No other reason other than revenge and Slovenia are quite a good home side despite their current standings.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 SERBIA Mladen Krstajic(Schalke 04) is ruled out through injury, Bosko Jankovic(Palermo) is suspended, Milan Smiljanic(Espanyol) is re-called by the Serbia U21 coach! Serbia are boosted by the return of Nemanja Vidic!There will be some changes for Serbia, maybe even at the back, in order to keep the Portuguese wingers quiet(Rukavina is hardly capable of coping with them)...Ivanovic could start as the right back(his natural position)!Serbia are almost certain to start with two players up front! IMO, probable lineup... Serbia: Stojkovic(Sporting Lisbon) - Ivanovic(Locomotiv Moscow), Vidic(Manchester United), Dragutinovic(FC Sevilla), Tosic(Werder Bremen) - Stankovic(Inter Milan), Kuzmanovic(Fiorentina), Kovacevic(RC Lens), Krasic(CSKA Moscow) - Zigic(Valencia), Lazovic(PSV Eindhoven) or Pantelic(Hertha BSC)

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9

SERBIA Mladen Krstajic(Schalke 04) is ruled out through injury, Bosko Jankovic(Palermo) is suspended, Milan Smiljanic(Espanyol) is re-called by the Serbia U21 coach! Serbia are boosted by the return of Nemanja Vidic!There will be some changes for Serbia, maybe even at the back, in order to keep the Portuguese wingers quiet(Rukavina is hardly capable of coping with them)...Ivanovic could start as the right back(his natural position)!Serbia are almost certain to start with two players up front! IMO, probable lineup... Serbia: Stojkovic(Sporting Lisbon) - Ivanovic(Locomotiv Moscow), Vidic(Manchester United), Dragutinovic(FC Sevilla), Tosic(Werder Bremen) - Stankovic(Inter Milan), Kuzmanovic(Fiorentina), Kovacevic(RC Lens), Krasic(CSKA Moscow) - Zigic(Valencia), Lazovic(PSV Eindhoven) or Pantelic(Hertha BSC)
Very Impressive Squad, still fancy Porugal to win a crucial 3 points although I would go for serbia +1 over Portugal -1 as I would surely favor a draw over Portugal by 2. Also looking ahead Serbia will face Armenia and Azberzijan in there next 2 ties seems like a couple of good rebound games after a loss. ;) :hope

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 I like the look of France (-1). 10-11 with William Hills. Boo hiss, I know, but I definitely fancy France to beat us by a clear two goal margin. I'm worried about Scotland at the back, for me it's the weakest area of the team. Ok, we have an outstanding keeper in Craig Gordon, but he alone can't stop the French attack. The pace and movement of Anelka, Ribery and Malouda will be difficult for a static Scottish defence to cope with. McManus and Weir badly lack pace, and even if they are defending deep, the movement of the French will cause them problems. Hutton has been excellent at right back for Rangers, but has been most impressive going forward. Defensively there is still a bit of Jekyll and Hyde about his play......brilliant in one moment, but then loses his head soon after. Great footballer, poor decision maker at times, and I think his lack of experience at this level could hinder the side. And at left back, McEveley doesn't convince me. I think he could be a big weakness for us in this game. Ok, admittedly I've seen little of him, but I just don't think he's ready for this encounter. As a unit, Scotland's back 4 is lacking in both pace and experience at this level for me, so I believe the French will score at least twice. The Italians put two past us, as did Ukraine, and I fear the French attack more than any other side in the group, even without Henry. There is always the chance any side could steal a goal out of nowhere, but Scotland don't have great quality going forward. Fletcher and Ferguson are excellent at keeping possession under pressure in the middle of the park, and Brown adds tremendous energy and drive, but we lack genuine quality in the final third, and a goal will come as a genuine surprise to me, never mind a favourable result ! Against the top sides, we have scored a fortunate goal against France at Hampden, and failed to score in Italy and Ukraine.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 I don't like the idea of predicting Ukraine v Italy, but I found this interesting. Italy have won all 4 of their competitive games against Ukraine by at least two goals. And the Ukraine have never beaten a team ranked higher than 14 by Fifa at home. Italy are around 'evens' for this, so they'll feature on my coupon. Possibly my favourite bet of the week is Slovakia to beat Wales. Around 4-6 for a Slovakian win. They beat Wales 5-1 away from home, Germany have just effectively put to bed any hopes Wales had of qualifying and Jason Koumas has pulled out of the squad.........definitely a selection for me.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 Czech Republic - Ireland pick- Ireland do not score 2.82 in my opinion or Czech Rep. win 1-0 or draw 0-0. Galásek and Polák are two defensive midfilders...but Galásek played badly against San Marino as all Czech players. Czech Republic: Čech - UjfaluÅ¡i, Kováč, Rozehnal, Jankulovski - Sionko (Jarolím), Rosický, Galásek, Polák - BaroÅ¡, Fenin. Ireland: Given - O´Shea, McShane, Dunne, Kelly - McGeady, Carsley, Reid, Kilbane - Keane, Doyle.

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 I'm hoping Wales put up a better showing in Slovakia than they did in Cardiff against the same opposition. Surely they can't play as badly as they did then! Mind you, they didn't exactly fill me full of confidence following an abject showing against the Germans on Saturday in Cardiff. If they get their act together and play as they can they can get a draw but I wouldn't bet on it with any confidence!

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 Here are my crazy bets :loon Finland H (+1.5 ) - Poland. Pick 2 @ 5.00 (my local bookie) Why? Because I'm from Poland;) After lucky draw in Portugal morale rised up. Everybody here knows that today's match is more importand than last one. I see two scenarios. First one: It could be tight game. Especially that we have problems with attackers. So draw is possible. Second: One team win confidently and it'll be Poland becouse we know that 3 points here give us promotion to Euro 2008 in practice. And Leo Benhakker change forwarders to those who scores. I think price aobut 5.0 is worth taking. (1/10) Kazakhstan - Belgium. Pick 2 @ 1.70 I think Belgium will win this one. Kazakhstan doesn't have quality to win. I expect 0:1 here. Belgium lost their away matches again Serbia, Portugal and Finland and win against Armenia which is closer to Kazahstan than others 3 teams. (4/10) Albania H (+1.5) - Netherlands. Pick 2 @ 1.65 The same situation. Albania home: Romania 0:2, Slovenia 0:0, Luxembourg 2:0. I can't see how Albanian defenders stop Sneijder. (4/10)

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 I fancy "both teams to score" in Slovenia - Belarus game today. Slovenia missing both starting central defenders and with new look midfield with both CMs looking offensive (Vrsic and Stevanovic). Latest games vs. these two all finished with both teams scoring: 1-1, 1-1 and if i remember right 3-1 or 3-2. odds are set @ around 1.75-1.80

Re: Euro 2008 qualifiers - matches 12/9 If someone knows a little bit of Serbian - please help translate this from their official site. It says something about player problems, but I cannot quite understand it

Селектор Хавијер Клементе има доста проблема око састава тима. Због парних жутих картона у Лисабону не може да игра офанзивни креатор игре Бошко Јанковић, а потврђено је да Никола Жигић није довољно опорављен од повреде и вечерас га неће бити у тиму Србије. Милан Смиљанић је још уочи утакмице са Финском враћен у састав младе репрезентације, чији је капитен, а како је долазак на припреме отказао и Младен Крстајић због повреда лигамената колена, са списка од 21 репрезентативца на које је селектор рачунао, за вечерашњу утакмицу остало је само 15 играча и два голмана.