The most annoying things in poker

PAULM03

Re: The most annoying things in poker This seems to happen a hell of a lot on PKR cash games where everyone through to the SB will either limp or fold the BB will then min raise!! :@ it's just a complete waste of time as the majority of times they don't have a monster and we have to sit there and go round the bloody table again for an extra 25/50c each :wall i have no idea why, but maybe it's written in some crappy poker book somewhere.

Re: The most annoying things in poker I have three of them which are connected to each other and another one that has nothing to do with the others.. 1 - to be able to play only in one site (still illegally) because online gambling is restricted in your country. 2 - THEREFORE playing at a site in which you can't look at your HH's or use any program that almost teaches poker like SNGwiz.. 3 - AND to be unable to play with your mates in the forum most of the time (99%) the other one board having a straight when you own the opponent (sometimes you flop the straight but it makes no sense when turn and river are your hole cards)

Re: The most annoying things in poker

This seems to happen a hell of a lot on PKR cash games where everyone through to the SB will either limp or fold the BB will then min raise!! :@ it's just a complete waste of time as the majority of times they don't have a monster and we have to sit there and go round the bloody table again for an extra 25/50c each :wall i have no idea why' date=' but maybe it's written in some crappy poker book somewhere.[/quote'] YES! Totally agree

Re: The most annoying things in poker Another thing i hate is that i NEVER win a race when i have a pocket pair against 2 over cards it's completely ridiculous :wall:wall:wall:wall :@:@:@ Yet when i have AQ v 33 the 3's hold up of course!!!!!!!!! :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@ When i want an ace i'm the only person in poker who doesn't hit one. Think i've been pretty calm lately, needed a rant ;)

Another thing i hate is that i NEVER win a race when i have a pocket pair against 2 over cards it's completely ridiculous :wall:wall:wall:wall :@:@:@ Yet when i have AQ v 33 the 3's hold up of course!!!!!!!!! :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@ When i want an ace i'm the only person in poker who doesn't hit one. Think i've been pretty calm lately, needed a rant ;)
:lol you're not the only one mate. Its just we never remember when the Ace hits! ;) Although the other day I went from chip leader to out when 2 flips went against me. First my 99 lost to AQ and then the very next hand against the same guy my AK lost to his 44. But I'm sure it evens itself out in the long run.
When everybody puts gg in the chat box. Well it wasn't a good game for me as I've just been knocked out. :@
Agree with that too! :lol Although I'm guilty of typing gg as well. I guess it's better than "unlucky" or "fcuk off you're out!!" :lol :\

Although the other day I went from chip leader to out when 2 flips went against me. First my 99 lost to AQ and then the very next hand against the same guy my AK lost to his 44. But I'm sure it evens itself out in the long run.
A very similar thing happened to me yesterday, with about 5ppl left i was 3/4th in a SNG. One of the shorter stacks went all in with some low pocket pair up against AJ and won to double through, the next hand i had 1010 all in called by the guy who just had the low pocket pair with AJ, he hit an ace to knock me out. I 'commented' that he was a lucky bar steward to which he told me it's only about 25% to win 2/2 races like this, but i have no idea :unsure

Re: The most annoying things in poker when you are ITM in an STT and are just about the short stack and shove the button with A3 and the SB wakes up with A10 and the BB AK - that really pisses me off or when wombles call a PF raise & reraise shove with A6 and hit 2 sixes to crack your AA and then type in sorry - just don't ever ever ever say sorry to me, you are not sorry otherwise you wouldn't have called with that shite - that REALLY REALLY pisses me off - just sit there and be happy that you hit your miracle cards and be pleased with yourself, dont fecking well try to make me feel better by saying sorry - I DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU, YOU ARE A WOMBLE AND HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO PLAY (rant over :rollin) Damo

Agree with that too! :lol Although I'm guilty of typing gg as well. I guess it's better than "unlucky" or "fcuk off you're out!!" :lol :\
I agree gg is ridiculous - it doesn't actually mean "good game" - it means, "you've just been eliminated and I'm acknowledging that fact" - a week or two ago a PL'r was sat out for most of a focus game, arrived short stacked, went all in first hand with an average hand - I called with a better hand and it held up - then we had the flood of gg's - I didn't know what to say - so said "gg" (in quotes) - don't know if I was being rude, but gg seemed such a ridiculous comment....

I agree gg is ridiculous - it doesn't actually mean "good game" - it means' date=' "you've just been eliminated and I'm acknowledging that fact" - a week or two ago a PL'r was sat out for most of a focus game, arrived short stacked, went all in first hand with an average hand - I called with a better hand and it held up - then we had the flood of gg's - I didn't know what to say - so said "gg" (in quotes) - don't know if I was being rude, but gg seemed such a ridiculous comment....[/quote'] It's bad etiquette not saying gg. Saying gg in inverted commas is just a disgrace ;). Seriously though sometimes i feel obliged to say gg in PL games as i don't want to be the odd one out, but i don't mind it, i suppose it's the best way of acknowledging someone else's good company in a tournament. In last nights focus game when i went in with 77 called by 99 to go out i said gg, but only to stop myself writing 'you ******* **** how dare you ******* call with a better ******* hand than me, i can't ******* believe i'm going ******* out early in a ****** tournament a ******* gain' ;) :lol

Re: The most annoying things in poker I dont mind gg at all. It's just the online equivalent of shaking hands with an opponent when they're knocked out. Most social niceties are a bit silly if you analyze them too closely. For the same reason, I don't mind people saying "sorry" when they put a bad beat on me, even though I know they're not really sorry: getting annoyed at people who are just trying to be polite is a bit too Victor Meldrew for me. I used to say sorry myself, but now I only do it if the player has done it to me before, as I know it annoys some people. I often say "ul" now instead. Does that annoy people too? My pet peeves. In general I hate people who berate their opponents, but worst is the people who bluff and berate an opponent who calls them. "Fish! How can you call me with that when I'm representing ...?" Well, maybe you weren't representing it as well as you thought you were!

Re: The most annoying things in poker 1) Saving a buy-in playing cash, by having the sense to lay down set Aces on the River, when my oppo makes his flush... and half an hour later losing a buy-in with AK, when all three of my opponents turn over JT for the straight :wall :cry 2) Spending most of the next day thinking about what a donk I am for losing another buy-in :$ :$ :lol

often say "ul" now instead. Does that annoy people too?
yes - especially if it the womble who types it - the other players I don't mind saying it when i bad beat someone (especially if my read was waaaaaaaaaaaay off )- I always put 'lucky me' trying to admit my mistake - though I guess that might be construed as being 'clever or bragging' as well hmm very tricky this! I don't mind GG if someone has actually played in the correct spirit. And I agree with you re: others who bereate the fish - 'don't tap on the glass' is what I normally type and usually get a 'WTF?????' response.......:eyes Damo

And I agree with you re: others who bereate the fish - 'don't tap on the glass' is what I normally type and usually get a 'WTF?????' response.......:eyes
I think I have some way to go before I'm a proper poker player. :sad I object to it because it's rude, not because it's driving the fish away. I guess that's a leak I'll have to eliminate from my game! :lol

Also one of the worst' date=' that only a complete idiot, says is "ty" when they suck out on you. Gotta hate em, but not let 'em get to you.[/quote'] Yes, and it's worst when you weren't paying attention to the chat, so you have to go back through it to see whether it was just a fairly polite response to a "nh", or whether they're just being a jerk! :lol

Re: The most annoying things in poker I like the TY comment when you come and and beat someone over the head with it later in the game. Its happened to me more than once where someone has badbeat me and typed 'TY' only for me to knock them out later. I always return the compliment. I was at a table a few nights ago where someone was saying 'cheers' every hand he won. I made two bad calls against him and badbeat him both times. I made sure I thanked him with a polite 'cheers' both times:lol