Lithuania - Faroe Islands

Guest Tonyvdb

Guest Tonyvdb

Paddy Power offers 1,62 for a homewin, value or not ?? I know Faroe did well at home (!) against Scotland, but Lithuania have quite a few reputated players in their ranks, Jankauskas for example... Dunno ?!?

good odds Lithuania are far superior in terms of player, performance and results these are the types of games punters should be looking at IMO in order to build up a better understanding of International football and identifying value prospects. Keep an eye on International threads IMO you will see a lot of p/sh talked, if you do not toe the traditional and outdated mentality you can do all right in these games. Prepare to be selective though, cheers :)

Guest Get Me a Drink

A Gift? Can't believe the odds on this one. Surely a home win. The Faroes will probably play for a point but their defence was not impressive against the Scots. Lithuania are always difficult to beat at home.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Re: A Gift? You can presently get great value on a home win in Ladbrokes at 4/6. I don't think that the Fareo part-timers could possibly compeat against the present Lithuania side. Although Fareo will probably play for a draw, I think that after loosing to Germany 2-0 at home, Lithuania will be absolutely desperate to win this match. Check out Betbrain for the latest odds on this match. Ladbrokes seems to be way out in its price.

Hmmm.... I don't want to put anyone off or anything but the last time I remember these sides playing each other in Lithuania it ended 0-0. I consider Lithuania to be a very poor side. Their only quality player is Jankauskas indeed ;) They can defend ok when they want to but the Faroes could well frustrate and get a draw again so I don't see any value in it myself...

Guest Tonyvdb

Re: Hmmm.... don't worry, Lithuania have players from clubs like FC Porto, Akrakitos in Greece, Mainz in 2nd Bundesliga and other clubs in Russia, Italy, Ukraine, Greece, ... On their - only in Lithuanian language - website, they have a vote on how many goals they will score against Faroe, so they look confident ... I'm pretty sure they'll beat Faroe.

results Hi - not very extensive but these may help. Lithuania dont seem to be in the best of form at the moment. LITHUANIA International Friendlies 09-Feb-02 N Moldova W 1-0 11-Feb-02 A Malta D 1-1 13-Feb-02 N Jordan L 0-3 (0-1) 17-Apr-02 A Yugoslavia L 1-4 21-Aug-02 H Israel L 2-4 Gp 5 07-Sep-02 H Germany L 0-2 Recent Form Pld W D L F A GD GFA GAA PpG Pts Rank Last 8 Overall 6 1 1 4 5 14 -9 0.83 2.33 0.66 4 55 Last 5 Home 3 1 0 2 3 6 -3 1.00 2.00 1.00 3 50 Last 5 Away 3 0 1 2 2 8 -6 0.66 2.66 0.33 1 53 FAROE ISLANDS International Friendlies 10-Feb-02 N Poland L 1-2 13-Feb-02 N Liechtenstein W 1-0 21-Aug-02 H Liechtenstein W 3-1 Gp 5 07-Sep-02 H Scotland D 2-2 Recent Form Pld W D L F A GD GFA GAA PpG Pts Rank Last 8 Overall 4 2 1 1 7 5 2 1.75 1.25 1.75 7 40 Last 5 Home 4 2 1 1 7 5 2 1.75 1.25 1.75 7 22 Last 5 Away 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0.00 0.00 0 58

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Re: Odds Reduction A lot of money must be going on Lithuania in this match. The bookmakers are begining to reduce their odds. Ladbrokes have come from 4/6 to 4/7 and premier bet have also reduced their odds. If you check out bet brain, you will find that 4/6 / 1.67 is an excellent price compared to the rest of the bookies. I have bet on Lithuania myself at 4/6 however I must admit to being somewhat worried. I think that Lithuania will be really up for it though and a 2-0 beating by Germany in their last game is not too bad, considering that Lithuania feel that they should have got a penalty. Anyway, here's hoping Lithuania will win 12-0 . Fat chance of that but maybe 2-0.