Bodog - connection problems

philossify

Anyone else having problems connecting their bodog poker client? or even bodog.com? I am. Theres some posting on another forum about lots of connection problems at mo .... seems different providers have a problem - mine is AOL. Just about to try shutting doen and bringing up my internet to see if that helps - anyone know how to clear/refresh any cache data that might be keeping me out? Cheers :hope [later] - contacted bodog and here is the response ..... Thank you for contacting Bodog Poker. We would like to inform you that we are having some technical difficulties at this time. It's an issue with our DNS servers and our domain registrar. That means the website is there but your computer and your ISP are unable to find it because the address has changed. We are working to resolve ASAP but have no clear timeline right now. We will send out an email to all players when we have a better update. Please accept our apologies for the disruptions and please be assured we are already taking steps to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future. We hope to have it resolved by the end of the day. Your patience is greatly appreciated. ... basically wait till tomorrow I think ....

Re: Bodog - connection problems This is on Poker Player Mag site...

Online poker Bodog problems Costa Rican based online poker and sports betting operation in crisis over domain name
By Chris Marais August 2007
There’s trouble at Bodog mill, with the news that users are unable to access the site for online poker and sports betting. The domain name Bodog.com isn’t working in poker players’ browsers and punters are being redirected by Bodog customer services to newBodog.com. It seems there is a legal issue over the domain name, which could spell big trouble for the maverick gaming company. On the new site head honcho Calvin Ayre has posted the following message, along with an apology: “As you may know by now, Bodog.com is experiencing a technical issue impacting our players' ability to access our website.” “This is the result of a legal dispute over the ownership of the Bodog.com domain name. We are fighting this dispute. We are confident that we will win, but until all is settled, I do not want our battle to interrupt your play.” “We are working to resolve any remaining issues on the temporary site as soon as possible, and fully expect to have our original site back up shortly.” We will monitor the situation closely and keep you posted…

Re: Bodog - connection problems

Does this problem still exist as I cannot connect tonight but it is blaming my firewall settings which have been the same setting every other I have connected to Bodog
I still have this problem, please can somebody who has bodog give it a whirl and if successful ping me the CS email address :ok