** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Newbury 18/08/07

Carl

Caradak one of my favourite horses with Electrocutionist(sp?) Oxx's old horse CARADAK (IRE) caradak_(ire).jpg Caradak (IRE) ©www.godolphin.com

• Colour: Bay
  • Sire: Desert Style (IRE)
  • Dam: Caraiyma (IRE)

Strong, useful-looking horse: very smart performer: left J. Oxx in Ireland, won 4-runner minor event at Newbury, Celebration Mile at Goodwood (by short-head from Killybegs, well ridden in tactical affair) in August and Prix de la Foret at Longchamp (beat dead-heaters Welsh Emperor and Linngari by short neck, soon handy in steadily-run race) in 2006: respectable third to Ramonti in Premio Vittorio di Capua at Milan final outing: effective at 7f/1m: acts on firm and good to soft going: has been bandaged behind: game and consistent. It might not win tomoz but ( I think it will) Im glad to see it back C'mon

Re: Newbury 18/08/07 mmm I wasn’t overly impressed when it beat welsh emperor at Longchamp that would have paid for my trip. Caradak does have a habit of winning in tight finishes thou and dettori on it is a plus, nicely priced at 7/1. I'm going to take a flyer on one tomorrow in the 2.45 Newbury. Papal Bull could finish first or tailed off last (I say that quite liking the temperamental bugger) and the race possible being to tactical for Shahin. It does give some nice prices to the others and I will take a chance on Land 'n Stars at I would expect around 25/1 (only Paddy power up at time of writing) With doubts over 2 of the top 3 in the betting inmy mind 25/1 in a 5 runner tactical race is worth a punt and although nothing special Land 'n Stars was not disgraced in the Goodwood cup, so heres hoping for a return to previous efforts and the market leaders flopping.

Re: Newbury 18/08/07 I quite fancy John Gosden's STRONGHOLD in CARADAKS race . The trainers record , when he has runner , is 1,1,3,6,1 . The 6th place was reportedly very unlucky in running . STRONGHOLD hasn't ran for over 300 days but has won FTO in a season and recorded a victory after a 60+ day break. GOSDEN has had 5 wins from 22 runners in 4y-old+ races at NEWBURY and with the ground + distance suiting i think a decent show is on the cards.

Re: Newbury 18/08/07

can i ask how you insert a picture on here20070809112909990002
Right click the picture you want to put up, go to properties and copy the address. Then click the icon that looks a bit like a postcard on here(if you hover mouse over it it says enter image), enter your address and hey presto, your pic will be here. :ok